Lore[edit | edit source]
The once uninhabitable world of Talos became a hotbed of IMC activity when a rare mineral compound was discovered beneath its surface. Heat-reducing towers were built to super-cool its natural lava flows, and the town of World’s Edge grew around them. Decades ago, an explosion in one of the towers covered the surrounding area in a lethal flash freeze. Today, World’s Edge is deserted, its borders inhabited by a small community of hunters who reportedly spurn modern technology.
After the Repulsor attack on King's Canyon and the various attempts to rebuild it proved too much trouble than they were worth, the games were moved to World's Edge.
Sorting Factory, located in this arena, was the site of the murder of James "The Forge" McCormick, an incoming legend, by a mysterious figure. Afterward, the entrance of Hammond Robotics' Planetary Harvester into the arena changed its landscape, devastating Capitol City, and opening up lava fissures.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Supply Bins|
|Bloodhound's Trials||High Tier||Formerly known as Sniper Ridge, Bloodhound's Trials are located in the North West of the map, over looking Skyhook. There are a few supply bins on top of the hill but there's also a small arena within that mountain. There you can take on prowlers in increasing difficulties which reward loot when beaten. There is one door to access it and a open hole at the top of the hill to enter.||6|
|Drill Site||Mid Tier||Drill Site is a small settlement located west of Hill Valley, south of Skyhook and Uncharted Territories, and east of Lava Fissure. The buildings in this area are laid out in a circle with a terraforming drill tower in the middle.||10|
|East Fragment||High Tier||East Fragment is the remnants of Capitol City after the devastation brought about by the arrival of the Planet Harvester. It contains the rest of the still-standing Capitol City buildings and a couple of destroyed ones. The train station for Capitol City is also in this area.||17|
|Harvester||High Tier||A huge multi-story structure on the center of the map with lots of entrance and exit points on multiple levels along with long corridors.||24|
|Hill Valley||Low Tier||Hill Valley is a crossroad for players coming from West Fragment, The Train Yard, Skyhook, and Drill Site. There is a terraforming drill located on its northern side that acts as a watchtower of sorts, giving you a great vantage point. Otherwise, the area is just hills with loot bins scattered around (most on the tunnel going to Skyhook.)||6|
|Hot Springs||Mid Tier||Hot Springs is a small area located between Mining Pass, Harvester, Mirage Voyage, and Thermal Station. It is three buildings laid out in a circular shape with a Respawn Beacon in the center.||6|
|Lava City||High Tier||Lava City features heavily burnt buildings which are similar to Capitol City/Fragments East and West. It also has a smaller version of The Dome in it as well. It is located in the South East portion of the map. It also has a destroyed train which has some loot on board but not to the degree of the moving train.||14|
|Lava Fissure||High Tier||Lava Fissure is located in the West side of the map, next to Supply Camp. It consists of platforms anchored to the rocks suspended above a lava pit, there are three buildings on the platforms and a fourth to the west next to the train line. On one of the rocks in the lava pit is the Balloon to fly away. The Respawn Beacon is in an interesting place, right in the middle of the platform in a small cylinder. There's a ring which rotates around it, trapping people inside.||23|
|Mirage Voyage||High Tier||A Supply Ship with a lot of loot and a lot of Mirage decoys. At the bar section, the disco ball is a cargo pod, you can spawn two more cargo pods by starting the party on the upper deck of the ship.||22|
|Overlook||High Tier||Overlook is located in the Far East side of the map. It has buildings similar to Survey Camp dotted on the landscape. The main part is the over hanging walkways, buildings and platforms on the very edge of the map giving Overlook it's name. Be careful when using characters with movement abilities as it's very easy to fall into the abyss.||19|
|Refinery||High Tier||Refinery is located in the North East of the map, it's above Epicenter and East to Skyhook. It has one large building in the center, two large circular buildings in the back and various small buildings in the east side. The Train also runs through and stops in Refinery in the large building. Remember to get the supply bins which raise out of the ground when the train pulls in.||25|
|Skyhook||High Tier||Based off of the Space Elevator from TitanFall, Skyhook is comprised of a large city in the North East side of the map. There are various skyscrapers around with the famous Space Elevator Tower in the center. There's also a train station for the train to stop at in Skyhook. Make sure to grab the supply bins which raise out of the ground when the train arrives from it's route.||26|
|Sorting Factory||High Tier||Sorting Factory is located near the center of the map. It's made up of a few large buildings with a few smaller ones dotted around. It also has one very large building for the train to stop in. The biggest building is one which curves around the side of the Mountain and contains a vast quantity of loot.||45|
|Survey Camp||Survey Camp is located in the West of the map, next to lava fissure and north of Train Yard. There are a few buildings and one sniper tower located here. It also contains weapon racks for easy loot at the start of a game. The Respawn Beacon is very open however and is not worth using mid-fight.||10|
|Thermal Station||High Tier||Thermal Station is a large area on the southwest of the map that is essentially divided into four zones: the central drill area, the small group of houses on its western edge, the larger village on its southern edge and the Thermal Station Train Station to its eastern edge. It is located west of The Tree and south of Hot Springs and The High Ground.||58|
|The Bridge||Low Tier||The Bridge is a Railway Bridge located between Train Depot, Lava Fissure, and Harvester. It overlooks Spring's End and the Mirage Voyage.||0|
|The Dome||High Tier||The Dome is a large shattered sphere located in the far south east of the map, just beneath lava city. It has various platforms anchored to the sides of the Dome with a few buildings on each side of the platforms. As the name suggests, lava is "noticeable" hazard here and is very likely to fall into.||30|
|The Epicenter||High Tier||The Epicenter is a large drill tower that was the source of the "Meltdown" accident that lead to the abandonment of World's Edge. Its frozen central tower can easily be seen as far as Hill Valley.||24|
|The Geyser||High Tier||The Geyser is a small facility to the east of the map with its namesake Geyser, which can be used like a Jump Tower, located in the middle. It is located south of Underpass, east of The Ridge and Sorting Factory and north of Lava City.||17|
|The Mining Pass||Low Tier||Mining Pass is a small tunnel going to and from Train Yard, Harvester, and Hot Springs. It also contains a Vault||8|
|The Rain Tunnel||Low Tier||The Rain Tunnel is a T-Shaped train tunnel located in the north of the map. Its western entrance goes to Skyhook, while its eastern and southern entrances go to Survey Camp and West Fragment respectively.||9|
|The Train||High Tier||The Train runs along the tracks around World's Edge and have a high chance of spawning high-tier loot, including at least two Epic Body Shields and a Golden Weapon.|
|The Tree||High Tier||The Tree is located in the South West of the map, near Thermal Station. The main attraction of this location is the strange looking plant in the center which has the appearance of a large leaf. There are a few geysers around for flying away as well and it's located next to the tracks for the train.||11|
|The Train Yard||High Tier||The Train Yard is located near the center of the map, south of survey camp, north east of Mirage Voyage and West of Fragments East and West. As the name suggests this area has many train carriages to duck in to and collect loot from. The Train also stops here. They also have a few carriages suspended in the air for sniping.||24|
|West Fragment||Mid Tier||West Fragment is one the remnants of Capitol City after the devastation brought about by the arrival of the Planet Harvester. It contains most of the former Capitol City including one of the large Parking lots and eight of its buildings.||14|
Former Locations[edit | edit source]
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Current Location|
|Capitol City||Mid Tier||Split into West Fragment and East Fragment.|
|Fuel Depot||Mid Tier||Destroyed by the Harvester.|
|The High Ground||Mid Tier||Destroyed by the Harvester.|
|Sniper's Ridge||High Tier||Replaced by Bloodhound's Trials.|
Map features[edit | edit source]
- Ziplines: Yellow highlighted zip lines are set between certain locations across the map. Players can use them to travel between points across large distances and are activated with the Interact Key. They come in two variants: vertical, which only carry the player up; and horizontal, bi-directional lines that can carry players far distances. Players can drop off with the Jump Key and reconnect to zip-lines at any time. Zip-lines that are part of the map is permanently connected with tall zip-line poles or are connected directly into the environment. Horizontal zip-lines can be traveled across in either direction, regardless of incline. Also, note that Pathfinder can create zip-lines with his ultimate ability, but can only establish them up to a certain distance and only horizontally. Players cannot interact with zip lines while downed. Wraith cannot use zip-line while activating her ultimate ability, as both of her arms are occupied.
- Balloons: High altitude red balloons, connected by a vertical zip-line, are scattered throughout the map. Interacting with one of these air balloons will send your legend up the zip line and automatically deploy your glide upon reaching the top, allowing you to traverse the map quickly. You can drop off of the balloon zip-line at any time by pressing the jump or crouch key, but this will not deploy your glide.
- Geysers: Geysers are similar to Balloons, in which you re-launch into the sky, but work much faster.
- Lava: Found frequently on the south side of the map, walking on lava deals about 16 damage per second (8 damage per tick).
- Doors: Metal doors typically come in single or double pairs, with large, unbreakable doors being present in certain areas. Doors can be opened and closed by pressing the interact key, or by shooting the handle with Heavy Ammo weapons. Regular doors can open by being kicked open by using a melee attack on them and broken by melee twice. Bullets do not go through doors but doors can be destroyed by explosive damage or kicking them down.
- Train: The train moves along a rail which encompasses most of the map. There are several supply bins on the train, and at the front is a control panel that can be used to stop the train at any time.
- Respawn Beacons: Respawn Beacons are scattered all across the map so that players may respawn dead teammates, as long as at least one squad member has retrieved their banner. Respawn beacons are a one-use feature but up to two team members may be respawned at once. Respawn Beacons can be used by any player, but once used, is deactivated for the rest of the match. These beacons are often surrounded by 1-3 supply bins to resupply the respawned teammate. To activate a beacon, hold the interact key while close to it, and after a few seconds teammate will be airlifted in. Unlike while looting a death box, the player cannot strafe while activating the beacon, much like reviving a downed teammate.
- Hot Zone: At the start of each match, a random location on the map is designated as a Hot Zone, indicated by a pulsing blue circle marker. Indicating that, around that area, there will be higher quality loot and a chance of finding a Golden Weapon.
- Supply Bins: Found throughout the map, supply bins are a common source of loot alongside ground loot, supply drops, and the supply ship. These supply bins carry between 1 and 4 items ranging from healing items, grenades, armor, or weapons and their respective ammo. Ordnance is found in groups of 1 while ammo and heals can be found in stacks with the double of their original amounts. In certain areas, Supply bins are on an elevator-like mechanic. These bins will be available for a certain time before going back into the ground.
- Cargo Bots: Cargo Bots fly around the map carrying orbs that cycle through Blue, Purple, and Gold colors (occasionally there will be a cargo bot that only cycles through Rare and Legendary). When shot, it will drop the orb, which contains loot appropriate to the color it was shot. Some cargo bots also give off Red lights, indicating that they will drop a Vault Key. The disco balls of the Mirage Voyage work the same way.
- Vaults: Vaults are locked rooms full of Epic and Legendary loot. They can only be accessed with a Vault Key from a Cargo-Bot, and take three seconds to unlock.
- Weapon Racks: Weapon Racks hold a single gun. However, this feature guarantees a gun where they are located as opposed to just dropping and picking up random loot.
Former Layouts[edit | edit source]
Map until Holo-Day Bash.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]