History[edit | edit source]
Olympus was a city built on dreams. A utopia floating in clouds above Psamathe, it was once a place where the brightest minds in the Outlands could gather and exchange ideas, leading to breakthroughs in the sciences and arts. However, all dreams come to an end, and this one ended explosively: an accident in an experimental research facility led to the creation of the Phase Rift (a massive bubble of Phase energy), and the Outlands’ best and brightest quickly abandoned the city.
However, Olympus itself was maintained by advanced computer systems, so it quickly found new buyers in the Outlands’ elite. For 40 years, it served as a lavish vacation spot with the Rift as a tourist attraction. Unfortunately, the Rift grew unstable overtime, and Olympus was fully evacuated six months ago. Now Hammond Robotics, with the support of the Mercenary Syndicate, has transformed Olympus into a new stage for the Apex Games – though why is anyone’s guess.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Name||Loot Tier||Description||Supply Bins|
|Agriculture Entry||Low Tier|
|Antechamber||Low Tier||Antechamber is a passageway going to Central Turbine.|
|Autumn Estates||High Tier|
|Bonzai Plaza||Mid Tier|
|Bonsai Hillside||Low Tier|
|Arcadia Supercarrier||High Tier|
|Cargo Hold||Low Tier|
|Central Turbine||Mid Tier|
|Defense Perimeter||Low Tier|
|Energy Depot||High Tier|
|Grow Towers||Mid Tier|
|Golden Gardens||Mid Tier|
|Hammond Labs||Mid Tier|
|Ivory Pass||Low Tier|
|Lab Annex||Low Tier|
|Orbital Cannon Test Site||High Tier|
|Phase Gateway Central||Low Tier|
|Phase Gateway West||Low Tier|
|Primary Power Grid||Mid Tier|
|Rift Aftermath||High Tier|
|Research Basin||High Tier|
|Secondary Power Grid||Low Tier|
|Solar Array||Mid Tier|
|Supply Track||Low Tier|
|The Reverie Lounge||High Tier|
|Velvet Oasis||Mid Tier|
|Welcome Center||Low Tier|
|Wildflower Meadow||Low Tier|
Map Features[edit | edit source]
- Phase Runner
- Trident (vehicle)
Development[edit | edit source]
- Olympus began development in late 2018.
- Dave Osei was credited as the main figure behind Olympus. On the side of Hammond Labs, a list of people who worked on the map can be seen.
- In early iterations of the map, Olympus was surrounded by floating cities full of skyscrapers. The idea was scrapped because it was too hard to tell which areas are actually part of the map, both on the drop ship and on the ground.
- In early iterations, the red balloon-like aircrafts were floating above the map (similar to as seen in the Season 4 launch trailer). One of them was a playable area. In the finalized version, the red balloon-like aircrafts are attached to Olympus and the POI (Elysium) was moved to to a corner of the map.
[edit | edit source]
- Olympus is seen in the Season 4 Launch Trailer.
- Olympus is mentioned several times in the Season 4 loading screens. It is said to be "high above" Psamathe.
- In the Season 5 Launch Trailer, Revenant's head is teleported to Psamathe where Olympus is located in. After Revenant scans Loba, it says she is last seen on Olympus.
- In "The Broken Ghost" quest, after Ash is revived, she says "Welcome to Olympus." Lifeline and Octane then discuss about going home to Olympus.
- On October 23rd, 2020, the red aircrafts seen on Olympus were added to the backgrounds of Kings Canyon, World's Edge, and Firing Range.
- On October 26th, 2020, "Promise" was released which teases Olympus.
- On October 28th, 2020, the Season 7 Launch Trailer was released which reveals the Olympus arena for the Apex Games.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Olympus is the home of Lifeline, Octane, and Horizon.
- One of Olympus' restaurants, Tenmei, is where Revenant killed Loba's parents. The plaza where Tenmei is located, Bonzai Plaza, is a POI on the map.
- When asked why Olympus looks different in the game compared to the Season 4 launch trailer and loading screens, Ashley Reed (through Manny Hagopian's Reddit account) replied that Olympus can transform.
- Previous iterations of the map was in fact surrounded by flying skyscraper cities. See Development.
- The Arcadia Supercarrier is the rocket that was previously on World's Edge during Season 6. It launched to Olympus during the Season 7 launch trailer, and it is now a POI on the map.
- The names of the people who have worked on the map are listed on the side of Hammond Labs.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Loading Screen for Season 7 Olympus.
References[edit | edit source]