|“||I'm coming for you friend!||„|
|Tactical Ability||Grappling Hook|
|Passive Ability||Insider Knowledge|
|Ultimate Ability||Zipline Gun|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Chris Edgerly|
Pathfinder is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator.
Pathfinder has learned much in his travels since then (like how to make a mean Eastern Leviathan Stew) but hasn't come any closer to finding his creator. Still, he's never given up hope, and took odd jobs in order to gain information about his maker. It was during a chance meeting with bartender Elliott Witt that he learned about the Apex Games. Wishing to gain a following—and hopefully draw the attention of his maker, he joined the popular bloodsport. In the meantime, he remains enthusiastic and helpful, always ready to make new friends (then shoot them).
|Description||Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.|
- Throws a grappling hook that will attach to the first solid object it hits and pull you towards it.
- The grappling hook can also attach to players, pulling the two of you together.
- When your hook connects to a surface, you will get a slight push forward towards the direction you are aiming.
- If thrown at an object while maintaining momentum in a different direction, you will swing while being pulled towards the object, allowing for tactical repositioning.
- While being an extremely useful tool to reach high positions or just move faster on the map, it can also be used for flanking and evading opponents, which can often turn fights in your favor.
- Keep in mind that both you and your grabbed opponent can continue shooting while the hook is retracting.
- The animation can be canceled at any time by pressing the crouch button.
|Description||Scan a survey beacon to reveal the Ring's next location.|
- Allows you to access a survey beacon to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes a few seconds during which you are vulnerable.
- A survey beacon can be used again when the next round starts.
- Survey beacons can be pinged. You can use this to help a Pathfinder locate or remember to scan them, or if you are Pathfinder, inform your squad of your intent to scan them.
|Charge time||90 seconds|
|Description||Create a zipline for everyone to use.|
- Creates a zipline between your current location and a target location, which you, your teammates, and enemies can use to move quickly between both points.
- The zipline is very useful for getting to usually unreachable locations, escaping an unwinnable fight or just progress quickly on the map (to escape the ring, for example). Ziplines can be deployed to most surfaces, however certain structures (frame of the map) may not be used. You cannot use them to reach "out of the map" zones.
- In an emergency, you can interrupt the use of a zipline by selecting any other item (weapons/healing) or ability (Grappling Hook).
- Remember foes can use them too, don't get cornered or ambushed by your own zipline!
- You can also use this ability to set up an ambush for an enemy squad after your escape, very quickly changing the tables dramatically
- Remember, a zip line follows a straight line. DO NOT send zip line straight into battle. Going head on will get you killed.
- February 19, 2019 Preseason Patch Notes 02
- Pathfinder can now grapple ziplines.
- March 19, 2019 Season 1 Update
- Adjusted hitboxes for Gibraltar, Caustic, and Pathfinder to better align with their shapes.
- Insider Knowledge:
- Increased the number of beacons in the world 10-> 12.
- Fixed Pathfinder’s zipline not deploying when jumping.
- Fixed the exploit where you could do infinite wallclimb using Pathfinder’s Grapple.
- June 03, 2019 The Legendary Hunt Update
- Added cooldown [.5 seconds] before you can reuse the last zipline you were on.
- When grappling a zipline, the trajectory will now pull players to a point below the zipline rather than above. This makes it so players are more likely to connect with the zipline instead of flying over it.
- Pathfinder’s Grapple now has a blue crosshair indicator that will appear when the Grapple is in range of objects it can connect to.
- Added new Low Profile Perk which increases incoming damage by 5%.
- Updated the hit box to better conform with the base model.
- Pathfinder is not the only MRVN robot. Other possibly female MRVN robots can be seen as bartenders in the Season 0/Season 1 opening cinematic
- Pathfinder knows Elliot Whitt, better known as Mirage, and met him at his bar in Solace. Mirage was the person who invited Pathfinder into the Apex Games
- Pathfinder may be capable of participating in sexual intercourse.