The game currently has seven ammo types, with three of them being special limited ammo. These ammo types have their own rarity and quirks.
Light Rounds[edit | edit source]
Weapons that use Light Rounds typically deal less damage than weapons of the same class that use Heavy Rounds but they also have higher rates of fire and/or less recoil, making them a good choice for close to medium range. Each inventory slot can hold a stack of up to 80 rounds.
Light Rounds weapons[edit | edit source]
There are 6 weapons that use Light Rounds.
- R-301 Carbine - Assault Rifle
- Alternator SMG - Sub-Machine Gun
- R-99 - Sub-Machine Gun
- G7 Scout - Sniper
- P2020 - Pistol
- RE-45 Auto - Pistol
Heavy Rounds[edit | edit source]
Heavy Ammo is the highest damage physical round that can be found in the game and can open doors when shot on the handle. Depending on the weapon, the heavy bullet can deal lethal damage on a head-shot, and heavy ammo weapons are generally recommended as performance all around weapons. Each inventory slot can hold a stack of up to 80 rounds.
Heavy Rounds weapons[edit | edit source]
There are 6 weapons that use Heavy Rounds.
- VK-47 Flatline - Assault Rifle
- Hemlok Burst AR - Assault Rifle
- Prowler Burst PDW - Sub-Machine Gun
- M600 Spitfire - Light Machine Gun
- Longbow DMR - Sniper
- Wingman - Pistol
Shotgun Shells[edit | edit source]
Shotgun Shells weapons[edit | edit source]
There are 3 weapons that use Shotgun Shells.
Energy Ammo[edit | edit source]
Energy ammo is an ammo type for the Triple Take, the Devotion LMG, the Charge Rifle, and the Havoc Rifle. It has very little drop. Due to it's rarity, it can be difficult to obtain enough energy ammo for the Devotion's and the Havoc Rifle's fast ammo consumption. The easiest way to get it is through death boxes. Each inventory slot can hold a stack of up to 80 ammo.
Energy Ammo weapons[edit | edit source]
There are 4 weapons that use Energy Ammo.
Special Ammo[edit | edit source]
Special Ammo is a unique type of ammo that is unique to its weapon, can only be found on its weapon, takes no inventory space and cannot be dropped. Each weapon that uses special ammo can only use its own special ammo, and not the ammo of other weapons (for example, you cannot use the special shotgun shells of the Mastiff Shotgun with the Kraber .50-cal Sniper or vice versa). When you pick up the gun you only have the ammo the gun comes with.
Special Ammo weapons[edit | edit source]
There are 3 weapons that use their own special ammo type.
- Kraber .50-cal Sniper - Special Heavy Rounds
- Mastiff Shotgun - Special Shotgun Shells
- L-STAR EMG - Experimental Ammo
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Weapons using Heavy Rounds are the only rounds able to open doors by shooting the handle.
- According to one of Bangalore's voice lines, Energy Ammo has little to no bullet drop.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Availability of energy weapons and ammo increased in all zone tiers.
- Fixed exploit where players could refill ammo in the inventory screen for the Kraber .50-cal Sniper and Mastiff Shotgun.