October 01, 2019 Patch
|October 01, 2019 Patch|
|The new map, World's Edge|
|Previous patch||September 03, 2019 Patch|
|Next patch||October 17, 2019 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New Legend: Crypto
- New Weapon: Charge Rifle
- New Battle Pass: see Season 3
- Features a new type of cosmetic, Charms
- New Map: World's Edge
- Kings Canyon disabled; will be put back into rotation before the end of the season
- New Event: Fight or Fright: Runs Oct 15 to Nov 05
- Limited time game mode: Shadowfall
- Event challenges with free loot
Legend Meta[edit | edit source]
- All Legends
- Executioner Perk: Previously, the Gold Armor perk, "Executioner", gave a full shield recharge on successful completion of a finisher. In Season 3, all Legends will have this perk meaning--finishers will fully recharge your shields regardless if you have Gold Armor equipped or not. Gold Backpacks will now have a "Guardian Angel" perk that is detailed below in the Loot / Meta Changes section.
- Dome of Protection:
- Players in the Dome Shield use healing items 25% faster.
- Increased throw distance by 60%.
- Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
- Defensive Bombardment:
- Decreased cooldown from 4.5 minutes to 3 minutes.
- Decreased duration from 8 seconds to 6 seconds.
- Increased throw distance by 36%.
- Eye of the Allfather:
- Reduced the animation time to activate by 33%.
- Now immediately tells you how many targets have been pinged.
- Beast of the Hunt:
- Fixed an issue with FoV scaling messing up ADS aim sensitivity.
- Reduced animation time to activate by 30%.
- Increased movement speed bonus from 25% to 30%.
- Rolling Thunder: Increased damage from 20 to 40.
- Stim: Fixed an issue with FoV scaling messing up ADS aim sensitivity.
- Dimensional Rift: No longer deploys if you are downed before placing it.
- Grappling Hook: Reduced the grapple projectile velocity by 33%, meaning it takes a fraction of a second longer to connect the grapple to the wall. The behavior, once you are connected, remains the same.
- Zipline Gun: Increased cooldown from 90 seconds to 120 seconds.
Weapon and Loot Meta[edit | edit source]
- REMOVED: Disruptor Rounds and Skullpiercer Rifling
- NEW HOP-UP: Anvil Receiver
- NEW HOP-UP: Double Tap Trigger
- Ultimate Accelerants
- Ultimate charge restored increased from 20% to 35%.
- Reduced the amount in the world by around 40%.
- Gold Gear changes
- Gold Backpack
- The gold backpack has a new perk, Guardian Angel. With Guardian Angel, you will revive downed teammates with bonus health and shields (if they have armor).
- Gold Armor
- The gold armor will now have Fast Use (consumable items take half as long to use), which was previously on the gold backpack. Now, you will be able to tell when an opponent has the ability to heal faster by seeing the gold armor damage numbers.
Weapons[note 3][edit | edit source]
- Base mag size reduced from 18 / 22 / 26 / 30 to 18 / 20 / 23 / 27.
- Added some recoil randomness to patterns.
- Added some slight recoil randomness while maintaining the same pattern when fired in full-auto mode.
- Reduced rate of fire from 1.6 to 1.3.
- Reduced leg damage multiplier from 0.9 to 0.8.
- Increased base damage from 30 to 34.
- Increased base damage from 18 to 22.
- Slightly decreased the rate of fire to both fire modes.
- Decreased pattern spread.
- Mozambique will now reset from recoil faster, which should make it easier to track targets and see where shots land.
- Substantial reduction to horizontal recoil.
- Now comes equipped with 1x Digital Threat optic.
- Reduced damage from 21 to 19.
- VK-47 Flatline (Includes 1x-2x Variable Holo)
- EVA-8 Auto (Includes 1x Digital Threat)
- Triple Take (Includes 4x-10x Digital Sniper Threat)
- G7 Scout (Includes 2x-4x Variable AOG)
- Charge Rifle (Includes 4x-10x Digital Sniper Threat)
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Added a “random” option for customizing your unlocked Loading Screens.
- Expanded the Ping Wheel so that you can now equip your unlocked Intro and Kill quips.
- Equip up to 8 intro or kill quips in the lobby.
- Nearby enemies can hear quips when activated.
- Press / while ping wheel is up to access (controller) or F1 (default keyboard binding -- you may need to set this manually as it won’t auto-bind).
- "Celebrate" quick chat is now the first option in the quip wheel (Previously / on dpad).
- New Legend battle chatter - Legends now have voice lines that will call out when your squad is being third-partied. This is triggered if you take damage when recently damaged by another living squad.
- You can now equip multiple skydive emotes (if you have multiple available on a character) - Hold A while skydiving to open the menu to select the skydive emote you want to use.
- Daily challenges should only give you, at most, 1 challenge for a Legend you don't own.
- No dupe character daily challenges (e.g. you should never get 2 Gibraltar dailies in the same day).
- Fixes for slowdown/performance drops at the start of a match.
- Mirage's decoys will now go where directed when deploying them during the drop if Mirage isn’t the Jumpmaster.
- Lifeline’s D.O.C. Heal Drone will no longer float away after being deployed on Supply Ships.
- Fixed issue where Legends could show up as locked instead of selected when joining a match late.
- Small improvements across UI to make fonts and other elements more readable.
- When swapping weapons with one on the ground, attachments will now attempt to transfer to your stowed weapon in addition to the weapon you are about to pick up.
Ranked Leagues Series 2[edit | edit source]
- Rewards for your placement in Ranked Leagues Series 1 will be available to you after downloading the update for Season 3.
- We’ve adjusted the scoring for Series 2 that allows for more granularity for future improvements.
- At the launch of Series 2 on October 1, we’ll be doing a soft reset on everyone's Ranked Position from Series 1. The reset will be 1.5 tiers. That means if you ended Series 1 in Gold II, you’ll be reset to Silver IV. Players in Platinum IV will be reset to Silver II, and Apex Predators will be reset to Platinum II.
- Assists have been added to your overall score.
- New HUD elements have been added to help players keep track of their in-match RP gains or losses.
- Leaver Penalty: Players who abandon their teammates will be hit with a matchmaking penalty in both regular and Ranked matches. Penalties will result in a player being barred from joining a match for escalating amounts of time based on how often they have abandoned in Ranked. An abandon is defined as leaving the game before the match is over for you; this includes leaving during character selection, leaving while you are alive, and leaving when you are dead but can still be respawned by teammates. Penalty times start out at five minutes, and repeat abandons will increase that time up to a week.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Octane - fixed a bug where sometimes mantling while using a tactical stopped players from being able to perform any other actions until the tactical is finished.
- Wattson - fixed bug where sometimes the visual FX from her fences would not show up after being deployed.
- Pathfinder - Fixed a bug with Insider Knowledge passive where Survey Beacon locations would disappear from the full map after activating them.
- Fixed bug where players could sometimes receive additional Battle Pass rewards by leveling up two games in a row.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to spam fire with the Peacekeeper.
- Fixed bug where looting Lifeline’s Care Packages would not count towards the “Loot X amount of Care Packages” in the Battle Pass challenges.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the smoke visual FX from Gibraltar, Bangalore, and Caustic Ultimates would show up on scopes when swapping weapons rapidly.
- PC - Fixed bug where model settings would be forced to “high” regardless of what setting was selected.
- Fixed a bug where players could sometimes skip the landing animation after a long fall.
- Fixed bug where sometimes map fog visual FX would disappear while looting a deathbox.
- Rebalanced audio to address issues with footsteps, ziplines, and jump jets.
Designer Notes[edit | edit source]
- We’ve pulled back additional nerfs for further testing, but Wraith’s power balance is definitely on our radar.
- We think the number of hop-up types in the game is about as high as we want to go right now when we consider loot dilution and the likelihood of finding a desired hop-up. Going forward, we intend to rotate hop-ups each season -- some may be removed from the loot pool to make room for new or returning ones. Below are the changes we’re making to Hop-Ups for Season 3.
- For Season 3 weapon changes, our goals were to encourage and improve longer-range gunfights and reduce power on some of the weapons that have been dominating lately. We will of course be closely watching data and player feedback on these during the season.
- We’ve swapped out the previous set of Gold Weapons with some fresh new ones for Season 3. Keep an eye out for these fully kitted beasts that all include tier 3 versions of all compatible attachments, hop-up, and the following optics: