|“||After the funeral, I stood in our kitchen, and it was so... quiet. I had dreamt of quiet like that, but now that I had it, I was terrified. And alone. I sat on the floor, and I know how silly this sounds, but I hid under the table. That was where they found me. Anita. Makoa. Ajay. Even Dr. Caustic and he hates everybody. They’d just as soon stab each other in the back. Or the front. But they put that all aside. To support me. The electrician’s kid. I thought I knew what family was. But my equations were incomplete. My family is here. At the Games. And now it’s my turn to support them. With every last charge in me.|
|Real Name||Natalie Paquette|
|Height||5'6" (168 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Perimeter Security|
|Passive Ability||Spark of Genius|
|Ultimate Ability||Interception Pylon|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Justine Huxley|
A Defensive Legend with a slower playstyle, Wattson is great at defending chokepoints and small interior areas. Her Perimeter Security Fences not only slow but damages and reveals enemies who attempt to storm your location by passing through them. Her Passive, Spark of Genius, fully recharges her ultimate ability with any Ultimate Accelerant. When it is ready, her ultimate, Interception Pylon will stop all grenades, missiles, or anything else throwable from breaking into your base and will also recharge your shields within a certain radius.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Natalie Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer Luc Paquette, she studied his manuals to stay close to him and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.
She devoured every book she could on the subject, and eventually became such a skilled engineer that she was commissioned by the Syndicate to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home. She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson – anyone who underestimates her is in for a shock.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Perimeter Security[edit | edit source]
|Description||Connect nodes to create electrified fences that damage and slow enemies. (Max:12)|
- Deploying a new node at the max amount will destroy the oldest node.Up to 12 nodes can be placed.
- Nodes must be within 20 meters to be able to create a fence between them.
- It stuns and damages enemies, and pings the breached fence's location. The damage is 10 each tick and the slow lasts roughly 1-2 seconds.
- A node can be connected with up to 2 other nodes at the same time. They can also be picked up to refund a charge.
- Fences will temporarily disengage when Wattson or her squadmates pass through them.
- Each node has 25 health.
- Doors that get in the way of a fence will shatter.
- Wattson can connect her nodes to nodes placed by enemy Wattsons. The fence in between will belong to the Wattson who linked them.
- The fences can trigger Caustic's Nox Gas Trap.
- The fences cannot be damaged by The Ring.
- The fences can be damaged by an enemy Caustic's Nox Gas.
- The fences cannot be damaged by The Ring.
- The fences ignore Knockdown Shields health and will damage the health of those affected.
- The fences can't be seen through Bangalore's Smoke Launcher.
- Enemy Mirages can send decoys into the fence to determine your location.
- Gibraltar's Dome of Protection will block line of sight for nodes like any wall would.
- Crypto's Drone EMP will destroy every node in range.
- The fences are NOT traps. Like the name implies, the fences are to guard your flanks and alert you to enemies, slow them down or force them to a choke point your squad is guarding.
- Most of the time, your goal is not to get enemies to run into your fences. It's to scare them into avoiding a particular route.
- Hide the nodes behind cover and close to your Interception Pylon so enemies must approach to destroy the fences.
- You can use this ability offensively by using the fences to block any exits before attacking
- The fences don't require solid ground between nodes, so you can place them over gaps like stairways or vertical ziplines.
- Place fences around long ziplines. It's hard to shoot the nodes while ziplining, so most players will avoid taking them.
- When working with a Wraith, place fences through her Dimensional Rift to instantly electrocute enemies that chase you through it.
- Stand in the way of fences to disengage them and trick enemies into thinking it's safe to rush you down.
- Instead of making basic fences with two nodes to block doorways, get into the habit of making triangle fences with three nodes to block doorways. This way, the enemy or enemies will take twice the damage if they go through it.
- On very rare occasions, enemy Wattson fences can be invisible to certain players.
Spark of Genius[edit | edit source]
|Spark of Genius|
|Description||Instead of charging a bit of your Ultimate, Ultimate Accelerants fully charge it, and standing near interception pylons boost your Tactical Ability recharge.|
- Wattson may store up to 2 Ultimate Accelerants per inventory slot.
- Perimeter Security charges have 3-second cooldowns instead of 30 when near an Interception Pylon, made by either you or another Wattson.
- If you find an Ultimate Accelerant at the start of the match, pop it as it'll give Wattson so much more potential.
- It's best to carry at least one Ultimate Accelerant in your Inventory at all times.
- Try saving an Ultimate Accelerant for the last few rounds (especially on Rounds 5 or higher) as her abilities increase in utility as the play area shrinks.
Interception Pylon[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||180 seconds|
|Description||Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields for the next 90 seconds (Max:3).|
- The pylon will also destroy outgoing ordance if it will land in its radius.
- Deploying a new interception pylon while already having the maximum amount deployed will automatically destroy the oldest pylon.
- Recharges around 2 shields per second.
- The Pylon lasts for 90 seconds, seen as a countdown around the base or by hovering over the placed Pylon's ping.
- The Pylon has 150 health.
- The Pylon is neutral and therefore can recharge enemy shields and shoot down your squad's ordnance. The shield recharge effect doesn't stack if there are other Pylons nearby.
- The Pylon won't protect you from any ordnance or airstrike if it hasn't got clear sight or if the ordnance has already landed.
- The Pylon can be destroyed by shooting it. It can also block doors and is climbable.
- Incoming ordnance include:
- The Pylon will not shoot down throwable objects, like D.O.C. Heal Drones, or Domes of Protection.
- The Pylon can be damaged by an enemy Caustic's Nox Gas Trap.
- The Pylon cannot be damaged by The Ring.
- The Pylon will be instantly destroyed by Crypto's Drone EMP, regardless of health.
- Gibraltar's Dome of Protection will block line of sight for the Pylon like any wall or cover would.
- Hide the Pylon into a place where it cannot be shot like building corners.
- While fighting and behind cover and you're in need to heal, you can place a Pylon nearby and while using a consumable, you'll be regenerating shield health at the same time. This can also be done if you need to recover some shield health while reviving a teammate at the same time.
- Try saving a Pylon for the last few rounds (especially on Rounds 5 or higher) as her abilities increase in utility as the play area shrinks.
- Friendly Caustic Nox Gas Traps (and on rare occasions Bangalore's Smoke Launcher) can stop Pylon's shield regenerating effects from working. Once the gas starts to clear away, Pylon's regeneration effect starts working again. Do keep in mind that the Pylon will still shoot down incoming ordnance, but won't repair damaged shields, as long as the gas or smoke is still there.
Low Profile[edit | edit source]
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
- Additionally, incoming leg shots do the same damage as body shots.
- Wattson takes extra damage because she’s hard to get to, not because she’s hard to hit. Wattson players should try to be less predictable than characters without this passive perk.
- Due to having Low Profile yet having a moderately sized hitbox, you're at a disadvantage in a gunfight, especially without your nodes or Pylons.
Cosmetic items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 54 legend skins for Wattson: 13 Legendary, 7 Epic, 18 Rare and 16 Common.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "All it takes is a single spark."
- "Charged and ready."
- "Control the charge, control the arena."
- "Even gunpowder needs a spark."
- "Fence them in, fence them out."
- "Fuses set and capacitors charged."
- "High power weapons, low power? How about, no power?"
- "I keep my squadmates insulated.
- "I know these territories like the back of my hand."
- "I'm ec-static to fight!" (laughs)
- "Keep calm and don't blow a fuse."
- "Let's break some circuits."
- "Let's calm the storm."
- "Let's get to work."
- "My coil produces 1.2 million volts."
- "My squad is my family."
- "Time to cut the power."
- "They call me the eye of the storm."
- "They go where I tell them to go."
- "This is more than a battlefield to me."
- "Be careful, I don't wear all this gear for nothing."
- "I never say die; I fight until it hertz." / "I never say die; I fight until it hertz. (laughs) I like that one."
- "I'm current-ly at the top of my game! Get it?"
- "My adversaries are in for a shock."
- "Papa would be proud of me."
- "You can't be afraid of the dark when you know how to control the light."
- "Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure was leaving you coal anyway."
- "Didn't expect to see me up here, did you? They never do."
- "Electricity I get, people? I don't... That's how I got here."
- "Once a battle gets too noisy, I bring the silence."
- "It's difficult to win when I conduct the power."
- "I did it, Papa. I hope wherever you are, you're cheering for me."
- "I may not look like a fighter, but strength isn't everything."
- "My electric fences will herd you, like cattle."
- "My light shines bright."
- "Power is everything. You only think you have it."
- "Studying past combatants has served me well."
- "The best offense is a strong defense."
- "This is the only life I know."
- "To you, it's a gauntlet. To me, it's home, and I'll defend it to the end."
- "Wattage up! I'm recharged and ready to go!"
- "You may be stronger, but I'm smarter."
- "You're playing in my backyard now."
- "Your energy will return to the atmosphere. Hey, maybe that's what ghosts are!"
- "Time to hibernate for the winter."
- "Don't be afraid of the dark. Find comfort in the light."
- "Sometimes, careful planning wins out over might."
- "Consider your circuit broken. Get it?" (laughs)
- "If there's one thing I know how to do, it's to cut the power."
- "We're just on different sides of the fence. "
- "Don't blame yourself. I knew where you would be."
- "Don't blow a fuse. Get it?"
- "Don't confuse my kindness for weakness."
- "Electrons are the same, but repel each other; you and I are no different."
- "Go towards the light."
- "I didn't see you coming... but my fence did."
- "You fought well, but I grew up in these territories."
- "I guess I found your off switch."
- "I've been watching combatants my whole life. I learned a few things."
- "Some live for the chaos of battle, I prefer restoring order."
- "I won Papa!"
- "I'm the one with the stronger current."
- "I'm tougher than I look."
- "It's either you or me. Those are the rules."
- "Death is just the halt of electrical impulses to the brain."
- "Lights out."
- "Look on the bright side, you got beat by a legend."
- "Many legends fall. Time for you to join them."
- "My suit is insulated, you're not."
- "Think of this as a permanent blackout."
- "Size and strength aren't everything."
- "Somebody has to lose. That's just how this works."
- "I'm sorry. Sometimes the power goes out, and never comes back on."
- "That's the last time you charge anybody."
- "This is the end of your electrical current."
- "The legends taught me everything I know. You? Not so much."
- "Shh, it's okay. The noise will stop now."
- "There are some nodes a current cannot travel through. Sorry." / "There are some nodes a current cannot travel through. "
- "This is how it has to be. I'm sorry."
- "This never gets any easier, but it's how the games works."
- "This went exactly how I planned it to."
- "You burned bright, but you burned out."
- "You can outrun me, but you can not outrun the current."
- "This is what happens when you cross the wrong fence."
- "You didn't expect this from me-- which is why you lost."
- "You fought hard, but I've been studying this place my whole life."
- "You get too close to a live wire, and you pay the price."
- "You underestimated me."
- I'm jumpmaster
- "I'm the jumpmaster. I am honored."
- Here we go/Diving as jumpmaster
- "Let's go!"
- "Let's go. "
- Skydiving Emote
- "Can't beat the view from up here!"
- Frag Grenade
- "Tossing a grenade."
- "Throwing a grenade."
- Downing an enemy
- "I downed an adversary."
- "I took an enemy down. Pretty good for an electrical engineer. No?"
- Consecutive enemy down
- "And another one down."
- Multiple enemies down
- "More down. It pays to have grown up around here."
- "More enemies down."
- Killing an enemy
- "I killed an enemy. Not bad for an electrical engineer, no?"
- "I defeated an adversary! We are one step closer to winning."
- "I killed an Enemy. A Necessary Evil to win."
- Eliminating a squad
- "That was the last one! Bye-bye squad."
- "The whole squad's been shut down."
- "Last one down. "
- " . That was the whole squad!"
- " . That squad is all down!"
- "Guess I took out the whole squad."
- "Their whole Squad is eliminated. Not bad if I may say so myself."
- Healing/Recharging shields
- "Healing my wounds."
- "Just topping off my shields."
- "I feel... recharged!"
- "Good to be back."
- I'm down
- "I'm bleeding out!"
- Squadmate's banner recovered
- "I have their banner. We can restore their circuits."
- When deploying Perimeter Security
- "I'm fencing."
- "Placing a fence."
- "Putting down a fence."
- "Fence in position."
- "Laying fences."
- "Setting a fence."
- "Playing with fences."
- "Fence placed."
- That's a good fence!"
- That's a nice fence.
- That's a pretty fence.
- That's a happy fence!
- That's a grumpy fence.
- That's an angry fence.
- That's a funny fence!
- That's a sad fence.
- That's a silly fence!
- That's a scary fence...
- Upon finishing Perimeter Security
- The circuit is complete.
- The fence is complete.
- If the fence gets crossed, we'll know.
- Anyone passes through here, we'll know.
- Fence them in, fence them out.
- When a fence is breached
- Someone crossed a fence. Get ready.
- "A circuit was compromised! We are not alone."
- "A circuit's been broken. We've got company."
- "Someone crossed a fence! Get ready."
- "Circuit's broken! Someone else is here."
- "A fence circuit's broken out there!"
- "One of my far off fences was crossed!
- "One of my fence circuits out there was crossed!"
- "My fence circuit was broken out there!"
- "Someone crossed one of my distant fences."
- "Someone crossed one of my far off fences.
- "One of my far fences was crossed."
- Placing an Interception Pylon
- "Negating all incoming artillery. Sweet silence."
- "Combat's too noisy. Hush now."
- "Hush now. No more storms."
- "Eye of the storm."
- Player is silenced
- "My abilities don't work. I've been short-circuited."
- First Blood
- We took first blood. Our circuits work well together.
- That's the first of many lights to go out.
- First kill. On the bright side, it wasn't us.
- Appointed as Kill Leader
- "I am the Kill Leader? Papa would be proud."
- "I made kill leader on my own. I guess I learned a few things after all."
- Ten squads remaining
- "Fifty percent of the squads have been eliminated."
- "Half the squads have fallen. My odds are getting better."
- Three squads remaining
- "Just me. Alone against two enemy squads."
- Two squads remaining
- "Only one other team left."
- "It's the final squad... and me."
- "One squad remains. I must remain vigilant."
- "We should move here."
- "Let's go here. Allons-y."
- Location from dropship
- "Trust me -- we want to land over here."
- "I think we should land over here"
- "Enemy very close."
- "We are not alone. Look over here."
- "I spotted an enemy."
- Retracting ping
- "Pardon. I take that back."
- "Did not mean that!"
- Enemy being revived
- "Adversary being revived here."
- Barrier / Amped Cover (Enemy)
- "Our enemies deployed a barrier here."
- Charge Tower
- "Mmmm… feel that? I love hanging out near Charge Towers."
- Squadmate Banner
- "We can bring our teammate back, recharged!"
- Pinging friendly Nox Gas Trap
- [to Caustic] “Look, Dr. Caustic, it’s one of your gas traps.”
- [Quip] Celebration
- We kicked serious butt! I learned that from the last champion.
- . We work well together.
- [Quip] Thanking teammate
- [Quip] You're welcome
- "De rien."
- [To Rampart] "Everyone laughs, but, your jokes are mean."
- [To Rampart] "I don't understand your humor, I find it rude."
- [To Crypto] "Thank you Crypto, but this doesn't change anything."
- [Quip] Revived/Thanks for the first-aid
- "My synapses are firing again! Thank you."
- "My circuits are connecting again! Thank you."
- Full squad inside the ring
- "Feel that charge in the air? We're inside the ring. We're safe."
- "We are inside the ring. I'm positive."
- Full squad outside the ring
- "The ring is moving. Come on. I designed it to hurt anyone outside of it."
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wattson is one of two legends to have a unique animation for reviving a squadmate, the other being Gibraltar. She uses her equipment like a defibrillator.
- The subtle scar on Wattson's face is a Lichtenberg figure, a mark caused by high-voltage equipment or being struck by lightning.
- It is speculated Wattson may have a form of Autism or ADHD, based on her biography and voice lines. This theory has been given subtle nods to by some of the writers and developers of Apex. Tom Casiello has confirmed that Wattson is on the spectrum.
- Wattson is referred to as "The Eye of the Storm" both by herself and her comrades.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]