|“||I've seen a world where I'm not a Legend... and I've seen a world where I am. We all make choices in our lives, every second, every day, and those choices... they define us, but they don't control us. We are our future, not our past. No matter what choice you make, the world you're in is the world you chose... Accept it. One day you're a Legend, the next you're something else. So be it, nothing will control me.|
|Real Name||Renee Blasey|
|Height||5'4" (163 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Into the Void|
|Passive Ability||Voices from the Void|
|Ultimate Ability||Dimensional Rift|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Shantel VanSanten|
Wraith is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
A versatile Offensive Legend, Wraith can reposition and flank her enemies with her abilities. Using Into the Void will allow Wraith to reposition or take cover while being invincible while her Dimensional Rift can allow her squad to be safely transported over long distances. Finally, her Voices from the Void passive can give her and her teammates' warnings about enemies approaching.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Subject 61137, Codenamed "Wraith", is a whirlwind fighter, able to execute swift and deadly attacks and manipulate spacetime by opening rifts in the fabric of reality. Years ago, she woke up in an IMC Detention Facility for the Mentally Ill with no memory of her life before. She also began hearing a distant voice whispering in her mind that would keep her awake for days on end, nearly driving her insane.
She was in the facility one day when a portal opened before she was to be sedated. A person wearing a purple helmet came out, scaring the facility staff away. The person berated her for not fighting back and revealed herself to Wraith. She was her from another dimension, on a quest for revenge on the people who experimented on her. With this Voidwalker's help, she learned to trust the voices and was given the device needed for her to safely manipulate the void.
Using a portal to the Voidwalker's dimension enabled her to escape her facility, arriving in Kings Canyon - still under construction for the Apex Games. Determined to uncover her true identity, Wraith began a quest to find out more about the experiments and herself. Many of the old research facilities, however, are buried beneath the heavily guarded arenas used for the Apex Games. She now returns to where she arrived in this world and joined the competition, and with every match, she gets closer to the truth.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Into the Void[edit | edit source]
|Into the Void|
|Description||Reposition quickly through the safety of void space, avoiding all damage.|
- Wraith plays two animations when activating this ability, which takes 1.25 seconds in total. The first second she plays a "focusing" animation. The last 0.25 seconds Wraith "activates" the ability.
- Wraith skips the "Focusing" animation while using Dimensional Rift.
- There is a brief delay when entering and exiting the void during which Wraith is unable to perform any other action. Movement is also slowed by 20% unless Dimensional Rift is also active.
- Upon activation, Wraith enters the void for 4 seconds. While in the void, the screen will turn greyscale, you become invulnerable and will gain a 30% speed boost. You will still be able to see enemies.
- Enemies can see a wispy blue trail showing where you're going while in the void.
- While in the void, Wraith is unable to interact with some objects in the world, including doors and objects placed by abilities, but can use ziplines.
- This ability now takes 1.25 seconds to activate, so be careful what your health is at when using it as an escape tool, try using it when your health is about half-way damaged
- Be sure to reach safety as you exit the void since there is a delay before you can do anything else.
Voices from the Void[edit | edit source]
|Voices from the Void|
|Description||A voice warns you when danger approaches. As far as you can tell, it's on your side|
- You hear a spectral voice audibly warn you if:
- An enemy is aiming at you
- An enemy with a sniper rifle is aiming at you
- A grenade is thrown at you
- There are traps nearby
- There are many enemies nearby
- Many people have died near you
- When you hear the voice, you can share the info with your squadmates.
- As Voices from the Void warns you when someone is aiming at you, you can easily go out into the open with decreased danger, provided you have nearby cover to retreat to. When combined with your Into the Void ability, this passive makes avoiding ambushes very easy.
Dimensional Rift[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||210 seconds|
|Description||Link two locations with portals for 60 seconds, allowing anyone to use them.|
- Wraith places one end of a portal where she activates the ability, then runs to another location and places the other end. Players can then pass through the portal to take that same path through the void at 5x the speed they would otherwise. It can be used in either direction.
- Wraith can run roughly 75 meters before placing the other end of the portal. The Rift Energy is shown on top of your H.U.D. upon activation and does not drain while standing still.
- If Wraith uses less than 4.72% of the Rift Energy, then places the other end of a portal, it will be canceled, allowing her to keep her ultimate charge at 100%.
- While running to place the other end, Wraith cannot use any weapons, items, or map features, but she does receive a 25% speed bonus and can skip the Into the Void 'Focusing' animation.
- Wraith cannot use another Dimension Rift while placing hers, that is she only simply goes pass the rift without entering it.
- Players taking the portal are invulnerable and leave a faint blue trail, much like Wraith while using Into the Void.
- Portals will disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside The Ring.
- The speed bonus while placing the portals does not stack with Into the Void's speed bonus.
- Players are the only things able to pass through portals. No projectiles, objects, Crypto drones, or Mirage decoys can use them.
- Wattson's Perimeter Security fences can be built intersecting the portal since it is intangible.
- Players cannot use a portal for two seconds after being recalled by Revenant’s Death Totem.
- This ability is best used to help your squad escape when backed into a corner.
- Portal can be used to help downed teammates to quickly travel or to bait enemies if done correctly.
- You can use your abilities while placing a portal.
- The portal rift follows you, and when it is placed, it throws you out where you are facing. Make sure to face the direction you want when you place the portal.
- Multiple players can take the portal at the same time instead of waiting for one to exit.
- You can place the exit of the portal at the edge of a map and any enemies that fall for the bait will fall to their deaths or into a map feature that does environmental damage. Be careful when doing this as your teammates can fall victim to this method.
Low Profile[edit | edit source]
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
- Additionally, incoming leg shots do the same damage as body shots.
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 58 legend skins for Wraith; 15 Legendary, 7 Epic, 20 Rare and 16 Common.
- The skin was named "Ghostwraith" on release but was changed to its current name.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Now You See Me
Into the Light
Heirloom Set[edit | edit source]
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Kunai
- A Banner Pose: Fearless
- An Intro Quip: "You know what I look like - come find me."
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Holo-Sprays[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- ▶️ "My name is Wraith - and we have a job to do."
- ▶️ "Trust me - I know what I’m doing."
- ▶️ "I know all the roads. They all lead to the same place."
- ▶️ "I’ve seen it all. Nothing surprises me."
- ▶️ "Each choice changes everything."
- ▶️ "I’m not afraid-- I’ll never be."
- ▶️ "The win is out there looking for you. It’ll find you if you let it."
- ▶️ "Follow me if you want to win."
- ▶️ "I know what you’re looking for. I’m in."
- ▶️ "I’ve got everything you need."
- ▶️ "You made the right choice this time."
- ▶️ "Let’s go find them all."
- ▶️ "Let’s pick the right way and go."
- ▶️ "All that matters... is being the last one alive."
- ▶️ "I know where we want to be-- follow me."
- ▶️ "With the right moves, we’ll take this win."
- "Prepared and ready."
- "There’s a win out there waiting for us."
- "Listen-- and fight."
- "We have no choice but to win."
- "You know what I look like - come find me."
- "Follow my path to win."
- "I don't fear anything. Can you say the same?"
- "Pain... death... nothing phases me."
- "Try not to blink, you may miss me."
- "There's a thin line between life and death. You can find me there."
- "I'll travel every road, kick down every door, till I get what I want."
- "You think it's cold? Spend time in The Void. You'll know what's cold."
- "Just a step in the right direction."
- "Another day, another road."
- "Every decision counts."
- "Good choice... for me."
- "I saw this coming."
- "I'll take you down more than once."
- "I'm here today... let's do this."
- "I'm quick, and I'll finish this."
- "I've been here before."
- "It's my turn this time."
- "I know more than you'll never know."
- "You don't get here by sitting around doing nothing."
- "Something wrong with your head if you fight me."
- "Trust just your eyes and you'll lose."
- "Wanna win? Do what I do."
- "You chose the wrong door to knock on."
- "Death... like winter... is unavoidable."
- "Let's just say a little birdie told me all about you."
- "Can't catch what you can't see."
- "Caught you."
- "Don't blame yourself."
- "Every decision counts."
- "I caught the win this time."
- "I knew this end would come, just didn't know when."
- "I knew your every move."
- "I saw this coming a mile away."
- "I'd say try better."
- "I've seen this all before."
- "I know if we fought together, things would be different."
- "In another life, this may have been different."
- "Maybe in another time or space, you killed me... but not this one."
- "It's deja vu with you fighters."
- "Knowledge is power... and pain."
- "Listen to everything... and you can win."
- "Looking for me? Here I am."
- "A match like this is much more than shooting a gun."
- "There were multiple ways this could end. I chose this one."
- "Not today."
- "Now you see me."
- "I guess I was just one step ahead of you."
- "Each win gets me one step closer to what I want."
- "Shoot this."
- "Sometimes you lose, sometimes you don't."
- "Step quieter next time."
- "This was the outcome this time... it's just the way it is."
- "The road you chose has ended here."
- "Don't worry, there was no way out of this."
- "This didn't have to happen... but it did."
- "This is where it ends."
- "Too slow."
- "We all have our reasons... don't take this personally."
- "This is what happens when you are not focused."
- "You challenged the wrong person."
- "Be honest, you knew this would end here."
- "You lost this time."
- "Your choice is pointless... none of this matters."
- "Don't worry, I would've gotten you anyway... zigged or zagged."
- Suggesting location
- “Let’s go this way.”
- “Let’s explore this way.”
- “Might be something good this way.”
- “We should go here!”
- "Target over there."
- "Enemy spotted."
- "Yes. Made it through."
- "Feels good when the plan actually works, nice job."
- "And that's how you get the job done."
- Thank You
- You're Welcome
- Pinging a Charge Tower
- "Charge Tower here if you need a power-up."
- "Got a Charge Tower over there."
- "Charge Tower here."
- "Charge Tower there."
- Treasure pack
- "Treasure pack here. Picked the right road."
- "I'm the jumpmaster. This time."
- "It's time. I'm the jumpmaster."
- Dropping as jumpmaster
- "Here we go. Ready up."
- Skydive emote
- "Here goes nothing."
- "Let's do this."
- Attacking Enemy
- "Opening fire."
- Third partied
- "Another squad's attacking. Focus."
- "Watch yourself. There's another squad attacking."
- Taking damage
- "They spotted me. I'm taking shots."
- "Getting shot at."
- "I'm getting hit over here."
- "This time I'm down."
- "This won't hurt - hold on."
- "One second. We got this."
- "Healing up. Eyes are open though.
- "Patching myself up.*
- "Need to recharge my shields."
- Being respawned
- "Now for the right choice."
- "This time will be different."
- "Shooter! Move!"
- "Danger, move!"
- "They're aiming right at you."
- "You're being aimed at."
- "You're in their sights."
- "They might have seen you."
- “They might be watching you.”
- “You’re in view of the enemy.”
- "Sniper, move!"
- "It's a sniper."
- "You're in a hot zone."
- “You’re in a kill zone.”
- “It’s not safe there.”
- "You're not safe there."
- "Others died there."
- "They've laid traps."
- Relaying warnings from Voices from the Void
- "I have a feeling we're open targets."
- "I think someone's aiming at me. Not sure."
- “There may be a shooter nearby.”
- "I think there's a trap around here."
- "I'm pretty sure we're open targets."
- "Not sure, I think someone's targeting me."
- "Pretty sure someone's got a shot on me."
- “Someone’s got a shot on me, pretty sure.”
- "Trap nearby."
- “There’s a sniper in the area. Maybe.”
- “Not sure, I think there’s a sniper in the area.”
- “There may be some enemies around, not sure.”
- Using Into the Void
- "Going to phase."
- Using Dimensional Rift
- "Placing a portal."
- "Setting a portal."
- "Punching a tunnel."
- "Follow the tunnel."
- Closing Dimensional Rift
- "Portal placed."
- "Portal's ready."
- "I set the portal."
- First Blood
- "First blood. Should have seen that coming."
- Champion eliminated
- "The champion made a poor choice."
- New Kill Leader Appointed
- "New kill leader -- watch for them."
- Kill Leader Eliminated by your Squad
- "We took out the Kill Leader. Good Choice."
- (solo) "heh, Kill leader."
- Appointed as Kill Leader
- "I'm your new Kill Leader."
- "I'm the Kill Leader. That's fine."
- Squadmate appointed as Kill Leader
- "Kill Leader, nice."
- "Good work, Kill Leader."
- Two Squads left
- "Only two Squads left."
- One Squad left
- "One more Squad."
- “Last Squad.”
- Conversation will be triggered when Wraith and Wattson are at Singh Lab
- "The ghost is real. She attacked me… down in that lab."
- "I told you - There's no such thing as-- wait. We should talk more about this later."
- "I promise you. Natalie, you didn't see it-- hold up. We should discuss this later."
- Near Ring warning
- "Ring's not too far. 45 left."
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wraith's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Phase Shift tactical ability. In that game, phasing could only be performed by simulacrums and titans, so Wraith is the first human character with this ability.
- An audio log found in-game inside the research labs reveals Wraith was a Research Science Pilot.
- This makes her the only confirmed Pilot in Apex Legends so far (though this does not translate into gameplay).
- When using the Into the Void ability, the player can see silhouettes of other Wraith players using the ability at the same time as them.
- Wraith's top three friends among the Legends, in no order other than alphabetical, are Mirage, Pathfinder, and Wattson.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
IMC report on the Wraith project.
Concept art of Wraith.
Wraith's heirloom kunai.
Concept art of Voidwalker Wraith.
References[edit | edit source]