Usage[edit | edit source]
The Respawn Beacon can revive up to two players at a time and is permanently disabled upon being used once. After the player retrieves a banner of one or more squadmates, they can go to any respawn beacon to respawn them. After 6 seconds, during which the player can not move, but can look around freely, the process of respawning a legend is started. Your squadmates will be dropped off from a small spaceship, which is visible and audible to other legends around the area. The respawned legend will not have any item and will have the cooldown of both their ultimate ability and their primary ability reset.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- When using the respawn beacon, you cannot strafe unlike when looting a death box, so your best bet is to stand on the far side from any known enemies and crouch, as it makes your hitbox smaller and you can use the cover from the beacon for protection.
- While Respawning a teammate, you have to stand still, but you can look around, useful for scouting out any enemies that may have followed you.
- The Supply Bins surrounding the beacon are intended for the respawning squadmates. This means when running by with a full squad you can loot them to potentially disadvantage another squad. If you are respawning squadmates, open the bins and the loot but do not loot them. This will enable your squadmates to gear up quicker and have to loot to sustain themselves.
- The redeploy takes a short while and if the process is complete, you can be downed or killed without the squad losing, given that the 6-second timer was completed. This will likely result in a loss as your new squadmates will not have any gear but it is helpful to know if you are willing to distract the enemies from your respawning squadmates.
- Squadmates can be shot and downed whilst falling from the Respawn ship, meaning you may have to be prepared to revive a squadmate who just respawned.