|Rapid-fire automatic SMG
||Sub machine gun
|| Special Light Ammo
|Rate of Fire
||Vertical + curve right
The R-99 is a special Heirloom tier sub machine gun that uses Special Light Ammo. As a care package weapon, it can only be found in Care Packages, and cannot be fitted with foreign attachments or ammo. It comes pre-equipped with 160 backup ammo, a 1x Digital Threat as a scope, and a level 4 barrel stabilizer.
- Low Profile Legends[note 2]
- Fortified Legends[note 3]
- Very high damage per second.
- Very fast firing rate.
- Second highest SMG magazine capacity.
- Fast movement while aiming down sights.
- Uses exclusive light ammo that does not require inventory space.
- Lowest damage-per-shot of all SMGs.
- High recoil.
- 1× headshot multiplier at 39+ meters.
- Uses exclusive light ammo, of which only 160 are available per R-99 and more cannot be obtained outside of finding another R-99 and replacing it.
Originally designated and manufactured by the Lastimosa Armory as the R-97CN A3, the R-99 SMG was intended for use with the Frontier Colonial Navy, hence the "CN" classification. The Colonial Navy would often conduct Orbital Boarding Parties on hostile ships in high orbit or entering the atmosphere, so they needed a weapon platform that was compact and had the ability to spit lead downrange in low gravity or extremely confined areas such as cockpits or ship corridors.
There are a total of 57 weapon skins for the R-99; 14 Legendary, 5 Epic, 22 Rare and 16 Common.
- Glacier - Level 26
- August 17, 2020 Patch
- Weapon removed from loot pool - now available only as a care package weapon.
- Comes pre-equipped with a 1x Digital Threat and a level 4 barrel stabilizer.
- Damage increased from 11 to 12
- Increased magazine size from 20 to 32
- February 04, 2020 Patch
- Reduced damage per shot from 12 to 11.
- Increased magazine size: 18 / 20 / 23 / 27 → 20 / 22 / 24 / 27
- Improved ironsights accuracy.
- October 01, 2019 Patch
- Mag size reduced: 18 / 22 / 26 / 30 → 18 / 20 / 23 / 27
- Added some recoil randomness to patterns.