|5-round burst SMG
||Sub machine gun
|| Heavy rounds
|Rate of Fire
||23 (1.5x) per bullet|
115 (5x23) per burst
||15 per bullet|
75 (5x15) per burst
||12 per bullet|
60 (5x12) per burst
||20 / 25 / 30 / 35
||Kick + vertical + curve left
||This article is about the weapon whose name is often shortened to "Prowler". For the prowler creatures, see Creatures.
The Prowler Burst PDW (also called the Prowler SMG) is a sub machine gun that uses heavy rounds.
It fires in a 5-round burst unless it is equipped with the Selectfire Receiver Hop-Up attachment, which enables the weapon to switch to fully automatic fire.
- High damage per second.
- High magazine capacity growth rate with Extended Heavy Mags. Has the highest magazine capacity and damage per magazine of all SMGs at level 3.
- Very good hipfire, especially in burst mode.
- Low ADS movement speed penalty.
There are a total of 58 weapon skins for the Prowler Burst PDW; 13 Legendary, 8 Epic, 21 Rare and 16 Common.
- The Tomb Robber - needs The Dark Realm and 6,500
- Total Eclipse - needs Spacewalker and 6,500
- Raven's Watch - 1,000
- The Prowler is based on two "personal defense weapons" (PDWs) from real life: the FN P90 and the Magpul PDR-C. It also a homage to Seburo, Masamune Shirow's fictional arms manufacturer from Ghost in the Shell and Appleseed.
- The Prowler also bears a striking similarity to the MA5 series of assault rifles form the Halo universe; the triangular ammo counter and bull-pup frame are the most noticeable aspects that both weapons share. More so, the maximum magazine size of the Prowler when fitted with a Level 3 Extended Heavy Mag comes close to that of the current iteration of the MA5 series from Halo 5: Guardians; at 35 rounds and 36 rounds, respectively.
- August 17, 2020 Patch
- Slightly reduced vertical recoil in burst mode
- Increased horizontal recoil in auto Mode
- March 03, 2020 Patch
- Reduced the intensity of muzzle flash while aiming down the sight.
- Red dot has been added to the iron sights; iron sights dot will stay properly centered during weapon sway and bob movements.
- February 04, 2020 Patch
- Increased damage per shot from 14 to 15
- October 01, 2019 Patch
- Added some slight recoil randomness while maintaining the same pattern when fired in full-auto mode.
Concept Art for the Prowler Burst PDW by Ryan Lastimosa.