|“||I’m Marvin, but my best friends call me Pathfinder. I love being an Apex Legend because that means my banner is on display for everyone in the Outlands to see, especially my creator whoever they are. Competing alongside so many skilled fighters each match is really cool and it makes me very excited to know that I am everyone’s favorite squadmate to fight with; my friend Mirage told me that. He also said that I don’t get sarcasm, which was also nice to hear...I think.||„|
|Weight||937 lbs (425 kg)|
|Height||6'2" (188 cm)|
|Legend Type||22px Recon|
|Tactical Ability||Grappling Hook|
|Passive Ability||Insider Knowledge|
|Ultimate Ability||Zipline Gun|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Chris Edgerly|
Pathfinder is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Pathfinder is a Recon Legend very useful on movement and rotation. His Grappling Hook ability allows you to reach higher places and to tactically reposition while his Insider Knowledge and Zipline Gun abilities allow him to support your squad by letting them know the position of the next ring and provide a zipline on-the-fly to allow quick escapes and to reposition respectively.
Pathfinder is the picture of optimism, despite his circumstances. A MRVN (Mobile Robotic Versatile eNtity) modified to specialize in location scouting and surveying, he booted up decades ago in an abandoned laboratory with no idea who created him or why. With only his MRVN designation to hint at his identity, Pathfinder set off in search of his creator.
Pathfinder has learned much in his travels since then (like how to make a mean Eastern Leviathan Stew) but hasn't come any closer to finding his creator. Still, he's never given up hope, and took odd jobs in order to gain information about his maker. It was during a chance meeting with bartender Elliott Witt in Solace City that he learned about the Apex Games. Wishing to gain a following—and hopefully draw the attention of his maker, he joined the popular bloodsport. In the meantime, he remains enthusiastic and helpful, always ready to make new friends (then shoot them).
|Description||Grapple to get to out-of-reach places quickly.|
- Throws a grappling hook that will attach to the first solid object it hits (including players and ziplines) and pull you towards it.
- The maximum length of the grappling hook is 21 meters. There is a circle on Pathfinder's crosshairs that turns blue to indicate when the surface you're pointing at is within grapple range.
- By aiming to the side, you can swing in that direction instead of being pulled straight in. The grapple will disconnect after swinging to a 90° angle, and you will keep your momentum.
- The grappling hook can also attach to players, pulling the two of you together.
- When your hook connects to a surface, you will get a slight push forward towards the direction you are aiming.
- If thrown at an object while maintaining momentum in a different direction, you will swing while being pulled towards the object, allowing for tactical repositioning.
- While being an extremely useful tool to reach high positions or just move faster on the map, it can also be used for flanking and evading opponents, which can often turn fights in your favor.
- Keep in mind that both you and your grabbed opponent can continue shooting while the hook is retracting.
- The animation can be canceled at any time by pressing the crouch button.
|Description||Scan a survey beacon to reveal the Ring's next location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
- A survey beacon can be used again when the next round starts.
- Survey beacons can be pinged. You can use this to help a Pathfinder locate or remember to scan them, or if you are Pathfinder, inform your squad of your intent to scan them.
|Charge time||120 seconds|
|Description||Create a zipline for everyone to use.|
- Creates a zipline between your current location and a target location, which you, your teammates, and enemies can use to move quickly between both points.
- The other end of the zipline can be attached to any surface, allowing them to lead to places that players can't stand.
- The maximum length of the zipline is 100 meters. Up to 4 ziplines can be active on the map at once.
- The zipline is very useful for getting to usually unreachable locations, escaping an unwinnable fight or just progress quickly on the map (to escape the ring, for example). Ziplines can be deployed to most surfaces, however certain structures (frame of the map) may not be used. You cannot use them to reach "out of the map" zones.
- In an emergency, you can interrupt the use of a zipline by selecting any other item (weapons/healing) or ability (Grappling Hook).
- Remember foes can use them too, don't get cornered or ambushed by your own zipline!
- You can also use this ability to set up an ambush for an enemy squad after your escape, very quickly changing the tables dramatically
- Remember, a zip line follows a straight line. DO NOT send zip line straight into battle. Going head on will get you killed.
- If you think your team is in a dangerous position, you can plant a zipline as an escape route. Even though your team might not use it immediately, you can use it as a quick escape route.
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
There are a total of 51 legend skins for Pathfinder: 12 Legendary, 6 Epic, 17 Rare and 16 Common.
- The BP-1 skin was given to any player who logged in between 03 December 2019 and 14 January 2020.
This set was made available during the Holo-Day Bash event. Anyone who completed the Holo-Day Bash Collection set was given this automatically.
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Boxing Gloves
- A Banner Pose: Lights Out.
- An Intro Quip: Really amazing moves.
- Pathfinder's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Grapple tactical ability. His interest in high-fives is a reference to a MRVN who would attempt to high-five players on the dropship, only to become sad when it receives none.
- Pathfinder may be capable of participating in sexual intercourse.
- Pathfinder is the only legend to be aware of/believe in the existence of the Shadowfall gamemode.