|“||Now there are no more lies. And soon, no more Hammond. You target one Hammond facility after another. And the skinsuits are too busy waging war to care. They blame the Militia, write the dead off as casualties of war. It's not really a lie. It's someone's war... just not theirs. When you slit the last employee's throat… now what? Whatever your heart desires, I suppose… except you don't have a heart, and all you desire is what you were programmed to do in the first place. Ain't that a bitch. Question: who gets to die next? Answer: Anybody you want. This is the Outlands, baby. There's no law. No order. And you're the boogeyman. Or, at least, you will be. Soon enough. So when somebody vanishes without a trace? That's you. When murder goes unsolved? That's you. Your revenge isn't aimed at one person. It's aimed at every person. It's aimed at any person. An endless supply of skin suits, and so much time to kill. What are you waiting for, little simulacrum? Get to work...|
|Age||Unknown (as a human)|
313 (as a simulacrum)
|Height||6'8" (203 cm)|
|Ultimate Ability||Death Totem|
|Voice Actor||Darin De Paul|
Revenant is an Offensive Legend who specializes in ambushes and pushing the enemy. His Passive, Stalker gives him the ability to climb higher and crouch walk faster, perfect for silently and quickly ambushing other squads. His Tactical, Silence, allows him to render the enemy’s Tactical and Ultimate abilities unusable, causing chaos and preventing any escape. Lastly, his Ultimate, Death Totem prevents him and his squad from being knocked down, perfect for defending an area or a risky tactic by him and his squad.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Revenant used to be human. He used to be the greatest hitman the Mercenary Syndicate ever had. He used to look in the mirror and see his human face looking back. Then one day, he finally saw what he had become at the hands of the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics: a walking nightmare of steel and vestigial flesh.
The simulacrum Revenant first booted up in 2420, though it took another twenty years for the robotic shell to function properly, after which he was delivered to the Syndicate for their use. For three centuries Revenant has been an agent of death for the Syndicate, type the name of the target and a day later they're dead and when Revenant himself dies, his masters resurrected him again and again, snatching him from death’s embrace and programming him to forget.
But one day, after killing Marcos and Alanza Andrade, he looked at a mirror and finally saw himself for what he had become. He swore that he would hunt down every last person who did this to him, but more than two centuries have passed, and they're all gone… or so he thought.
The return of Hammond Robotics to the Outlands has renewed his thirst for vengeance, he snuck on their facilities, trying find out more about himself. When an interview with Forge, a Legend sponsored by Hammond, was conducted in World's Edge he went there and killed him. He wasn't the first nor would he be the last, for he won’t stop until anybody connected to Hammond is dead. Of course, he doesn’t mind eviscerating a few of the Legends along the way. He used to need a reason to kill… but he’s not that man anymore.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Silence[edit | edit source]
|Description||Throw a device that deals damage and disables enemy abilities for 20 seconds.|
- The device explodes on contact and leaves a lingering cloud for 10 seconds.
- Getting hit either directly or by walking into the cloud deals 10 damage and disables tactical and ultimate abilities.
- Has 2 charges.
- You can throw this and use other items (Reloading, Healing, etc.) at the same time, as each take only one hand.
- When it explodes against a door, the cloud moves with the face of the door when people open it.
- Silencing a Wraith while she's placing her Dimensional Rift will cancel the ult. Wraith will be able to use it again once the silence runs out.
- The device can be shot down by Wattson's Interception Pylon.
- Throwing this at a Caustic's Nox Gas Traps will set the trap(s) off.
- You can throw this device and a Frag Grenade at the same time. Use this to ambush an enemy and gain a huge upper hand.
- You can use this as an area of denial to block a path for 10 seconds such as a doorway, stairs, etc. This can potentially buy you some time to pop a heal or revive a knockdown teammate.
- If you're going through Wraith's Dimensional Rift portal and know you're about to be pushed, throw Silence on it to catch the enemies off guard and instantly damage and disable their abilities that chase you through it.
- If you look directly up and shoot your Silence in the air, it'll come down 4 seconds later landing directly on you. Combine this technique with a Frag Grenade for a devastating surprise.
Stalker[edit | edit source]
|Description||You crouch walk faster and can climb walls higher.|
- Revenant's crouch-walking speed is the same as his walking speed.
- Revenant can climb walls 2 times as high as a normal Legend [about 10-11 meters]. He can also climb shorter walls 25% faster because it takes longer for his climbing speed to decelerate.
- Use this to outflank enemy squads or ambush squads in high buildings, if your team is attacking in one direction try to use this to attack from the side.
- Crouch ADS strafing is faster than normal strafing and makes your hitbox smaller.
- All legends make no noise in a crouch. Use this and your extra speed to confuse enemies and shake them off your tail.
- With many weapons, crouching can increase accuracy. Use this to have increased accuracy at the same time as strafe speed.
- While healing, use this passive to give you more mobility. It will also make you move faster than if you were standing up.
Death Totem[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||180 seconds|
|Description||Drop a totem that protects users from death. Instead of getting killed or downed, you will return to the totem.|
- The totem takes 1 second to create, lasts 30 seconds, and it has 100 Health.
- Both squadmates and enemies can use the totem one time each to turn themselves into a shadow for 30 seconds.
- The Death Totem's default 30-second timer is extended by whoever is the last person to become a shadow. When that person's shadow form ends, so will the totem.
- Shadows can't use healing items, and all received damage ignores their Body Shields.
- When a shadow is killed, other players see a short whispy red trail providing an approximative clue where the totem is placed and the shadow returns to the totem with 50 HP (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower).
- You can use enemy death totems.
- While in shadow form, you're immune to the following:
- Players cannot use Wraith’s Dimensional Rift for two seconds after returning to the totem.
- Unlike other placeable ultimates, the totem doesn't preview where it will go before you place it.
- Recharge your shields before activating the totem on yourself.
- Make sure you have Health before using the death totem. Any damage you take in shadow form mode is based on your health bar and not your shield bar.
- If you're killed in shadow form, the first thing you should do is pop a Med Kit or Phoenix Kit if you forgot to heal beforehand.
- In shadow form, you'll want to be as aggressive as you possibly can be because you got nothing to lose. Try to get as much damage in as you can in the 30 seconds you have on the timer. Thirst knockdown enemies as fast as possible since you won't be punished for it if you're killed.
- Avoid placing the totem in the open, as it can be easily destroyed.
- While in shadow form, if you use Finishers, you'll completely refill your Body Shield at the end even though you cannot heal in this form.
- Be aware of enemy Caustics as their Nox Gas Trap bypasses shields if you're caught returning to the totem. Try to look around for any enemy Caustic before placing the totem.
- Sometimes you can enter shadow form and use the Death Totem as small cover if you're in the open.
- Enter shadow form mode if you want to take the risk of reviving a knocked down teammate or making risky Respawn Beacon plays.
- Place the totem on high ground places or platforms, so you can prepare to drop down and go crazy without worrying about any enemies getting to your totem's location.
- When you are low on time with the Death Totem and you need to go back for health or for team support, try standing still and letting the enemies kill you, sending you back to the Death Totem.
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 51 Legend skins for Revenant; 9 Legendary, 6 Epic, 21 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Holiday Spirit Bundle.
From the Deep
- Included in the Winged Beauty Bundle.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Holo-Sprays[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "I'm the nightmare."
- "Team looks good. You'll do nicely as shields."
- "All these skinbags ready to die."
- "I hope they run. I like when they run."
- "This is what I was built for."
- "Time to add names to my list."
- "The only thing that matters is body count."
- "Their final moments give me life."
- "Wait until they meet me."
- "They still think this is a game. It's not."
- "Fear is my currency."
- "They only think they know what fear is."
- "I don't do this for fame or glory, I do it for fun."
- "They made me a killing machine."
- "They made me a killing machine. Who am I to argue with programming?"
- "This gives me purpose."
- "Time to have some fun."
- "They always get real quiet. Like they can hear me."
- "I used to wear a skinsuit too."
- "Being human is overrated."
- "One slice, stem to stern, it all spills out."
- "You all think you'll make it out of this one alive... (laughs)"
- "Have you said your goodbyes?"
- "I look forward to meeting you all... real close and personal."
- "Look at all the skin suits... they don't stand a chance."
- "You've all been marked for death."
- "Don't bother trying to find me. I'll find you."
- "Ever get the feeling you're not alone in the room? You're not."
- "Get a good look. It's the last time you'll see me."
- "I don't need souvenirs. Every scream is encoded, stored forever."
- "I plan on getting under your skin."
- "You already know: I'm gonna kill you today."
- "I'm not gonna make it quick. That would spoil all the fun."
- "Last group of legends I slaughtered looked hopeful too."
- "Like cattle being herded into the slaughterhouse."
- "You're all like lambs to a slaughter. And I'm the butcher."
- "Look at all the new additions to my list."
- "First is looting, but then comes my favorite part: the screaming."
- "[sniffs] That's the sweet aroma of fear."
- "There's still time to run."
- "Now you will understand why you fear the dark."
- "Your championships are as meaningless as you are."
- "Are your friends nearby? I can't wait to make their acquaintance."
- "I want your heart. I can slice it up for a snack. Mmmm..."
- "I might bury you here. No one will ever know, you will just be... gone."
- "Any last words? I must know."
- "Beg for your life. It's good for both of us."
- "Do you know how many millions of times I've done this?"
- "Face death with dignity. Or don't."
- "Hope your teammates bring you back-- so I can find you again."
- " Hoping to meet your maker? They don't exist."
- "I find no pleasure in taking a life that doesn't appreciate it."
- "If I can be honest, I just like the killing."
- "I just like watching skin suits suffer."
- "I wish there was more time to spend with you."
- "I've seen the other side. There's nothing. You're nothing."
- "Go on. It's okay to be afraid."
- "You're just another mark on my list."
- "Just another worthless skin bag."
- "Let me watch your face while you go."
- "Your life won't flash before your eyes. It just ends."
- "Look into my eyes. I wanna remember this."
- "Maybe I'll let you live to tell the tale. Maybe not."
- "No one is coming to save you. No one ever was."
- "You were nothing more than a name on a list, waiting to be crossed off."
- "Now this... this is worth living for."
- "Scream. Make sure everyone can hear you."
- "Shhh. It's just a bad dream. It'll be over soon."
- "You're going to spend eternity as maggot food."
- "That little voice saying there's still hope? It's lying."
- "This is the last face you'll ever see."
- "The sheer terror that comes with dying. I remember it well."
- "They say there's honor in death. [scoffs]"
- "They've already forgotten you."
- "This part never gets old."
- "What made you think you were special?"
- "Tell me. What'll you miss the most?"
- "What's your name? I have to know."
- "When it all goes dark, you don't wake up anywhere else."
- "You can beg for mercy. It won't help, but go on."
- "You should've stayed home today."
- "You should thank me. You can rest now. (I never will.)"
- "You were marked for death, you just didn't know it."
- "You're already dead."
- "Your death will be in vain. And I'll like that."
- "Now is when I wear your face as a mask."
- "Ever get that feeling you're not alone in a room? You're not."
- I'm Jumpmaster
- "I'm Jumpmaster. Follow me or stay out of my way."
- "I'm Jumpmaster. I can already smell the blood."
- Here we go / Diving as Jumpmaster
- "Time to kill."
- "Stay out of my way."
- Skydive Emote
- "You're all dead!"
- "Everyone dies!"
- Opening fire on the enemy
- "Firing on 'em."
- Downed an enemy
- "Downed one."
- "That's one downed."
- Another enemy down
- "Downed another. Watch 'em beg."
- "Downed one more."
- Killed an enemy
- "Killed a skinsuit."
- Whole Squad Down
- "Last one's finished. They're all dead now."
- "That was the last one… until the next one."
- "Whole Squad's taking a dirt nap."
- "Sliced through a whole Squad."
- Another Squad is attacking
- "Another squad's attacking. Damn skin suits."
- Squad split up
- "We're spread out. I work better alone anyway."
- "We're spread out. Join me. I can use the bait."
- [with Loba] "If I flirt with you, will that make you move faster?"
- I got you / Reviving Squadmate
- "You're better off dead -- but I could use the cover."
- "Get up before I kill you myself."
- [to Loba] "Saved by the monster who killed your parents. Isn't this delicious?"
- [to Loba] "Isn't this interesting? Too bad your parents aren't alive to see this."
- [to Loba] "Isn't this interesting? What if your parents could see this now?"
- [to Loba] "Thinking you can avoid me by getting yourself killed? Not a chance."
- [to Loba] "I lose you - I lose where Hammond stashed my brain."
- [to Loba] "No. You don't get to die before I do."
- Taking damage
- "Gettin' hit."
- "Getting shot! Someone's got a death wish.
- "Taking fire."
- "I'm down. Pick me up."
- "I'm down. Someone's gonna pay for that."
- Healing Up / Recharging Shields
- "Be my shield, skinbags. I'm healing."
- "Using a medkit."
- "Shields are low. Recharging them."
- "Recharging shields."
- Throwing ordnance
- "Throwing Frag."
- "Thermite out."
- Just the two of us left
- "And then there were two."
- [with Loba] "Just you and me, girly. We can skip the match. Track down my brain?"
- [with Loba] "Just us, girly. Let's end this thing."
- Successful self-revive
- (anguished scream)
- "Revived myself… Because that's never happened before."
- "If you're wondering about an afterlife - There is none."
- "Why. Can't. I just DIE already…"
- Flyer killed
- "Dead bird."
- "Another dead bird."
- Cargo bot shot down
- "Cargo bot shot up."
- "Took out a cargo bot."
- Dropping Holo-Spray
- "I’m leaving the others a souvenir."
- "Death is my gift."
- Suggesting a landing zone
- "Drop there."
- "Land there if you know what's good for you."
- "Land there, I'm itching to draw first blood."
- Going to a location
- "Going there. Follow me and I’ll gut you like a fish."
- "I smell fear. Going to check it out."
- "I'm going here."
- "I'll be over here. You stay where you are."
- "I'm looking for a fresh kill here."
- "I'm going there. Stay out of my way."
- "I'm going to check out over there."
- "I'm going that way. Don't follow me."
- Pinging a location
- "Go here, now."
- "This way."
- "Need more kills. What's over here?"
- "Let's hunt over here."
- "Get over here."
- "Go here."
- Retracting Ping
- "Cancel that."
- "Forget it."
- "I change my mind."
- "Never mind that."
- "I heard you."
- "You might be of use to me yet."
- (exasperated grunt)
- "I don't think so."
- "I'm not interested."
- "Definitely no."
- I Can't
- "Not happening."
- Location Compromised / Someone's been here
- "There were definitely others here. Hope we catch up to them."
- Looting here
- "Could grab some good stuff here."
- "Gonna loot over there. See if I can find something that cuts deeper."
- "I'll be over there looting. And hopefully killing."
- "Looting there. Don't take what's mine."
- I'll join you
- "Heading the same way."
- "I'm right behind you."
- Attacking here
- "Blood will spit right here."
- "I'm going to kill something over there."
- "I'll slice those skinbags into ribbons."
- "I will end them all, right here."
- Watching this direction
- "I got a feeling about that spot. Keeping a close watch on it."
- Enemy Spotted
- "Skinsuit over here."
- "Got a skinbag out there."
- "Saw my next hit, right here."
- "Saw someone over here."
- "Spotting a target for death."
- "Skinsuits are here."
- "Skinbag, right over here."
- "Someone's here."
- "Enemy here."
- "Enemy over there."
- "Next victim, right here."
- Need Help
- "Get me back in the fight."
- "Somebody get me back up."
- "Get over here and get me up."
- On My Way
- "On my way, dammit!"
- "On my way!"
- "Ugh, be right there!"
- "Oh, you're down? Begging is good for the soul."
- "You skinsuits and your whining. Enough already."
- Calling Dibs
- "I want that, give it to me."
- "It's mine, don't touch it."
- "Give it to me!"
- Enemy being revived
- "Are you sleeping. They're reviving their teammate."
- Looking for Optic for a Sniper Rifle
- "I want sniper optics."
- "Health drone here. Heal up. It'll be more fun for me later."
- Pinging Surveillance Drone
- "We've got a drone here."
- Pinging a Death Totem
- "Totem here, it won’t corrupt you... much. (Laugh)"
- "Death Totem here."
- Pinging a Black Market Boutique
- "Black Market here. Take what you want."
- [with Loba] "Black Market there. I get a friend and family discount, right, Loba?"
- [with Loba] "Black Market here. For me, Loba? You shouldn't have..."
- [with Loba] "Black Market here. Pick up guns, ammo, a set of coordinates next to the warehouse, maybe?"
- Pinging Enemy Black Market Boutique
- "Look. Another Squad's Black Market."
- Pinging Nox Gas Trap
- "Friendly trap. One of ours."
- Pinging Enemy Nox Gas Trap
- "Look out. Trap here."
- Pinging Perimeter Security
- "Got a fence here."
- Pinging Enemy Perimeter Security
- "There's an enemy fence here."
- Pinging a Interception Pylon
- "Interceptor here. I'll kill with my bare hands if I have to."
- Pinging Amped Cover
- "Take note. A barrier deployed out here."
- Pinging Enemy Amped Cover
- "Enemy barrier deployed here."
- Pinging Emplaced Minigun "Sheila"
- "We've got a turret here."
- Pinging Enemy Emplaced Minigun "Sheila"
- "Enemy set up a turret here."
- Pinging a Gravity Lift
- "There's a Gravity Lift here."
- Pinging a Black Hole
- "There's a Black Hole here."
- Pinging Enemy Black Hole
- "There's an enemy Black Hole here."
- "Dug up a Sentinel here."
- "Found a Hop-up here. Skullpiercer. I like the sound of that."
- "Found a Hop-up here. Skullpiercer. My favorite."
- "Get that banner."
- "Get their banner. Don't need a squad, but they prove useful."
- "We need their banner."
- "Open Loot Bunker here. Think we'll find skinbags down there?"
- Charge Tower
- "Charge Tower there. Who wouldn't want to spend more time as a shadow?"
- Dropped Cargo
- "Dropped cargo over there. It's MINE!"
- "Dropship overhead. Another dead man walking."
- "We should change locations. Take that jump tower."
- "Lava over there. Go swim in it."
- "Lava there. Why don't you dive in and see if it burns?"
- [Quip] Thanking Teammate
- "I'm not thanking you."
- "Don't go thinking I owe you anything."
- [to Loba] "Thank you, Loba."
- [to Loba] "Thanks. Real fast -- where's my source code?"
- [to Loba] "Thanks. While I have you - What's the holdup?"
- [to Rampart] "Mine now. Hey wrench girl, we should talk about modifications."
- [Quip] You're welcome
- "I didn't do it for you."
- [to Bangalore] "Hey. You tell your friend to get her act together… before I tear it apart."
- [to Bangalore] "Next time you two have girls night - Find out where my source code is."
- [to Caustic] "You stay out of hers or I'll teach you what pain really feels like."
- [to Caustic] "You touch one hair on Loba's head and I'll show you what your intestines look like."
- [to Loba] "Didn't your parents teach you any manners?"
- [to Loba] "Know what else you're not doing. Taking me to the source code so we can end this."
- [Quip] Revived / Thanks for first-aid
- "You brought me back. You will be spared."
- [to Loba] "You saved me. (heh) Careful girly, people will talk."
- [to Loba] "You saved me. (heh) Careful, people will talk."
- [to Loba] "Does this mean we're friends now?"
- [to Loba] "Great… Thanks. When will you actually to kill me?"
- [to Loba] "I'm tired of you saving my life."
- [to Loba] "Whatever."
- [Quip] Nice / Celebration
- "(laugh) Take the wins when you can. Never know when you'll get stabbed in the back."
- "(snarl) That felt good."
- "Nice job. But you're still fodder."
- Silencing a target
- "Shut up."
- "Shut it."
- "Just shut it!"
- "Shut 'em up good."
- "Shut you up real good!"
- "Shut it down."
- "Gonna shut you up."
- "Shut it, skinsuit!"
- "Shut up and die."
- Summoning a Death Totem
- "Join me in the shadows."
- "Enter my shadow."
- "Welcome to the shadows."
- "Don't be afraid of the shadows."
- "Casting a shadow."
- "I was born in the shadows."
- "I'm home in the shadows."
- "Listen to the shadows."
- "Let's enter the shadows."
- "I bring you the shadows."
- "Find yourself in the shadows."
- Recalled back to Death Totem
- "I'm back at the totem. Don't die now… ha."
- "I'm back at the totem. You're on your own."
- "The totem has summoned me back. Don't die now… hah."
- Death Totem destroyed
- "My Totem! It's been destroyed!"
- “My totem’s been destroyed! Whoever did that will pay.”
- “My abilities are silenced.”
- “My abilities aren’t working.”
- Upon Entrance
- "In my games, you will fear the shadows."
- "You trespass, steal our treasure, but now, we strike back!"
- Announcing Champion
- "Here's your champion. Give this one a challenge, or die trying."
- "Meet your champion. Lots of kills by this one, heheh, I like that."
- "This is your champion. Do us all a favor, kill them."
- "This is your champion. Kill them."
- "Yeah, this is a champion. The rest of you are prime for the pickin'."
- Round Countdown
- "Round one. Beginning ring countdown to death."
- "Round two. Let the ring countdown begin."
- "Round three. The ring countdown has begun."
- "Round four. Tick-tock. Starting the ring countdown."
- "Round five. The ring is coming for you."
- "Round six. Death is coming, let the countdown begin."
- "Round seven. Ring countdown: begin."
- "Round eight. Slowly, we all burn. Ring's counting down."
- "Round nine. The ring is waiting for you."
- "Final round. It'll all be over soon."
- "Death is never the end. Not in my world."
- "Survival's not just for the living."
- First Blood
- "First blood has been taken. How wonderful."
- "First blood. I can taste it."
- "First blood. No where to run, no where to hide."
- "I welcome the first blood. Let them hunt."
- Champion Eliminated
- "And like that, the champion falls."
- "Aw. The champ is dead. Just like the rest of you skin suits."
- "The champion died. Food for the maggots."
- "The champion has been eliminated."
- Top Five Streak Champion Eliminated
- "And the Apex Predator is dead. Not so 'Apex,' now are they?"
- "Champ's dead before making top five. Bet you're broken up about that."
- "Champ's lost their top five streak. And their will to live."
- "Everyone wave bye-bye to the streak champion."
- "His streak champion is now a streak corpse."
- "If you pass by the streak champ's corpse, shoot it again for good luck."
- "The Apex Predator's streak is over."
- "The champion, and their streak, are both dead."
- "The champ is out. Enjoy playing with the bottom feeders, skin suit."
- "The streak champion's no longer top five. Also no longer breathing."
- "The streak champion's out of the game. And out of top five."
- "The top five champion's death box is now up for grabs. Loot away."
- "The top five champion's streak has ended."
- "The top five will be missing someone next match. Their champ."
- "Top five champ is dead. Don't 'get your stall as you plummet to the bottom, champ."
- New Kill Leader
- "A kill leader has been chosen. A true legend."
- "Heh, I have appointed a new kill leader. I like that."
- "Listen up. There's a new kill leader now. Good luck."
- "Pleased to welcome our new kill leader. We have a lone winner, for now."
- Kill Leader Eliminated
- "The kill leader is dead. Heh, that's ironic."
- "The kill leader is finished. Quite the mistake."
- Care Package
- "Care package being delivered."
- "Care package. Want it? Fight for it."
- "Delivering a care package. A gift before you perish."
- "Delivering a care package. Could be something good, take a risk."
- "Delivering a scare package. Fear, heheh, I love it."
- "Scare package coming for ya."
- Supply Ship
- "I'm sending the supply ship to all of you. Let's see who wants it most."
- "Supply ship incoming. Fight to death over its cargo."
- "Supply ship incoming. I expect to see death boxes piling up on it soon."
- "Supply ship, on its way. Its cargo is to die for."
- Ring Moving
- "Ring's closing."
- "Ring's coming for ya. One word. Run."
- "The ring is closing it. Can't you feel it?"
- "The ring is moving. I like it when you all flee."
- "Oh, don't melt your pretty little skin suit. The ring's coming."
- Final Ring
- "Final ring closing. Enjoy these final moments.
- "Final ring. Don't worry, it's almost over."
- "It's nearing the end. Final ring is closing."
- "The final ring. Get comfortable, for death."
- "The final ring is closing. Some of you will die."
- "The last ring is closing. Hope you're not... claustrophobic."
- Ten Shadows join the Squad
- "Another swarm of shadows rise. This is when it gets good."
- "More shadows join my ranks."
- "More turn to the shadows. I welcome them."
- "The Shadow Squad grows. They thrive off your fear."
- "The shadows rise again. I love this part."
- "You can't keep the dead asleep. Better start running."
- Final ten Legends remaining (Evac Ship on route)
- "Look at that, I've changed the game again."
- "Once again, skin suits, I have changed the game."
- "Y'know what this match needs? A game changer."
- Evac Ship Arriving
- "Don't worry. It's almost over."
- "Enjoy these final moments. Some of you will die."
- "I like it when you all flee."
- "It'll all be over soon."
- "It's nearing the end."
- Dying as a final Legend
- "You're a disappointment."
- "You're a disappointment. The shadows are done with you."
- "You're done. Now watch the masters."
- Legends Win
- "Enjoy this victory, winners, everything ends."
- "Got our winner. Another ribbon for the skin bags."
- "Heh, a skin bag won. I may have to do this myself."
- "Our winner lives to die another day."
- "So, a legend won. Ha, they'll join me soon enough."
- "The winner has survived. Huh, pity."
- "The winner is decided, but death will find them soon."
- "We found a winner. Good."
- "We have a winner. Fear them greater than death."
- "We have our winner. Maybe next time you'll die."
- Legends Win Congratulations
- "Meet our champion squad. Targets on their back, every last one."
- "You are the Apex champions. Don't get too comfortable."
- "You are the champions. For now."
- "You're our Apex champions. They'll be gunning for you now."
- Solo Win Congratulations
- "Congratulations, you're the Apex champion."
- "We've got our Apex champion."
- "We have our Apex champion. They got lucky. This time."
- "You're my Apex champion."
- "You're my Apex champion. Kill for my entertainment."
- Joining/Respawning as a Shadow
- "Aww, no time for rest. The Shadow Squad could use another."
- "Dying after death. Welcome to my life."
- "Ha, come back for more? Good."
- "Heh, revenge is calling."
- "I'm giving you another chance, now go."
- "Now you're mine. Don't screw it up."
- "Oh you're far from done. Join the shadows."
- "Revenge is calling!"
- "The shadows are your home now."
- "Welcome back."
- "You can do better, skin suit."
- Taking Revenge as a Shadow
- "Boo. (Laughter)"
- "Mmm. Revenge."
- Shadows Win
- "In the darkness, the shadows rule all."
- "The Shadow Squad always leaves a bloody mess."
- "The Shadow Squad wins."
- First Blood
- "Smell that? First blood."
- "Someone took first blood from me."
- [by your Squad] "First blood. Tastes like copper and honeysuckle."
- New Kill Leader
- "There's a new kill leader, and it isn't me?"
- "New kill leader -- they're next on my list."
- Kill Leader killed by Squad
- "They call that a Kill Leader? (Huh…)"
- Squadmate becomes Kill Leader
- "You're the new Kill Leader? Good. I love competition."
- [squadmate Loba is Kill Leader] "You're Kill Leader, Loba? Heh. I have at least two kills over ya. Mommy and Daddy."
- [squadmate Loba is Kill Leader] "You're Kill Leader, Loba? Heh. I have at least two kills over you. Mommy and Daddy."
- [squadmate Loba is Kill Leader] "Loba's the Kill Leader. I can give you one more kill. Just give me the coordinates."
- Appointed as Kill Leader
- "I'm the Kill Leader? Huh… Hardly knew."
- "I'm the Kill Leader? Ya don't say."
- Champion eliminated
- "Not much of a champion now, were they?"
- "Champion's gone -- wanted them for myself."
- [by your Squad] "Not much of a Champion after all."
- [by your Squad] "Next time we kill a Champion, I'm taking my time. Nice and slow."
- Two Squads left
- "Two Squads left. Don't get in my way."
- Only one more Squad left
- "Sharpen your claws. Just us and them."
- "One Squad left. I love the hunt."
- Care package incoming
- "Care package out there."
- Replicator incoming
- "They're sending a Replicator down to us."
- “They’re dropping a Replicator if you care.”
- Full squad outside the ring
- "We're all outside the ring. Can't kill if you're already dead."
- "That ring's closing in and we're not inside. Hey, if you want to die, it's your funeral."
- One minute until nearby ring closure, in squad
- "Ring's nearby and we still got a minute. Plenty of time for more fun."
- "Ring's close. We still have a minute. Want to make a massacre?"
- Thirty seconds until nearby ring closure, in squad
- "Thirty seconds to get inside that ring."
- Full squad inside the ring
- "We're in the ring. Which means they're coming to us."
- "We're inside the ring. This is going to be fun."
- Ten seconds until nearby ring closure, in squad
- "Get in the ring or I will kill you myself."
- "Ring's close. 10 seconds."
History[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Revenant was teased throughout Season 3 before his reveal in Season 4.
- His first appearance was as the announcer in the Shadowfall game mode. He also appeared in its promotional material, such as in the trailer as a silhouette in front of the moon.
- When Season 4 was officially announced, the developers announced that Forge would be the next Legend added and was given lots of promotional material, only to be murdered by Revenant in the short 'Up Close and Personal'. This was later revealed to be a misdirect not just for average players, but also for data miners, which included many pieces of fake Forge data planted in the game's files. 
- Revenant was conceptualized as a 'synthetic shinobi' character. Many different abilities were tested for him, including a 'Mark for Death' ability which permanently put a marker above a target's head so they could be tracked by Revenant's squad.
- Earlier datamining reveals other abilities tested include a poison bomb, a decoy you could teleport to, an ability that briefly makes you faster and silent, and an ultimate that creates a doorway in a wall. Datamining also reveals his name was at one point 'Blackout'.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During his creation at Hammond Robotics' Project 617, Revenant was designated as Subject XAC.
- When asked for a canonical explanation of Revenant's Death Totem ability, writer Tom Casiello responded that there is a story behind it, but he could not say what because it is tied to a future Legend.
- Revenant feels pain, and after learning he is a simulacrum, he remembers all the previous times in which he "died" and got transferred to a new body.
- In a rare animation, Revenant will do a series of hand signs while summoning the Death Totem. The five signs are hand signs from the manga series Naruto, specifically that of Tiger → Snake → Dog → Dragon → Clap hands, the hand signs for "Summoning: Impure World Reincarnation".
- Revenant has another animation causing him to pull out his skull and pressing in the eyes to summon Death Totem.
- Revenant has a newer animation, his right hand switches from normal to shadow when activating the totem, which is a reference to 2016's Suicide Squad.
- His Shadow on the Sun and Bird of Prey skins are based on the Egyptian god Ra, who was the god of the of the sun, order, kings, and the sky and is depicted with a similar bird head. False Idol and Unholy Beast skins are based on the Egyptian god Ra when he ruled the underworld, he would be in his Ram-Headed form.
- Another reference to ancient Egypt is Revenant's Death Totem, which symbolizes an obelisk. In ancient Egypt the obelisk symbolized the sun god Ra.
- In his reveal trailer, the "What are you? - Death" scene is a reference to the beginning of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales"
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Project 617 Trial 7578.
Project 617 Subject XAC.
Project 617 test results.
Email to Hammond employees on Revenant's break-ins.
A corrupted file found at several crime scenes.
The discussion that got Revenant into the Apex Games.
Concept art of Revenant.
Concept art of the silencer device.
Concept art of Revenant and the Unholy Beast skin.
Concept art of human Revenant.
References[edit | edit source]
- @tommiecas on Twitter
- The Cycle Loading Screen
- The Program Loading Screen
- Season 4 Launch Trailer
- Up Close and Personal - Stories from the Outlands
- It took “a little over a year” and “some pretty big gameplay changes” to create Revenant, Apex Legends design director Jason McCord says
- Analyzing/Reacting to "Fortune's Favor" with the Respawn Devs!! (Loba Trailer Season 5 Apex Legends)
- Tom Casiello on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Apex Legends on Twitter
- Hethe Srodawa on Twitter
- Luca Xu on Twitter