|“||I've seen a world where I'm not a Legend... and I've seen a world where I am. We all make choices in our lives, every second, everyday, and those choices... they define us, but they don't control us. We are our future, not our past. No matter what choice you make, the world you're in is the world you chose... Accept it. One day you're a Legend, the next you're something else. So be it, nothing will control me.
|Real Name||Renee Blasey|
|Tactical Ability||Into the Void|
|Passive Ability||Voices from the Void|
|Ultimate Ability||Dimensional Rift|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Shantel VanSanten|
Wraith is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
A versatile Offensive Legend, Wraith can reposition and flank her enemies with her abilities. Using Into the Void will allow Wraith to reposition or take cover while being invincible while her Dimensional Rift can allow her squad to be safely transported over long distances. Finally, her Voices from the Void passive can give her and her teammates warnings about enemies approaching.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Subject 611367, Codenamed "Wraith", is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute swift and deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC Detention Facility for the Mentally Ill with no memory of her life before. She also began hearing a distant voice whispering in her mind that would keep her awake for days on end, nearly driving her insane.
She was on the facility one day when a portal opened before she was to be sedated. A person wearing a purple helmet comes out and scares the facility staff away. The person berated her for not fighting back and revealed herself to her. She was her from another dimension, on a quest for revenge on the people who experimented on her. With this Voidwalker's help, she learned to trust the voices and was given the device needed for her to safely manipulate the void.
Using a portal to the Voidwalker's dimension enabled her to escape her facility, arriving in Kings Canyon still under construction for the Apex Games. Determined to uncover her true identity, Wraith began a quest to find out more about the experiments and herself. Many of the old research facilities, however, are buried beneath the heavily guarded arenas used for the Apex Games. She now returns from where she arrived on this world and joined the competition, and with every match she gets closer to the truth.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Into the Void[edit | edit source]
|Into the Void|
|Description||Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage.|
- Upon activation, Wraith enters the void for 3 seconds. While in the void, the screen will turn greyscale and you become invulnerable, but also unable to see enemies or their actions.
- Enemies can see a whispy blue trail showing where you're going while in the void.
- While in the void, Wraith is unable to interact with some objects in the world, including doors and objects placed by abilities, but can use ziplines.
- There is a brief delay when entering and exiting the void during which Wraith is unable to perform any other action.
- This ability is very useful for escaping fights you know you won't win, especially in close quarters.
- Be sure to reach safety as you exit the void, since there is a delay before you can do anything else.
- Set a portal if you have teammates that are too far behind.
Voices from the Void[edit | edit source]
|Voices from the Void|
|Description||A voice warns you when danger approaches. As far as you can tell, it's on your side|
- You hear a spectral voice audibly warn you if:
- An enemy is aiming at you
- An enemy with a sniper rifle is aiming at you
- A grenade is thrown at you
- There are traps nearby
- There are many enemies nearby
- Many people have died near you
- When you hear the voice, you can share the info with your squadmates.
- As Voices from the Void warns you when someone is aiming at you, you can easily go out into the open with decreased danger, provided you have nearby cover to retreat to. When combined with your Into the Void ability, this passive makes avoiding ambushes very easy.
Dimensional Rift[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||150 seconds|
|Description||Link two locations with portals for 60 seconds, allowing anyone to use them.|
- Wraith places one end of a portal where she activates the ability, then runs to another location and places the other end. Players can then pass through the portal to take that same path through the void at 5x the speed they would otherwise. It can be used in either direction.
- Wraith can run roughly 100 meters before placing the other end of the portal. The 'timer' does not count down while standing still.
- While running to place the other end, Wraith cannot use any weapons, items, or map features, but she does receive a 25% speed bonus and can use Into the Void.
- Players taking the portal are invulnerable and leave a faint blue trail, much like Wraith while using Into the Void.
- The speed bonus while placing the portals does not stack with Into the Void's speed bonus.
- Players are the only things able to pass through portals. No projectiles, objects, Crypto drones, or Mirage decoys can use them.
- Wattson's Perimeter Security fences can be built intersecting the portal, since it is intangible.
- Portal can be used to help downed teammates to quickly travel or to bait enemies if done correctly.
- You can use your abilities while placing portal.
- The portal rift follows you, and when it is placed, it throws you out where you are facing. Make sure to face the direction you want when you place the portal.
- Multiple players can take the portal at the same time instead of waiting one by one.
- There's a possibility that some Legends can become stuck in the geometry of the environment if they take Wraith's portal.
Low Profile[edit | edit source]
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 51 legend skins for Wraith; 12 Legendary, 6 Epic, 17 Rare and 16 Common.
- The skin was named "Ghostwraith" on release but was changed to its current name.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Into the Light
Heirloom Set[edit | edit source]
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Kunai
- A Banner Pose.
- An Intro Quip.
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Pack[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- Follow my path to win.
- I don't fear anything.
- Pain... death... nothing fazes me.
- Try not to blink, you may miss me.
- Just a step in the right direction.
- Another day, another road.
- Every decision counts.
- Good choice... for me.
- I saw this coming.
- I'll take you down more than once.
- I'm here today... let's do this.
- I'm quick, and I'll finish this.
- I've been here before.
- It's my turn this time.
- I know more than you'll never know.
- You don't get here by sitting around doing nothing.
- Something wrong with your head if you fight me.
- Trust just your eyes and you'll lose.
- Wanna win? Do what I do.
- You chose the wrong door to knock on.
- Death... like winter... is unavoidable.
- Let's just say a little birdie told me all about you.
- Can't catch what you can't see.
- Caught you.
- Don't blame yourself.
- Every decision counts.
- I caught the win this time.
- I knew this end would come, just didn't know when.
- I knew your every move.
- I saw this coming a mile away.
- I'd say try better.
- I've seen this all before.
- I know if we fought together, things would be different.
- In another life, this may have been different.
- Maybe in another time or space, you'd kill me... not this one.
- It's deja vu with you fighters.
- Knowledge is power... and pain.
- Listen to everything... and you can win.
- Looking for me? Here I am.
- A match like this is much more than shooting a gun.
- There were multiple ways this could end.
- Not today.
- Now you see me.
- I guess I was just one step ahead of you.
- Each win gets me one step closer to what I want.
- Shoot this.
- Sometimes you lose, sometimes you don't.
- Step quieter next time.
- This was the outcome this time... it's just the way it is.
- The road you chose has ended here.
- Don't worry, there was no way out of this.
- This didn't have to happen... but it did.
- This is where it ends.
- Too slow.
- We all have our reasons... don't take this personally.
- This is what happens when you aren't focused.
- You challenged the wrong person.
- Be honest, you knew this would end here.
- You lost this time.
- Your choice is pointless... none of this matters.
- Don't worry, I would've gotten you any way... zigged or zagged.
- You're being aimed at.
- Shooter! Move!
- They're aiming right at you!
- They may have seen you
- Sniper is aiming
- Sniper, move!
- Near a battle
- You're in a hot zone.
- You're not safe there.
- Others died there!
- Nearby traps
- They've got traps!
- They've laid traps!
- Warning teammates
- Pretty sure someone's got a shot on me.
- I think someone's aiming at me. Not sure.
- I'm pretty sure we're open targets.
- Not sure, I think someone's targeting me.
- Trap nearby.
- Yes. Made it through.
- Feels good when the plan actually works, nice job.
- And that's how you get the job done.
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wraith's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Phase Shift tactical ability. In that game, phasing could only be performed by simulacrums and titans, so Wraith is the first human character with this ability.
- An audio log found in-game inside the research labs reveals Wraith was a Research Science Pilot.
- This makes her the only confirmed Pilot in Apex Legends so far (though this does not translate into gameplay).
- When using the Into the Void ability, you can see silhouettes of other wraith players use the ability the same time as you.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
IMC report on the Wraith project.
Wraith's heirloom kunai.
Concept art of Wraith.
Concept art of Voidwalker Wraith.
References[edit | edit source]