|“||Why did I become a Legend? One reason: women. I kid. Real reason? Beautiful women. Sorry. They say I use humor as a defense mechanism, but hello... self-deprivation is my defense mechanism. Humor's my crutch. Or maybe my fallback? I don't know, one of those. I guess at the end of the day, the Games give people a reason to cheer. Aren't a whole lot of those left in the Outlands these days. Cool to be part of that. All i have to do is die young. So...yeah...anyhoo, I'm just pulling your leg, it's totally for the babes.
|Real Name||Elliott Witt|
|Tactical Ability||Psyche Out|
|Ultimate Ability||Vanishing Act|
|Voice Actor||Roger Craig Smith|
Mirage is a legend that is locked from the base game. This legend can be unlocked by using digital currency; pay 12,000 or 750.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his engineer mother, he pored over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went missing during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender on the Paradise Lounge in Solace City to make some extra money, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn't risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Psyche Out[edit | edit source]
|Description||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.|
- When used, a hologram duplicate of Mirage is sent in a straight line to wherever the real Mirage targeted.
- The decoy will replicate whether Mirage was walking, running, or crouching, and if used in midair will have the same momentum as Mirage. It cannot climb walls or ride ziplines.
- Upon reaching the targeted location, the decoy stands still and performs the 'inspect weapon' animation.
- The decoy will vanish upon taking damage, and an icon will appear indicating where the enemy that damaged it is. This icon appears for Mirage's whole squad, and also indicates distance.
- The decoy will also automatically vanish after 15 seconds.
- This ability may be activated twice while skydiving from the dropship or jump towers.
- The decoy will not only vanish with gunshots, but also grenades and other indirect forms of damage, including Nox Gas Traps, Perimeter Security, Rolling Thunder, and Defensive Bombardment, all of which can be used to find the enemy's location.
- Decoys will not trigger Nox Gas Traps.
- Decoys cannot go through Dimensional Rifts, and will not walk through Domes of Protection.
- Decoys can bounce on Launch Pads, but they may stop in midair if they fly over their target. If their target is right on the launch pad, they will bounce straight up and down.
- Decoys do not leave any tracks for Bloodhound, although they are highlighted by Eye of the Allfather and Beast of the Hunt.
- Have decoys stand in front of death boxes or in front of windows with a sniper rifle, since these are the most natural places for a player to stand completely still.
- If you're off on your own and suddenly start getting shot from a distance, put a decoy in front of you to instantly show your teammates where to shoot.
- Direct your decoys into Perimeter Security or Nox Gas to figure out where the Wattson or Caustic is.
- The decoys will actually absorb blows when they vanish, so you can use them to block strong shots like those from a sniper rifle or shotgun.
- The best way to fool smarter players is to act like you're the decoy. Direct a decoy in one direction and then run in a straight line in a different direction. That way, enemies won't know which is which.
- If your enemy is smart enough not to shoot decoys, act like a decoy to get behind them.
- In the Cage (and possibly other places) your decoys will not fall off ledges. They will just stand there and do nothing.
Encore![edit | edit source]
|Description||Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for five seconds when knocked down.|
- When downed, turn invisible for 5 seconds to crawl away.
- Leaves a decoy that enemies can attempt to perform finishers on.
- Once you are downed and this activates, if you are near a ledge or fall-off, try to go down. It'll cover a greater distance and hopefully throw the enemy off of your trail long enough for it to activate again.
- Do not use your knockdown shield unless you are being shot at intentionally, since using it will give you away.
- Movement on dirt also causes dust particles when crawling, and can give you away while cloaked.
- Any kind of threat vision will still detect you even if you're invisible.
Vanishing Act[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||150 seconds|
|Description||Deploy a team of Decoys to distract enemies while you cloak.|
- When activated, turns Mirage invisible for 5 seconds, and creates a ring of 6 stationary decoys around where he activated it.
- The decoys will only move if they attempt to stand over an edge and fall.
- While cloaked, Mirage cannot fire weapons or use any items, but does gain a slight speed boost.
- Mirage can cancel out of cloak early. It takes a second to pull out a weapon again once decloaked.
- Your decoys are unlikely to fool enemies, since there are 6 of them and they stand in a small ring. The invisibility is what makes this ultimate worthwhile.
- That said, the decoys can still be used to mark the enemy's location when shot, so placing it in the middle of a battle can still be advantageous.
- As an escape tool, this is best used in very hectic fights. In slower-paced fights, enemies will know to hunt for a cloaked Mirage.
- Vanishing Act can be used for flanking, so long as you're careful not to use it where the enemy can see the decoys, since then they will know you're coming.
Cosmetic items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Pack[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
I don't take myself too seriously. I don't take myself anywhere. I need to get out more
- This was... a really good fight
- ▶️ Of all the fights, this was a pret—predesc—a parduh... pr-predicular—it was a really good one, is what I'm trying to say.
- ▶️ Of all the fights, this one was parti—a predi—predibum... it was a really good fight, this one, was.
- Better not come back to haunt me
- ▶️ You better not come back to haunt me. (aside) Man, I hate when that happens.
- ▶️ You better not come back to haunt me! I hate when that happens.
- Both of me are better than you
- ▶️ Most of the time, one is better than the other... And both of me are better than you.
- ▶️ Most of the time one is better than the other, and both of me are better than you.
- Don't blame yourself
- Fighting me is...dumb
- ▶️ Ah, you should've known fighting me is... is presposter—prespr—ah... pres... is dumb.
- ▶️ You should've known fighting me is prepeh—pehprehsturus... is dumb.
- Good fight, good fight
- Here we are
- ▶️ Hey you jumped, you ran, you shot a thing maybe, but, then you met me and well, here we are.
- ▶️ Hey you jumped, you ran, you shot a thing maybe, and then you met me, and... well here we are.
- I gotcha
- I may have tricked you
- ▶️ I gotta admit... I MAY have tricked you. Phew, glad I got that off my chest.
- ▶️ Y'know I gotta admit... I may have tricked you. Glad I got that off my chest.
- I'm good, but there's two of me
- ▶️ I'm good! But, there's two of me. So I'm good twice! Check out that math.
- ▶️ I'm good, but there's two of me. So I'm good TWICE! Boom, check out that math.
- I'm good, what can I say?
- ▶️ I'm good, I'm good. What can I say? Did I say I'm good? Well I am.
- ▶️ I'm good, I'm good. What can I say? Did I say that I'm good 'cause... well, I am.
- If you ever want tips
- It's not all that bad
- ▶️ It's not all that bad! I mean the suns out, it's a nice day, y'know... just trying to be hopeful.
- ▶️ It's not all that BAD, the suns out, it's a nice day... just trying to be hopeful.
- Just a lovely time
- ▶️ This was just a LOVELY time, thank you for this.
- ▶️ This was... just a lovely time, thank you for this.
- Just try a little bit harder
- ▶️ Free tip, just try a little bit harder. You almost had it!
- ▶️ Free tip: Just try a little bit harder. Y'know you almost had it.
- Learn something new every time
- ▶️ Trust me, losing ain't that bad. I mean you learn something new every time! 'Least... that's what I've been told. I wouldn't know what that's like.
- ▶️ Trust me, losing ain't that bad, you learn something new every time! At least... that's what I've been told.
- Made me break a sweat
- ▶️ I'll tell you this much, you did make me break a sweat. Little bit.
- ▶️ I'll tell you this much, you DID make me break a sweat.
- No one had your back, huh?
- ▶️ No one had your back huh? I hate when that happens.
- ▶️ No one had your back, huh? I hate when that happens.
- Not bad, I'd hire ya
- ▶️ Not bad, if I didn't have to kill ya, I'd hire ya.
- ▶️ Not bad. If I didn't have to kill ya, I'd hire ya.
- Nothing to do with your skills
- ▶️ You lost this one. But it has nothing to do with your skills! Well-- 'cause you don't have any, I mean clearly.
- ▶️ Yeah, you lost this one, but it has nothing to do with your skills! 'Cause—well—I mean you don't have any, clearly.
- Oh boy, this was rough
- ▶️ Ah, boy, this... was rough for you. Ah, next time maybe.
- ▶️ Ooh boy, this was rough for you! Ah, next time maybe.
- One way to make memories
- Personal business
- ▶️ You can't take this personally, it's just business. Personal business.
- ▶️ You can't take this personally, it's just business! Personal... business.
- Proud to have fought with you
- ▶️ I'm proud to have fought with you. I mean, seriously! I-- I mean it. (aside) Why doesn't anyone believe me...?
- ▶️ I'm proud to have fought with you! I'm serious. I-- I mean it. No one ever believes me!
- Quite the... bad situation
- ▶️ Quite the predemis--! Predah—Predepicatio—Predi—Predicamina? It's a bad situation.
- ▶️ Wow, that's quite the predemis—Pruh—Preh... Predicam—uh... It's a bad situation for you.
- Quitting is for losers
- ▶️ Listen, quitting is for losers and since... you already lost, well there's... really no point in giving up now.
- ▶️ Listen, quitting is for losers! And since you already lost I mean there's... no point in giving up now.
- Sometimes you lose
- Sorry to make you wait
- ▶️ I'm so sorry to make you wait. I meant to beat you much faster.
- ▶️ I'm so sorry to make you wait, I--I mean to beat you... much faster!
- Sorry, did I confuse you?
- Take the good with the bad
- ▶️ You gotta take the good, with the bad. I'm good, you're bad.
- ▶️ You gotta take the good with the bad! I'm good, and—you're bad.
- Thank you for this
- ▶️ Hey, thank you for this. I feel much better about myself now.
- ▶️ Thank you for this, I feel MUCH better about myself now.
- The thrill
- ▶️ Wasn't the thrill of victory in itself, really? Yeah, probably not.
- ▶️ Wasn't the thrill of victory in itself? Eh, probably not, you're dead.
- Until we meet again, buddy
- We had fun, right?
- You chose to fight me
- ▶️ Listen, you chose to fight me. Or... maybe was it the other way around? Ah, whatever, I won.
- ▶️ Listen, you chose to fight me. Or... maybe was it the other way around? Oh well! I won.
- You did good
- ▶️ Hey, you did good! I think you did good, I mean... Well maybe not THAT good, after all... I mean... Look at you. Heh. Okay, bye!
- ▶️ Hey, you did good. I think you did good, I mean, well—maybe not that good after all... considering... okay, goodbye.
- You didn't lose to the ring
- ▶️ Hey, at least you didn't lose to the ring. I know a guy, I'll... tell you the story sometime.
- ▶️ Hey, at least you didn't lose to the ring. Right?
- You got bamboozled!
- You weren't half bad
- ▶️ If you ask me, you weren't... half bad. That means... you were half good!
- ▶️ You know, if you ask me, you weren't half bad. Hey! That means you were half good!
- You weren't too bad
- ▶️ Okay, I'll be nice. You weren't... too bad. There. I said it. You're welcome.
- ▶️ Okay, I'll be nice. You weren't too bad. There, I said it. You're welcome.
- You win, you lose, you die
History[edit | edit source]
- February 19, 2019 Preseason Patch Notes 02
- Fixed issue with Mirage Ability causing crashes.
- June 03, 2019 The Legendary Hunt
- Fixed bug where cloaked Mirage was too noticeable.
- Mirage can now cancel out of his ultimate cloak early after a small delay.
Trailer[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He had already met Pathfinder before participating in the Apex Games. In fact, it was Mirage that told him about the games existence. Ironically, Mirage seems to dislike being with Pathfinder, even going as far as to sarcastically tell him that he was everyone's favorite squadmate.
References[edit | edit source]