|“||Now there are no more lies. And soon, no more Hammond. You target one Hammond facility after another. And the skinsuits are too busy waging war to care. They blame the Militia, write the dead off as casualties of war. It's not really a lie. It's someone's war... just not theirs. When you slit the last employee's throat… now what? Whatever your heart desires, I suppose… except you don't have a heart, and all you desire is what you were programmed to do in the first place. Ain't that a bitch. Question: who gets to die next? Answer: Anybody you want. This is the Outlands, baby. There's no law. No order. And you're the boogeyman. Or, at least, you will be. Soon enough. So when somebody vanishes without a trace? That's you. When murder goes unsolved? That's you. Your revenge isn't aimed at one person. It's aimed at every person. It's aimed at any person. An endless supply of skin suits, and so much time to kill. What are you waiting for, little simulacrum? Get to work...||„|
|Height||6'8" (203 cm)|
|Ultimate Ability||Death Totem|
|Voice Actor||Darin De Paul|
Revenant is an Offensive Legend who specializes in ambushes and pushing the enemy. His Passive, Stalker gives him the ability to climb higher and crouch walk faster, perfect for silently and quickly ambushing other squads. His Tactical, Silence, allows him to render the enemy’s Tactical and Ultimate abilities unusable, causing chaos and preventing any escape. Lastly, his Ultimate, Death Totem prevents him and his squad from being knocked down, perfect for defending an area or a risky tactic by him and his squad.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Revenant used to be human. He used to be the greatest hitman the Mercenary Syndicate ever had. He used to look in the mirror and see his human face looking back. But time changes everything, and when his programming finally failed, he saw what he had become at the hands of the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics: a walking nightmare of steel and vestigial flesh. His masters resurrected him as a simulacrum, snatching him from death’s embrace again and again and programming him to forget.
He swore he would hunt down every last person who did this to him, but more than two centuries have passed, and they're all gone… or so he thought. The return of Hammond Robotics to the Outlands has renewed his thirst for vengeance, and he won’t stop until anybody connected to Hammond is dead. Of course, he doesn’t mind eviscerating a few of the Legends along the way. He used to need a reason to kill… but he’s not that man anymore.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Silence[edit | edit source]
|Description||Throw a device that deals damage and disables enemy abilities for 10 seconds.|
- The device explodes on contact and leaves a lingering cloud for 6 seconds.
- Getting hit either directly or by walking into the cloud deals 10 damage and disables tactical and ultimate abilities.
- This only prevents enemies from activating the abilities. Abilities already in use are not affected.
- You can throw this and use other items (Reloading, Healing, etc.) at the same time, as each take only one hand.
- Silencing a Wraith while she's placing her Dimensional Rift will cancel the ult. Wraith will be able to use it again once the silence runs out.
- The device can be shot down by Wattson's Interception Pylon.
- Throwing this at a Caustic's Nox Gas Traps will set the trap(s) off.
- As it doesn't disable passive abilities, watch out for enemy Gibraltars, since their Arm Shield will still be enabled.
- You can throw this device and a Grenade at the same time. Use this to ambush an enemy and gain a huge upper hand.
- You can use this as an area of denial to block a path for 6 seconds such as a doorway, stairs, etc. This can potentially buy you some time to pop a heal or revive a knockdown teammate.
- If you're going through Wraith's Dimensional Rift portal and know you're about to be pushed, throw Silence on it to catch the enemies off guard and instantly damage and disable their abilities that chase you through it.
- If you look directly up and shoot your Silence in the air, it'll come down 4 seconds later landing directly on you. Combine this technique with a Frag Grenade for a devastating surprise.
Stalker[edit | edit source]
|Description||You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.|
- Revenant's crouch-walking speed is the same as his walking speed.
- Revenant can climb walls 2 times as high as a normal Legend [about 10-11 meters]. He can also climb shorter walls 25% faster because it takes longer for his climbing speed to decelerate.
- Use this to outflank enemy squads or ambush squads in high buildings, if your team is attacking in one direction try to use this to attack from the side.
- Crouch ADS strafing is faster than normal strafing and makes your hitbox smaller.
- All legends make no noise in a crouch. Use this and your extra speed to confuse enemies and shake them off your tail.
- With many weapons, crouching can increase accuracy. Use this to have increased accuracy at the same time as strafe speed.
- While healing, use this passive to give you more mobility. It will also make you move faster than if you were standing up.
Death Totem[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||180 seconds|
|Description||Drop a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem.|
- The totem takes 1 second to create, lasts 30 seconds, and it has 100 Health.
- Both squadmates and enemies can use the totem one time each to turn themselves into a shadow for 20 seconds.
- The Death Totem's default 30-second timer is extended by whoever is the last person to become a shadow. When that person's shadow form ends, so will the totem.
- Shadows can't use healing items, and all received damage ignores their Body Shields.
- When a shadow is killed, other players see a short whispy red trail providing an approximative clue where the totem is placed and the shadow returns to the totem with 1 HP.
- The totem has a max radius of 60 meters. Leaving this radius for more than 1 second turns shadows back to normal. It is highlighted with a visible blue ring around the death totem.
- You can use enemy death totems.
- While in shadow form, you're immune to Hammerpoint Rounds Hop-Up as the increased damage to unshielded targets doesn't apply to Shadows.
- If you are reviving a teammate in shadow form and it expires, the revive will be canceled and you will need to start over. This also applies to the process of respawning a teammate with a Respawn Beacon.
- While you can't use healing items from your inventory, you can still heal from external sources like the D.O.C. Heal Drone or the Interception Pylon.
- Unlike other placeable ultimates, the totem doesn't preview where it will go before you place it.
- Recharge your shields before activating the totem on yourself.
- Make sure you have Health before using the death totem. Any damage you take in shadow form mode is based on your health bar and not your shield bar.
- If you're killed in shadow form, the first thing you should do is pop a Medkit or Phoenix Kit.
- In shadow form, you'll want to be as aggressive as you possibly can be because you got nothing to lose. Try to get as much damage in as you can in the 20 seconds you have on the timer. Thirst knockdown enemies as fast as possible since you won't be punished for it if you're killed.
- Avoid placing the totem in the open, as it can be easily destroyed.
- While in shadow form, if you use Finishers, you'll completely refill your Body Shield at the end despite the fact that you cannot heal in this form.
- Enemy Caustics can down you as soon as you return back to the totem, as their gas bypasses shields. Try to look around for any enemy Caustic before placing the totem.
- Sometimes you can enter shadow form and use the Death Totem as small cover if you're in the opening.
- Enter shadow form mode if you want to take the risk of reviving a knocked down teammate or making risky Respawn Beacon plays.
- Place the totem on high ground places or platforms, so you can prepare to drop down and go crazy without worrying about any enemies getting to your totem's location.
- It is possible for players to get stuck in the geometry of the environment when they return to the totem.
- If the Death Totem is on the moving Train in World's Edge and you are killed, it is possible that you'll respawn anywhere on the map that is miles away and not where the Death Totem is originally located at on the moving Train.
Low Profile[edit | edit source]
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 43 legend skins for Revenant; 4 Legendary, 5 Epic, 18 Rare and 16 Common.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "I'm the nightmare."
- "Team looks good. You'll do nicely as shields."
- "All these skinbags, ready to die."
- "I hope they run. I like when they run."
- "This is what I was built for."
- "Time to add names to my list."
- "The only thing that matters is body count."
- "Their final moments give me life."
- "Wait until they meet me."
- "They still think this is a game? It's not."
- "Fear is my currency."
- "They only think they know what fear is."
- "I don't do this for fame or glory, I do it for fun."
- "They made me a killing machine."
- "They made me a killing machine. Who am I to argue with programming?"
- "This gives me purpose."
- "This is my purpose."
- "Time to have some fun."
- "They always get real quiet. Like they can hear me."
- "I used to wear a skinsuit too."
- "Being human is overrated."
- "One slice, stem to stern, it all spills out."
- "You all think you'll make it out of this one alive... (laughs)"
- "Have you said your goodbyes?"
- "I look forward to meeting you all.. real close and personal."
- "Look at all the skin suits.. they don't stand a chance."
- "You've all been marked for death."
- "Don't bother trying to find me. I'll find you."
- "Ever get the feeling you're not alone in the room? You're not."
- "Get a good look. It's the last time you'll see me."
- "I don't need souvenirs. Every scream is encoded, stored forever."
- "I plan on getting under your skin."
- "You already know: I'm gonna kill you today."
- "I'm not gonna make it quick. That would spoil all the fun."
- "Last group of legends I slaughtered looked hopeful too."
- "Like cattle being herded into the slaughterhouse."
- "You're all like lambs to a slaughter. And I'm the butcher."
- "Look at all the new additions to my list."
- "First is looting, but then comes my favorite part: the screaming."
- "[sniffs] That's the sweet aroma of fear."
- "There's still time to run."
- "Now you will understand why you fear the dark."
- "Your championships are as meaningless as you are."
- "Are your friends nearby? I can't wait to make their acquaintance."
- "Any last words? I must know."
- "Beg for your life. It's good for both of us."
- "Do you know how many millions of times I've done this?"
- "Face death with dignity. Or don't.."
- "Hope your teammates bring you back so I can find you again."
- "Hoping to meet your maker? They don't exist."
- "I find no pleasure in taking a life that doesn't appreciate it."
- "If I can be honest, I just like the killing."
- "I just like watching skin suits suffer."
- "I wish there was more time to spend with you."
- "I've seen the other side. There's nothing. You're nothing."
- "Go on. It's okay to be afraid."
- "You're just another mark on my list."
- "Just another worthless skin bag."
- "Let me watch your face while you go."
- "Your life won't flash before your eyes. It just ends."
- "Look into my eyes. I wanna remember this."
- "Maybe I'll let you live to tell the tale. Maybe not."
- "No one is coming to save you. No one ever was."
- "You were nothing more than a name on a list, waiting to be crossed off."
- "Now this... this is worth living for."
- "Scream! Make sure everyone can hear you."
- "Shhh. It's just a bad dream. It'll be over soon."
- "You're going to spend eternity as maggot food."
- "That little voice saying there's still hope? It's lying."
- "This is the last face you'll ever see."
- "The sheer terror that comes with dying. I remember it well."
- "They say there's honor in death. [scoffs]"
- "They've already forgotten you."
- "This part never gets old."
- "What made you think you were special?"
- "Tell me. What'll you miss the most?"
- "What's your name? I have to know."
- "When it all goes dark, you don't wake up anywhere else."
- "You can beg for mercy. It won't help, but go on."
- "You should've stayed home today."
- "You should thank me. You can rest now. (I never will.)"
- "You were marked for death, you just didn't know it."
- "You're already dead."
- "Your death will be in vain. And I'll like that."
- "Now is when I wear your face as a mask."
- In dropship
- "Drop there."
- "Drop there if you know what's good for you."
- "Drop there, I'm itching to draw first blood."
- Pinging a location
- "Going here. Follow me and I’ll gut you like a fish."
- "Go here if you know whats good for ya."
- "I smell fear. Going to check it out."
- "Go here, now."
- "This way."
- "Go here. I'm itching to draw first blood."
- Thanking Teammate
- "I hope you weren’t expecting a thank you."
- "I'm not thanking you."
- "I didn't do it for you."
- Calling Dibs
- "I need it."
- "I want it."
- "It's mine, don't touch it!"
- On My Way
- "On my way, dammit!"
- "On my way!"
- "Ugh, be right there!"
- "Oh, you're down? Begging is good for the soul."
- "You skinsuits and your whining. Enough already."
- Ping Banner
- "Get that banner"
- Silencing a target
- "Shut up."
- "Shut it."
- "Just shut it!"
- "Shut 'em up good."
- "Shut you up real good!"
- "Shut it down."
- "Gonna shut you up."
- "Shut it, skinsuit!"
- "Shut up, and die!"
- Summoning a Death Totem
- "Join me in the shadows."
- "Enter my shadow."
- "Welcome to the shadows."
- "Don't be afraid of the shadows."
- "Casting a shadow."
- "I was born in the shadows."
- "I'm home in the shadows."
- "Listen to the shadows."
- "Let's enter the shadows."
- "I bring you the shadows."
- "Find yourself in the shadows."
- Pinging a Death totem
- "Totem here, it won’t corrupt you... much [Laugh]"
- "Death Totem here"
- Upon Entrance
- "In my games, you will fear the shadows."
- Announcing Champion
- "Here's your champion. Give this one a challenge, or die trying."
- "Meet your champion. Lots of kills by this one, heheh, I like that."
- "This is your champion. Do us all a favor, kill them."
- "This is your champion. Kill them."
- "Yeah, this is a champion. The rest of you are prime for the pickin'."
- Round Countdown
- "Round one. Beginning ring countdown to death."
- "Round two. Let the ring countdown begin."
- "Round three. The ring countdown has begun."
- "Round four. Tick-tock. Starting the ring countdown."
- "Round five. The ring is coming for you."
- "Round six. Death is coming, let the countdown begin."
- "Round seven. Ring countdown: begin."
- "Round eight. Slowly, we all burn. Ring's counting down."
- "Round nine. The ring is waiting for you."
- "Final round. It'll all be over soon."
- "Death is never the end. Not in my world."
- "Survival's not just for the living."
- First Blood
- "First blood has been taken. How wonderful."
- "First blood. I can taste it."
- "First blood. No where to run, no where to hide."
- "I welcome the first blood. Let them hunt."
- Champion Eliminated
- "And like that, the champion falls."
- "Aw. The champ is dead. Just like the rest of you skin suits."
- "The champion died. Food for the maggots."
- "The champion has been eliminated."
- Top Five Streak Champion Eliminated
- "And the Apex Predator is dead. Not so 'Apex,' now are they?"
- "Champ's dead before making top five. Bet you're broken up about that."
- "Champ's lost their top five streak. And their will to live."
- "Everyone wave bye-bye to the streak champion."
- "His streak champion is now a streak corpse."
- "If you pass by the streak champ's corpse, shoot it again for good luck."
- "The Apex Predator's streak is over."
- "The champion, and their streak, are both dead."
- "The champ is out. Enjoy playing with the bottom feeders, skin suit."
- "The streak champion's no longer top five. Also no longer breathing."
- "The streak champion's out of the game. And out of top five."
- "The top five champion's death box is now up for grabs. Loot away."
- "The top five champion's streak has ended."
- "The top five will be missing someone next match. Their champ."
- "Top five champ is dead. Don't 'get your stall as you plummet to the bottom, champ."
- New Kill Leader
- "A kill leader has been chosen. A true legend."
- "Heh, I have appointed a new kill leader. I like that."
- "Listen up. There's a new kill leader now. Good luck."
- "Pleased to welcome our new kill leader. We have a lone winner, for now."
- Kill Leader Eliminated
- "The kill leader is dead. Heh, that's ironic."
- "The kill leader is finished. Quite the mistake."
- Care Package
- "Care package being delivered."
- "Care package. Want it? Fight for it."
- "Delivering a care package. A gift before you perish."
- "Delivering a care package. Could be something good, take a risk."
- "Delivering a scare package. Fear, heheh, I love it."
- "Scare package coming for ya."
- Supply Ship
- "I'm sending the supply ship to all of you. Let's see who wants it most."
- "Supply ship incoming. Fight to death over its cargo."
- "Supply ship incoming. I expect to see death boxes piling up on it soon."
- "Supply ship, on its way. Its cargo is to die for."
- Ring Moving
- "Ring's closing."
- "Ring's coming for ya. One word. Run."
- "The ring is closing it. Can't you feel it?"
- "The ring is moving. I like it when you all flee."
- "Oh, don't melt your pretty little skin suit. The ring's coming."
- Final Ring
- "Final ring closing. Enjoy these final moments.
- "Final ring. Don't worry, it's almost over."
- "It's nearing the end. Final ring is closing."
- "The final ring. Get comfortable, for death."
- "The final ring is closing. Some of you will die."
- "The last ring is closing. Hope you're not... claustrophobic."
- Ten Shadows join the Squad
- "Another swarm of shadows rise. This is when it gets good."
- "More shadows join my ranks."
- "More turn to the shadows. I welcome them."
- "The Shadow Squad grows. They thrive off your fear."
- "The shadows rise again. I love this part."
- "You can't keep the dead asleep. Better start running."
- Final ten Legends remaining (Evac Ship on route)
- "Look at that, I've changed the game again."
- "Once again, skin suits, I have changed the game."
- "Y'know what this match needs? A game changer."
- Evac Ship Arriving
- "Don't worry. It's almost over."
- "Enjoy these final moments. Some of you will die."
- "I like it when you all flee."
- "It'll all be over soon."
- "It's nearing the end."
- Dying as a final Legend
- "You're a disappointment."
- "You're a disappointment. The shadows are done with you."
- "You're done. Now watch the masters."
- Legends Win
- "Enjoy this victory, winners, everything ends."
- "Got our winner. Another ribbon for the skin bags."
- "Heh, a skin bag won. I may have to do this myself."
- "Our winner lives to die another day."
- "So, a legend won. Ha, they'll join me soon enough."
- "The winner has survived. Huh, pity."
- "The winner is decided, but death will find them soon."
- "We found a winner. Good."
- "We have a winner. Fear them greater than death."
- "We have our winner. Maybe next time you'll die."
- Legends Win Congratulations
- "Meet our champion squad. Targets on their back, every last one."
- "You are the Apex champions. Don't get too comfortable."
- "You are the champions. For now."
- "You're our Apex champions. They'll be gunning for you now."
- Solo Win Congratulations
- "Congratulations, you're the Apex champion."
- "We've got our Apex champion."
- "We have our Apex champion. They got lucky. This time."
- "You're my Apex champion."
- "You're my Apex champion. Kill for my entertainment."
- Joining/Respawning as a Shadow
- "Aww, no time for rest. The Shadow Squad could use another."
- "Dying after death. Welcome to my life."
- "Ha, come back for more? Good."
- "Heh, revenge is calling."
- "I'm giving you another chance, now go."
- "Now you're mine. Don't screw it up."
- "Oh you're far from done. Join the shadows."
- "Revenge is calling!"
- "The shadows are your home now."
- "Welcome back."
- "You can do better, skin suit."
- Taking Revenge as a Shadow
- "Boo. (Laughter)"
- "Mmm. Revenge."
- Shadows Win
- "In the darkness, the shadows rule all."
- "The Shadow Squad always leaves a bloody mess."
- "The Shadow Squad wins."
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Revenant was teased throughout Season 3 before his reveal in Season 4.
- His first appearance was as the announcer in the Shadowfall game mode. He also appeared in its promotional material, such as in the trailer as a silhouette in front of the moon.
- When Season 4 was officially announced, the developers announced that Forge would be the next legend added and was given lots of promotional material, only to be murdered by Revenant in the short 'Up Close and Personal'. This was later revealed to be a misdirect not just for average players, but also for data miners, which included many pieces of fake Forge data planted in the game's files. 
- Revenant was conceptualized as a 'synthetic shinobi' character. Many different abilities were tested for him, including a 'Mark for Death' ability which permanently put a marker above a target's head so they could be tracked by Revenant's squad.
- Earlier datamining reveals other abilities tested include a poison bomb, a decoy you could teleport to, an ability that briefly makes you faster and silent, and an ultimate that creates a doorway in a wall. Datamining also reveals his name was at one point 'Blackout'.
- In a rare animation, Revenant will do a series of hand signs while summoning the Death Totem. The five signs are hand signs from the manga series Naruto, specifically that of Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands, the hand signs for "Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation".
- Revenant has another animation causing him to pull out his skull and pressing in the eyes to summon Death Totem.
- His Shadow of the Sun and Bird of Prey skin are based on Egyptian god Ra, who was the god of the sun and is depicted with a similar bird head.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Email to Hammond employees on Revenant's break-ins.
A corrupted file found at several crime scenes.
The discussion that got Revenant into the Apex Games.
Concept art of Revenant.
Concept art of the silencer device.
Concept art of Revenant and the Unholy Beast skin.
Concept art of human Revenant.
References[edit | edit source]