Pings are callouts for communication with teammates without the need for voice or text communication. They cover many actions such as marking enemies, announcing loot, calling "dibs" on announced loot, telling teammates where you are going, and many others. Each ping triggers a voice line from your legend, and a text message in the chat if enabled.
Location pings[edit | edit source]
These pings put a marker on the map for everyone in your squad.
Basic ping[edit | edit source]
By default, the basic ping triggers a "let's go here" voice line. However, it can also be used to highlight and vocally point out items, map features, or enemy ability usage. The following things can be pinged with unique voice lines:
- Any weapon or loot item
- Death Boxes
- Doors, closed or open
- Supply Bins, closed or open
- Care Packages
- Respawn Beacons
- Respawn dropships
- Loot Ticks
- Supply Ships
- Cargo Bots
- Vault doors
- The Train
- The Geyser
- Charge Towers
- Survey Beacons
- Enemy Dimensional Rifts
- Enemy Dome of Protection
- Enemy Smoke
- Enemy Gas
- Nox Gas Traps
- Launch Pads
- Fence Nodes
- Interception Pylons
- Surveillance Drones
- Death Totems
- Black Market Boutiques
Ping wheel[edit | edit source]
Bringing up the ping wheel allows for seven more options. These pings do not change depending on what you ping. They are, in clockwise order:
- Enemy Here (default F on PC)
- Looting Here
- Attacking Here
- Going Here
- Defending Here
- Watching Here
- Someone's Been Here
Other location pings[edit | edit source]
- When dead, you can ping the location of your death box for squadmates to find and retrieve your banner.
- When your squadmates have your banner, you can ping the nearest respawn beacon that is inside The Ring.
- Mirage's decoys automatically ping the location they get shot from.
- Wattson's fences automatically ping enemies that cross them.
Vocal pings[edit | edit source]
These pings only trigger voice lines for yourself and squadmates.
Response pings[edit | edit source]
The following are options when pinging another squadmate's ping:
- Ok - used to acknowledge a basic ping, an Enemy Here ping, or a Someone's Been Here ping
- I Can't
- I'll Join You - response to Looting / Attacking / Going / Defending / Watching Here pings
- Dibs - response to weapon or item pings, to indicate you want that item
Thanking squadmates[edit | edit source]
When a squadmate revives you, or when you pick up an item that a squadmate dropped or pinged, you have the option to thank them. They have the option to respond with 'you're welcome'.
Requesting items[edit | edit source]
Using the ping button in inventory menus allows you to request certain loot items from your squadmates.
- Ping a gear or attachment slot to request that attachment or piece of gear.
- Ping one of your weapons to request the appropriate type of Ammo.
- Ping an item in the Health Kit wheel to request health or shields.
Other vocal pings[edit | edit source]
- Using the ping button on a downed squadmate announces that you're coming to help them.
- Using the ping button on a dead squadmate's death box suggests that you should retrieve their banner.
- Using the ping button on a reviving enemy to alert your squadmates.
- When down, you can use the Help ping to alert your squadmates that you need to be revived.
- Wraith can share the warnings she gets from Voices from the Void.