|“||Why did I become a Legend? One reason: women. I kid. Real reason? Beautiful women. Sorry. They say I use humor as a defense mechanism, but hello... self-deprecation is my defense mechanism. Humor's my crutch. Or maybe my fallback? I don't know, one of those. I guess at the end of the day, the Games give people a reason to cheer. Aren't a whole lot of those left in the Outlands these days. Cool to be part of that. All I have to do is die young. So...yeah...anyhoo, I'm just pulling your leg, it's totally for the babes.
|Real Name||Elliott Witt|
|Tactical Ability||Psyche Out|
|Ultimate Ability||Vanishing Act|
|Voice Actor||Roger Craig Smith|
Mirage is a legend that is locked from the base game. This legend can be unlocked by using digital currency; pay 12,000 or 750.
Mirage is an Offensive Legend with abilities that let you distract and confuse enemies. His abilities are entirely based around decoys; his Tactical, Psyche Out, allows him to deploy a decoy to a specified place while his passive, Encore! gives him time to escape after being knocked down by deploying a decoy while entering cloak. Finally, his ultimate Vanishing Act deploys a team of decoys allowing him to cloak himself and escape or flank people unnoticed.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his famed engineer mother Evelyn Witt, he pored over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went missing during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender on the Paradise Lounge in Solace City to make some extra money, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn't risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Psyche Out[edit | edit source]
|Description||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy.|
- When used, a hologram duplicate of Mirage is sent in a straight line to wherever the real Mirage targeted.
- The decoy will replicate whether Mirage was walking, running, or crouching, and if used in midair will have the same momentum as Mirage. It cannot climb walls or ride ziplines.
- Upon reaching the targeted location, the decoy stands still and performs the 'inspect weapon' animation.
- The decoy will vanish upon taking damage, and an icon will appear indicating where the enemy that damaged it is. This icon appears for Mirage's whole squad, and also indicates distance.
- The decoy will also automatically vanish after 15 seconds, which is when the ability re-activates
- This ability may be activated twice while skydiving from the dropship or jump towers.
- The decoy will not only vanish with gunshots, but also grenades and other indirect forms of damage, including Nox Gas Traps, Perimeter Security, Rolling Thunder, and Defensive Bombardment, all of which can be used to find the enemy's location.
- Decoys cannot go through Dimensional Rifts, and will not walk through Domes of Protection.
- Decoys can bounce on Launch Pads, but they may stop in midair if they fly over their target. If their target is right on the launch pad, they will bounce straight up and down.
- Decoys do not leave any tracks for Bloodhound, although they are highlighted by Eye of the Allfather and Beast of the Hunt.
- Have decoys stand in front of death boxes or in front of windows with a sniper rifle, since these are the most natural places for a player to stand completely still.
- If you're off on your own and suddenly start getting shot from a distance, put a decoy in front of you to instantly show your teammates where to shoot.
- Direct your decoys into Perimeter Security or Nox Gas to figure out where the Wattson or Caustic is.
- The decoys will actually absorb blows when they vanish, so you can use them to block strong shots like those from a sniper rifle or shotgun.
- The best way to fool smarter players is to act like you're the decoy. Direct a decoy in one direction and then run in a straight line in a different direction. That way, enemies won't know which is which.
- If your enemy is smart enough not to shoot decoys, act like a decoy to get behind them.
- Your decoys don't block doors, but in a situation when you see them blocking a door try to use this to your advantage and send your decoy to it to make them think it's you that's gonna kick it down and get a sneak up on them from another entrance if possible.
- Some small rocks or other rough surfaces that your decoy should be able to pass in a way can easily destroy it.
Encore![edit | edit source]
|Description||Automatically drop a decoy and cloak for 5 seconds when knocked down.|
- When downed, turn invisible for 5 seconds to crawl away.
- Leaves a decoy that enemies can attempt to perform finishers on.
- Once you are downed and this activates, if you are near a ledge or fall-off, try to go down. It'll cover a greater distance and hopefully throw the enemy off of your trail long enough for it to activate again.
- Do not use your knockdown shield unless you are being shot at intentionally, since using it will give you away.
- Movement on dirt also causes dust particles when crawling, and can give you away while cloaked.
Vanishing Act[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||150 seconds|
|Description||Mirage deploys a team of decoys to distract enemies while he cloaks.|
- When activated, turns Mirage invisible for 5 seconds, and creates a ring of 6 stationary decoys around where he activated it.
- The decoys will only move if they attempt to stand over an edge and fall.
- While cloaked, Mirage cannot fire weapons or use any items, but does gain a slight speed boost.
- Mirage can cancel out of cloak early. It takes a second to pull out a weapon again once decloaked.
- While cloaked, Mirage is undetectable by threat highlighters like 1x Digital Threat, 4x-10x Digital Sniper Threat, or Bloodhound's Beast of the Hunt, or by trackers like Eye of the Allfather or Crypto's Surveillance Drone.
- A cloaked Mirage will still leave tracks for Bloodhound.
- While cloaked, Mirage cannot trigger Caustic's Nox Gas Traps.
- If a cloaked Mirage runs through Wattson's Perimeter Security fences, he'll have an electrical aura around his body revealing his position.
- Your decoys are unlikely to fool enemies, since there are 6 of them and they stand in a small ring. The invisibility is what makes this ultimate worthwhile.
- That said, the decoys can still be used to mark the enemy's location when shot, so placing it in the middle of a battle can still be advantageous.
- You can also trigger your decoys to move if you send them off a cliff. Better yet, if you activate this ability while on a jump pad, or while just jumping backwards, this could also trigger your decoys.
- As an escape tool, this is best used in very hectic fights. In slower-paced fights, enemies will know to hunt for a cloaked Mirage.
- Vanishing Act can be used for flanking, so long as you're careful not to use it where the enemy can see the decoys since then they will know you're coming.
- You can use it to get through Caustic’s traps and out flank him, since Vanishing Act does not activate these traps.
- This can change a fight around if used correctly. Try to not use it to disengage all the time, use it aggressively it can really pay off. e.g reappearing behind the enemy to catch them off guard. But some experienced players will hear your movements or notice a bit of your cloak so don't get too close
- Try your best to not use it on sand or water due to you flicking/splashing when moving making you way more noticeable in it.
Cosmetic items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 52 legend skins for Mirage; 10 Legendary, 6 Epic, 20 Rare and 16 Common.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Pound It, Bro
Strike a Pose
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Pack[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- Alright, either you're with me or you're against me, or you're with me and against me, cause I'll be honest, that happens sometimes.
- It's a good day to take out some fools and be back in time for dinner! I got porkchops tonight. Love porkchops..
- Listen, I've been training all day, so, it's about time that, y'know, we did some fighting.
- Now ya see me, now ya don't. Now ya see me, boom, you're dead.
- Three words: Win, and win again. Yeah...
- Today will be one of those experiences where you'll sit back and say "Oh yeah, I remember that".
- I did my hair for this! Nothin' wrong with lookin' good in the ring.
- Alright, so I did my hair for this. There's nothin' wrong with lookin' good in the ring. And I look good.
- I make this look good. Literally, this hair, this face.. I mean, c'mon, you see it.
- I could win this thing with one eye closed. Or both eyes closed! Hell, I don't even have to show up!
- So I like to have a little fun. So what?
- Y'know, I don't take myself too seriously. I don't take myself anywhere, really, I... man, I need to get out more.
- Everything's gonna be great! Least, that's what I keep telling myself..
- Yeah, I'm ready for this. I am SO ready for this, I am extremely ready for this. ..We ready?
- Alright, I'm gonna be honest, I am afraid, I'm really afraid. I'm just kidding, nothing scares me.
- I just hope I don't have to fight with that smiling robot. I'm just kiddin', he-he's fine. Everyone's fine.
- Alright, let's do this. It'll be fun! If not, well, y'know, we all make bad choices, you live, you learn...
- Not gonna lie, I'm pretty good at this. Okay, I-I do lie. But not this time!
- The ring isn't really complex but it can be a little complicated. Wait, what'd I just say?
- This match is gonna be extra-vagah...extr..ext, extravagant! That's the word.
- Y'know, this match is gonna be extrah, extragavent, uh, extra... e-extravagant! That's it.
- I got this thing in the box! Or is it.. is it 'the bag'? ..Y'know, whatever the case, we're winnin'.
- Anyone wanna take me out?
- Anyone wanna take me out? Come find me.
- Anyone wanna take me out? Come find me. I'll buy the drinks.
- Didn't get here alone
- I didn't get here alone. I defeated a lot of people to get here.
- Y'know, I didn't get here alone. Man, I defeated a lot of people to get here.
- Gonna see a lot of me
- You're gonna see a lot of me.
- I'm speechless
- I-I'm speechless! Actually, I wrote a speech- y'know what, forget it, let's just fight.
- This is good, let's fight
- This is good, this is good, let's fight!
- This was... a really good fight
- ▶️ Of all the fights, this was a pret—predesc—a parduh... pr-predicular—it was a really good one, is what I'm trying to say.
- ▶️ Of all the fights, this one was parti—a predi—predibum... it was a really good fight, this one, was.
- Better not come back to haunt me
- ▶️ You better not come back to haunt me. (aside) Man, I hate when that happens.
- ▶️ You better not come back to haunt me! I hate when that happens.
- Both of me are better than you
- ▶️ Most of the time, one is better than the other... And both of me are better than you.
- ▶️ Most of the time one is better than the other, and both of me are better than you.
- Don't blame yourself
- Fighting me is...dumb
- ▶️ Ah, you should've known fighting me is... is presposter—prespr—ah... pres... is dumb.
- ▶️ You should've known fighting me is prepeh—pehprehsturus... is dumb.
- Good fight, good fight
- Here we are
- ▶️ Hey you jumped, you ran, you shot a thing maybe, but, then you met me and well, here we are.
- ▶️ Hey you jumped, you ran, you shot a thing maybe, and then you met me, and... well here we are.
- I gotcha
- I may have tricked you
- ▶️ I gotta admit... I MAY have tricked you. Phew, glad I got that off my chest.
- ▶️ Y'know I gotta admit... I may have tricked you. Glad I got that off my chest.
- I'm good, but there's two of me
- ▶️ I'm good! But, there's two of me. So I'm good twice! Check out that math.
- ▶️ I'm good, but there's two of me. So I'm good TWICE! Boom, check out that math.
- I'm good, what can I say?
- ▶️ I'm good, I'm good. What can I say? Did I say I'm good? Well I am.
- ▶️ I'm good, I'm good. What can I say? Did I say that I'm good 'cause... well, I am.
- If you ever want tips
- It's not all that bad
- ▶️ It's not all that bad! I mean the suns out, it's a nice day, y'know... just trying to be hopeful.
- ▶️ It's not all that BAD, the suns out, it's a nice day... just trying to be hopeful.
- Just a lovely time
- ▶️ This was just a LOVELY time, thank you for this.
- ▶️ This was... just a lovely time, thank you for this.
- Just try a little bit harder
- ▶️ Free tip, just try a little bit harder. You almost had it!
- ▶️ Free tip: Just try a little bit harder. Y'know you almost had it.
- Learn something new every time
- ▶️ Trust me, losing ain't that bad. I mean you learn something new every time! 'Least... that's what I've been told. I wouldn't know what that's like.
- ▶️ Trust me, losing ain't that bad, you learn something new every time! At least... that's what I've been told.
- Made me break a sweat
- ▶️ I'll tell you this much, you did make me break a sweat. Little bit.
- ▶️ I'll tell you this much, you DID make me break a sweat.
- No one had your back, huh?
- ▶️ No one had your back huh? I hate when that happens.
- ▶️ No one had your back, huh? I hate when that happens.
- Not bad, I'd hire ya
- ▶️ Not bad, if I didn't have to kill ya, I'd hire ya.
- ▶️ Not bad. If I didn't have to kill ya, I'd hire ya.
- Nothing to do with your skills
- ▶️ You lost this one. But it has nothing to do with your skills! Well-- 'cause you don't have any, I mean clearly.
- ▶️ Yeah, you lost this one, but it has nothing to do with your skills! 'Cause—well—I mean you don't have any, clearly.
- Oh boy, this was rough
- ▶️ Ah, boy, this... was rough for you. Ah, next time maybe.
- ▶️ Ooh boy, this was rough for you! Ah, next time maybe.
- One way to make memories
- Personal business
- ▶️ You can't take this personally, it's just business. Personal business.
- ▶️ You can't take this personally, it's just business! Personal... business.
- Proud to have fought with you
- ▶️ I'm proud to have fought with you. I mean, seriously! I-- I mean it. (aside) Why doesn't anyone believe me...?
- ▶️ I'm proud to have fought with you! I'm serious. I-- I mean it. No one ever believes me!
- Quite the... bad situation
- ▶️ Quite the predemis--! Predah—Predepicatio—Predi—Predicamina? It's a bad situation.
- ▶️ Wow, that's quite the predemis—Pruh—Preh... Predicam—uh... It's a bad situation for you.
- Quitting is for losers
- ▶️ Listen, quitting is for losers and since... you already lost, well there's... really no point in giving up now.
- ▶️ Listen, quitting is for losers! And since you already lost I mean there's... no point in giving up now.
- Sometimes you lose
- Sorry to make you wait
- ▶️ I'm so sorry to make you wait. I meant to beat you much faster.
- ▶️ I'm so sorry to make you wait, I--I mean to beat you... much faster!
- Sorry, did I confuse you?
- Take the good with the bad
- ▶️ You gotta take the good, with the bad. I'm good, you're bad.
- ▶️ You gotta take the good with the bad! I'm good, and—you're bad.
- Thank you for this
- ▶️ Hey, thank you for this. I feel much better about myself now.
- ▶️ Thank you for this, I feel MUCH better about myself now.
- The thrill
- ▶️ Wasn't the thrill of victory in itself, really? Yeah, probably not.
- ▶️ Wasn't the thrill of victory in itself? Eh, probably not, you're dead.
- Until we meet again, buddy
- We had fun, right?
- You chose to fight me
- ▶️ Listen, you chose to fight me. Or... maybe was it the other way around? Ah, whatever, I won.
- ▶️ Listen, you chose to fight me. Or... maybe was it the other way around? Oh well! I won.
- You did good
- ▶️ Hey, you did good! I think you did good, I mean... Well maybe not THAT good, after all... I mean... Look at you. Heh. Okay, bye!
- ▶️ Hey, you did good. I think you did good, I mean, well—maybe not that good after all... considering... okay, goodbye.
- You didn't lose to the ring
- ▶️ Hey, at least you didn't lose to the ring. I know a guy, I'll... tell you the story sometime.
- ▶️ Hey, at least you didn't lose to the ring. Right?
- You got bamboozled!
- You weren't half bad
- ▶️ If you ask me, you weren't... half bad. That means... you were half good!
- ▶️ You know, if you ask me, you weren't half bad. Hey! That means you were half good!
- You weren't too bad
- ▶️ Okay, I'll be nice. You weren't... too bad. There. I said it. You're welcome.
- ▶️ Okay, I'll be nice. You weren't too bad. There, I said it. You're welcome.
- You win, you lose, you die
- Sending out decoy
- "Sending out my decoy"
- "Sending out a decoy"
- "You got bamboozled!"
- "Get to bamboozlin’"
- "Go out there and bamboozle"
- "Get out there and bamb- bamboo- Fool em!"
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mirage's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Holo Pilot and Cloak abilities. This was especially apparent at launch, when cloaking rendered Mirage as a faint white silhouette rather than making him completely invisible.
- Mirage's room in the dropship, as seen in the Season 3 trailer and in the 'Humble Witt' loading screen, contains several pieces of Mirage fanart from real-life fans of Apex Legends.
- Next to a rock near the Mirage Voy’age, you can find an audio log of Mirage talking with his mother, suggesting Evelyn Witt to have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- According to Wattson, Mirage's Holo equipment is not waterproof.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mirage's profile on Finding Solace.
Quotes about Mirage.
More quotes about Mirage.
Concept art of Mirage.
A Painting of Mirage found in the Mirage Voy’age 
Another Painting of Mirage found in the Mirage Voy’age 
References[edit | edit source]