|“||Why did I become a Legend? One reason: women. I kid. Real reason? Beautiful women. Sorry. They say I use humor as a defense mechanism, but hello... self-deprecation is my defense mechanism. Humor's my crutch. Or maybe my fallback? I don't know, one of those. I guess at the end of the day, the Games give people a reason to cheer. Aren't a whole lot of those left in the Outlands these days. Cool to be part of that. All I have to do is die young. So...yeah...anyhoo, I'm just pulling your leg, it's totally for the babes.|
|— Mirage explains why he joined the games.|
|Real Name||Elliot R. Witt|
|Tactical Ability||Psyche Out|
|Passive Ability||Now You See Me...|
|Ultimate Ability||Life of the Party|
|Voice Actor||Roger Craig Smith|
Mirage is a legend that is locked from the base game. This legend can be unlocked by using digital currency; costing either 12,000 or 750.
Mirage is an Offensive Legend with abilities that let you distract and confuse enemies. His abilities are entirely based around decoys; his Tactical, Psyche Out, allows him to deploy a controllable decoy while his passive, Now You See Me... gives him time to escape after being knocked down by deploying a decoy while entering cloak and also enters cloak while reviving or using a Respawn Beacon. Finally, his ultimate Life of the Party deploys a team of decoys allowing him to summon moving decoys and escape or flank people unnoticed.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Mirage is the kind of guy who likes to stand out. The youngest of four brothers, he perfected the art of fooling around to get attention. The one thing he took seriously was Holo-Pilot technology: introduced to the illusion-creating tech by his famed engineer mother Evelyn Witt, he pored over the mechanisms and learned all he could about them. Even when his brothers went missing during the Frontier War, Mirage and his mother continued to develop holo devices, and the work brought them closer.
While working as a bartender on the Paradise Lounge in Solace City to make some extra money, Mirage heard amazing stories from his patrons about the Apex Games and the wealth and glory that came with victory. As good as both of those sounded, he knew he couldn't risk leaving his mother childless – until she gave him a set of customized holo devices and told him to follow his dream. Mirage is now the life of the Apex Games, outwitting opponents and charming audiences across the Outlands.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Psyche Out[edit | edit source]
|Description||Send out a holographic decoy to confuse the enemy. Press H// to control the decoy.|
- When used, a hologram duplicate of Mirage is sent in a straight line to wherever the real Mirage targeted.
- When spawned, the decoy will replicate whether Mirage was walking, running, or crouching, and if used in midair will have the same momentum as Mirage. It cannot climb walls or ride zip lines.
- Upon reaching the targeted location, the decoy stands still and performs the 'inspect weapon' animation unless the player takes control of it.
- The decoy will vanish upon taking damage, and an icon will appear indicating where the enemy that damaged it is. This icon appears for Mirage's whole squad, and also indicates distance.
- When a decoy vanishes from taking damage, it will output a "you got bamboozled" voiceline from the decoy.
- The decoy will also automatically vanish after 60 seconds or manually by deploying another decoy.
- This ability may be activated twice while skydiving from the dropship or jump towers, and if you are with your squad in flight it will send out a full decoy squad.
- The decoy can be controlled by pressing the utility action button (default H//), and it will mimic Mirage's actions.
- The decoy will not only vanish with gunshots, but also grenades and other indirect forms of damage, including Nox Gas Traps, Perimeter Security, Rolling Thunder, and Defensive Bombardment, all of which can be used to find the enemy's location.
- Decoys cannot go through Dimensional Rifts, and will not walk through Domes of Protection.
- Decoys do not leave any tracks for Bloodhound, although they are highlighted by Eye of the Allfather and Beast of the Hunt.
- Have decoys stand in front of death boxes or front of windows with a sniper rifle since these are the most natural places for a player to stand completely still.
- If you're off on your own and suddenly start getting shot from a distance, put a decoy in front of you to instantly show your teammates where to shoot.
- Direct your decoys into Perimeter Security or Nox Gas to figure out where the Wattson or Caustic is.
- The best way to fool smarter players is to act like you're the decoy. Direct a decoy in one direction and then run in a straight line in a different direction or start controlling it. That way, enemies won't know which is which.
- If your enemy is smart enough not to shoot decoys, act as a decoy to get behind them.
- Your decoys don't block doors, but in a situation when you see them blocking a door try to use this to your advantage and send your decoy to it to make them think it's you that's gonna kick it down and get a sneak up on them from another entrance if possible.
- Some small rocks or other rough surfaces that your decoy should be able to pass in a way can easily destroy it.
Now You See Me...[edit | edit source]
|Now You See Me...|
|Description||Automatically cloak when using Respawn Beacons and reviving teammates.|
- When downed, turn invisible for 5 seconds to crawl away.
- When reviving a teammate, Mirage and the teammate will become invisible.
- When using a respawn beacon, Mirage will become invisible.
- Leaves a decoy that falls to its knees and dramatically pretends to be dying.
- Once you are downed and this activates, if you are near a ledge or fall-off, try to go down. It'll cover a greater distance and hopefully throw the enemy off of your trail long enough for it to activate again.
- Do not use your knockdown shield unless you are being shot at intentionally, since using it will give you away.
- Movement on dirt also causes dust particles when crawling, and can give you away while cloaked.
Life of the Party[edit | edit source]
|Life of the Party|
|Charge time||60 seconds|
|Description||Mirage deploys a team of controllable decoys to distract enemies.|
- When activated, Mirage summons 6 decoys around him that mimic his movements.
- Turns invisible for 1 second before deploying decoys.
- Unlike Mirage's previous ultimate ability, Mirage will not turn invisible for long and is still able to attack while using this ability and are more likely to fool enemies as they move in tandem with the player.
- Try combining this ability with your passive ability when attempting to revive a downed teammate. The clones will appear with your teammate in the holograms. It will throw off the enemy's direction, and confuse them enough to fire at the clones as you revive.
- It's a good idea to use the second of invisibility you get while casting this ability to change directions unexpectedly to make it more difficult to distinguish you from your decoys.
Cosmetic items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 58 legend skins for Mirage; 14 Legendary, 7 Epic, 21 Rare and 16 Common.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Pound It, Bro
Strike a Pose
Heirloom Set[edit | edit source]
The set includes:
- A Banner Pose: You Really Love Me
- A Melee weapon skin: Too Much Witt
- An Intro Quip: "Excited to see you all in the ring"
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Pack[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "Alright, either you're with me or you're against me, or you're with me and against me, cause I'll be honest, that happens sometimes."
- "It's a good day to take out some fools and be back in time for dinner! I got porkchops tonight. Love porkchops."
- "Listen, I've been training all day, so, it's about time that, y' know, we did some fighting."
- " Now ya see me, now ya don't. Now ya see me, boom, you're dead."
- "Three words: Win, and win again. Yeah..."
- "Today will be one of those experiences where you'll sit back and say "Oh yeah, I remember that"."
- "I did my hair for this! Nothin' wrong with lookin' good in the ring. "
- "Alright, so I did my hair for this. There's nothin' wrong with lookin' good in the ring. And I look good."
- "I make this look good. Literally, this hair, this face... I mean, c'mon, you see it."
- "I could win this thing with one eye closed. Or both eyes closed! Hell, I don't even have to show up!"
- "So I like to have a little fun. So what?"
- "Y'know, I don't take myself too seriously. I don't take myself anywhere, really, I... man, I need to get out more/"
- "Everything's gonna be great! Least, that's what I keep telling myself..."
- "Yeah, I'm ready for this. I am SO ready for this, I am extremely ready for this. ..We ready?"
- "Alright, I'm gonna be honest, I am afraid, I'm really afraid. I'm just kidding, nothing scares me."
- "I just hope I don't have to fight with that smiling robot. I'm just kiddin' he-he's fine. Everyone's fine."
- "Alright, let's do this. It'll be fun! If not, well, y' know, we all make bad choices, you live, you learn..."
- "Not gonna lie, I'm pretty good at this. Okay, I-I do lie. But not this time!"
- "The ring isn't really complex but it can be a little complicated. Wait, what'd I just say?"
- "This match is gonna be extra-vagah...extr..ext, extravagant! That's the word."
- "Y'know, this match is gonna be extrah, extragavent, uh, extra... e-extravagant! That's it."
- "I got this thing in the box! Or is it.. is it 'the bag'? ..Y'know, whatever the case, we're winnin'."
- "Excited to see you all in the ring"
- "Anyone wanna take me out? Come find me."
- Anyone wanna take me out? Come find me. I'll buy the drinks."
- "I didn't get here alone. I defeated a lot of people to get here."
- Y'know, I didn't get here alone. Man, I defeated a lot of people to get here."
- "You're gonna see a lot of me."
- "I-I'm speechless! Actually, I wrote a speech- y' know what, forget it, let's just fight."
- "This is good, this is good, let's fight!"
- "Come back if you're ever looking for a Mirage à trois. That's where you fight three of me at once. Pretty sure that's what that means."
- ▶️"Of all the fights, this was a pret—predesc—a parduh... pr-predicular—it was a really good one, is what I'm trying to say."
- ▶️ "Of all the fights, this one was parti—a predi—predibum... it was a really good fight, this one, was."
- ▶️ "You better not come back to haunt me. (aside) Man, I hate when that happens."
- ▶️ "You better not come back to haunt me! I hate when that happens."
- ▶️ "Most of the time, one is better than the other... And both of me are better than you."
- ▶️ "Don't blame yourself, I deserve the credit!"
- ▶️ "Ah, you should've known fighting me is... is presposter—prespr—ah... pres... is dumb."
- ▶️ "You should've known fighting me is prepeh—pehprehsturus... is dumb."
- ▶️ "Good fight, good fight."
- ▶️ "Hey you jumped, you ran, you shot a thing maybe, but, then you met me and well, here we are."
- ▶️ "Hey you jumped, you ran, you shot a thing maybe, and then you met me, and... well here we are."
- ▶️ "I gotcha."
- ▶️ "Yeah. I gotcha."
- ▶️ "I gotta admit... I MAY have tricked you. Phew, glad I got that off my chest."
- ▶️ "Y'know I gotta admit... I may have tricked you. Glad I got that off my chest."
- ▶️ "I'm good! But, there's two of me. So I'm good twice! Check out that math."
- ▶️ "I'm good, but there's two of me. So I'm good TWICE! Boom, check out that math."
- ▶️ "I'm good, I'm good. What can I say? Did I say I'm good? Well, I am."
- ▶️ "I'm good, I'm good. What can I say? Did I say that I'm good 'cause... well, I am."
- ▶️ "If you ever want tips, just give me a call!"
- ▶️ "It's not all that bad! I mean the suns out, it's a nice day, y' know... just trying to be hopeful."
- ▶️ "It's not all that BAD, the suns out, it's a nice day... just trying to be hopeful."
- ▶️ "This was just a lovely time, thank you for this."
- ▶️ "Free tip, just try a little bit harder. You almost had it!"
- ▶️ "Free tip: Just try a little bit harder. Y'know you almost had it."
- ▶️ "Trust me, losing ain't that bad. I mean you learn something new every time! 'Least... that's what I've been told. I wouldn't know what that's like."
- ▶️ "Trust me, losing ain't that bad, you learn something new every time! At least... that's what I've been told."
- ▶️ "I'll tell you this much, you did make me break a sweat. Little bit."
- ▶️ "I'll tell you this much, you DID make me break a sweat."
- ▶️ "No one had your back huh? I hate when that happens."
- ▶️ "Not bad, if I didn't have to kill ya, I'd hire ya."
- ▶️ "You lost this one. But it has nothing to do with your skills! Well-- 'cause you don't have any, I mean clearly."
- ▶️ "Yeah, you lost this one, but it has nothing to do with your skills! 'Cause—well—I mean you don't have any, clearly."
- ▶️ "Ah, boy, this... was rough for you. Ah, next time maybe."
- ▶️ "Ooh boy, this was rough for you! Ah, next time maybe."
- ▶️ "Well. This is... one way to make memories."
- ▶️ "You can't take this personally, it's just business. Personal business."
- ▶️ "I'm proud to have fought with you. I mean, seriously! I-- I mean it. (aside) Why doesn't anyone believe me...?"
- ▶️ "I'm proud to have fought with you! I'm serious. I-- I mean it. No one ever believes me!"
- ▶️ "Quite the predemis--! Predah—Predepicatio—Predi—Predicamina? It's a bad situation."
- ▶️ "Wow, that's quite the predemis—Pruh—Preh... Predicam—uh... It's a bad situation for you."
- ▶️ "Listen, quitting is for losers and since... you already lost, well there's... really no point in giving up now."
- ▶️ "Listen, quitting is for losers! And since you already lost I mean there's... no point in giving up now."
- ▶️ "Hey, sometimes you lose... Sometimes you're me."
- ▶️ "Sometimes you lose, sometimes you're me."
- ▶️ "I'm so sorry to make you wait. I meant to beat you much faster."
- ▶️ "I'm so sorry to make you wait, I--I mean to beat you... much faster!"
- ▶️ "Oh sorry, did I confuse you?"
- ▶️ "Sorry, did I confuse you?"
- ▶️ "You gotta take the good, with the bad. I'm good, you're bad."
- ▶️ "Hey, thank you for this. I feel much better about myself now."
- ▶️ "Thank you for this, I feel MUCH better about myself now."
- ▶️ "Wasn't the thrill of victory in itself, really? Yeah, probably not."
- ▶️ "Wasn't the thrill of victory in itself? Eh, probably not, you're dead."
- ▶️ "Until we meet again, buddy."
- ▶️ "We had fun! ...Right? I mean I had fun."
- ▶️ "Hey, we had fun. Right?"
- ▶️ "Listen, you chose to fight me. Or... maybe was it the other way around? Ah, whatever, I won."
- ▶️ "Listen, you chose to fight me. Or... maybe was it the other way around? Oh well! I won."
- ▶️ "Hey, you did good! I think you did good, I mean... Well maybe not THAT good, after all... I mean... Look at you. Heh. Okay, bye!"
- ▶️ "Hey, you did good. I think you did good, I mean, well—maybe not that good after all... considering... okay, goodbye."
- ▶️ "Hey, at least you didn't lose to the ring. I know a guy, I'll... tell you the story sometime."
- ▶️ "Hey, at least you didn't lose to the ring. Right?"
- ▶️ "You got bamboozled!"
- ▶️ "If you ask me, you weren't... half bad. That means... you were half good!"
- ▶️ "You know, if you ask me, you weren't half bad. Hey! That means you were half good!"
- ▶️ "Okay, I'll be nice. You weren't... too bad. There. I said it. You're welcome."
- ▶️ "This is how it goes: You win, you lose, you die, y--... you know, I guess that's it."
- ▶️ "Alright, this is how it goes. You win, you lose, you die, y--... I guess that's it, really."
- Chosen as Jumpmaster
- "Jumpmaster here. Good thing my buddies and I aren't afraid of heights.
- "Oh yeah, Master of the Jump right here."
- Dropping as Jumpmaster
- "Follow the leader!"
- "Follow the leader. Or don't, whatever as long as we win."
- "Yeah - now we're talking. Let's do this.
- Skydive Emote
- "Pirouette! It's not a pirouette. I call it a pirouette."
- "Check this out!"
- Attacking enemy
- "Opening fire."
- Hitting an enemy
- "Got 'em."
- (with Heirloom) Heirloom: Wink. / Bam-bam-bamboozle. / Badda-boink
- Downed any enemy
- "Downed an enemy."
- Consecutively downed another enemy
- "They're droppin' - downed another."
- Killed an enemy
- "Aww yeah. My biggest fan's gonna love that. Talkin' about my mom."
- "Haha. Guns? Who needs guns? I don't need guns."
- "Oh, sorry. looks like I didn't know my own strength. Sorry."
- "Woo! Oh, man, that was amazing. I think I'm hyper-hyperbobling - I think I'm hypervent - I've had a really good time here."
- "Woo! Oh, man, that was amazing. I think I'm hyper-hyper-hybibin - I'm havin' a really good time here."
- Last enemy from a squad killed
- "I think that was the whole squad. Last just guy just kinda... dropped."
- "Ladies and Gentlemen, we got 'em. We wiped the squad."
- "Ok that must just have been the last one 'cause no one's revenging or whatever."
- "Whoa. They just... died. Guess, that was the last one."
- Taking damage
- "Shots fired -- and they're hitting me."
- "Getting shot at."
- Third partied
- "Woah, we got another squad incoming."
- "Woah! We got another Squad here."
- "Just gotta patch myself up."
- "One sec - healin' up."
- Recharging shields
- "Giving my shields a recharge."
- "I'm down."
- "Bad news, I'm down."
- Reviving Squadmate
- "Mirage here to save the day."
- "I guess I owe you dinner now, huh?"
- [by Crypto] "Wait, oh nooo… Oh… you couldn't have just let me die, Crypto? So… so dumb…"
- "Here I come! Mirage to the rescue… after being rescued.."
- "Here I come! Mirage to the rescue... after being rescued, thanks for that."
- Deploying Mobile Respawn Beacon
- "Respawn Beacon deployed for who-whoever."
- Thermite Grenade thrown
- "Thermite Grenade out."
- "Throwing a Thermite Grenade."
- Pinging location in dropship
- "Maybe we land here, or maybe we don't, I'm fine with whatever."
- "Might be something good here."
- "Let's check out over there."
- "Heard that"
- "Loud ‘n Clear"
- [to Crypto]"Don't tell me what to do...but yes."
- [to Crypto]"Okay, but you're just following me backwards."
- [to Crypto]"Okay, but you're just following me backwards. That's how this works."
- [to Crypto]"Yeah, fine. I'll make sure you don't die."
- You’re Welcome
- "You my friend, are very welcome"
- "No thanks needed. I do take bribes though"
- [to Revenant] "If the scary murderbot doesn't want to say thank you, scary murderbot doesn't have to. (laughs) Please don't kill me."
- [to Revenant] "(nervous laughs) Oh, you… I love our banter… (nervous laughs) He's gonna eat me, isn't he?"
- [to Revenant] "(nervous laughs) Oh, you… I do love our banter… (nervous laughs) He's gonna eat me, isn't he?"
- Me too / Join
- "You're not leaving me behind."
- "Looting over here"
- "Maybe some loot over there. I'll check for us."
- Going here
- "Not running away, just checking out over here."
- "Going to check out over here."
- "Might be something good there."
- [with Crypto] "Gonna explore over here… maybe find out Crypto's real identity. Spread it around town… Yeah, I'm just kiddin'. I don't care."
- Canceled Ping
- "Never mind. Sorry."
- "Never mind, forget that."
- "I'm gonna cancel that."
- Pinging Enemy
- "Hostile right here. Right in front of me."
- "Got a bad guy."
- "Bad guy over there."
- "Enemy spotted. They look small."
- Extended supply bin
- "Expanded Supply Bin for expanded opportunities."
- Pinging Geyser
- "Geyser there. Water will carry our combined weight... right?
- "Got a Hop-Up here. Double Tap Trigger. Did somebody say doubling? I-I know, I said that."
- "Got a Hop-Up here. Double-Tap Trigger. Did somebody say Doubling? Cause, I make… I said that, actually…"
- Vault Key
- (when picked up) "Who's got two thumbs and a Vault Key? - This guy, heh heh, you get it."
- "Got an enemy Black Market over here. Can't hurt to take a peek inside, right?"
- First Blood
- "Ooh, someone got the party started."
- New Kill Leader
- "Somebody's gotta take out that new kill leader -- they're too cocky."
- "New kill leader -- soon to be me."
- Appointed as New Kill Leader
- [with Crypto] "Well, well, well. Look who's the Kill Leader. Yeah? You see that, Crypto? Hey… hey, Crypto? You see? I'm a kill.. Yeah, he knows…"
- Squadmate appointed as New Kill Leader
- This - this is great news. You're the new Kill Leader and I'm still alive.
- Killed the Kill Leader
- "Kill Leader killed - more like Kill...um...I got nothin'. Good Work, everybody."
- Champion eliminated
- "Some champion, huh?"
- Care Package Being Delivered
- "Check it out - Care Package coming in."
- [with Crypto] "Care Package… They found you, Crypto! Run! (laughs) I'm just bustin' your pork chops, you paranoid weirdo."
- Next ring far
- "Next Ring's far, hope you like exercise."
- One minute until far Ring closure
- "Kids, the ring's closing in one minute."
- One minute until nearby Ring closure, alone
- "A whole minute left, and the Ring's right there? Man, I'm good."
- 45 seconds until nearby Ring closure
- "Ring's close. 45 seconds."
- 30 seconds until nearby Ring closure
- "Pay attention, gang. Not far from the Ring. We got 30 seconds left."
- Ring closure in progress
- "Ring's moving."
- Inside next ring
- "Already in the next ring, I smell victory, smells like... man what does that smell like?"
- Using Psyche Out
- "And bam goes the boozle! Hah... oh boy."
- "Bam goes the boozle."
- "Bam to the woozle. Sending out a decoy."
- "Bam to the woozle. (laugh) Yeah, sending out a decoy."
- "Bam, there goes a boozle. Or something like that."
- "Bam, there goes a boozle. Or something like that. I didn't… Ok…"
- "Hah. Bamboozles for the fool-zles. Yeah I said it.
- "Bamboozles for the fool-zles. Yeah it was better in my mind."
- "Bamboozles for the fool-zles. Y'know, it was better in my mind."
- "Bam to the bam. I'm running out of ideas."
- "Bam, bam. Guess I'm running out of ideas."
- "I think this place needs a little more... Me."
- "I think this place needs a little more... Me! Yep!"
- "Faking 'em out with a decoy."
- "Get out there and bamboozle."
- "Go bizoomble b-bamboozuh, bam, bamboo... fool 'em!"
- "Go bamboozle!"
- "Go out and bamboozle 'em."
- "Sending out a decoy."
- "Sending out my decoy."
- "Sending a decoy. Wait how do I know I'm not the decoy..."
- "Sending a decoy. Wait how do I know I'm not the decoy? Existential."
- "Sending out another me. Damn he's good looking."
- "Sending out another me. Damnit he's good looking."
- Decoy is hit
- "You got bamboozled!"
- "You got bamboozled, look at you!"
- Using Life of the Party
- "Decoy escape deployed."
- "Using the decoy escape."
- "It's Dupes O'Clock."
- "Dupes to the rescue."
- "Dupes O'Clock."
- Incoming Airstrike
- "Watch it - airstrike."
- "Airstrike coming in."
- Disabled by Silence
- "Abilities are kaput. Feeling a little visible here."
- Audio Log
- On Mirage Voyage when party is started
- "Here we go!"
- "All aboard!"
- Inspecting Heirloom
- Heirloom: "Don't let the size fool you - I've still got the biggest ego I've ever seen."
- Mirage: "Haha… I can't get enough of this. Everyone should have one. It should be a law, actually."
- Heirloom: "Hey there - I'd give you 3 wishes, but, let's be honest - They all 3 just came true. Wink, wink, and wink."
- Mirage: "Oh this is just great… mom's gonna love this."
- Heirloom: "(In pain) OW OW OW WHY -- Oh, I'm just kidding. But ouch, though, seriously… pull easier…"
- Mirage: "Oh isn't this thing just the cutest? Reminds me of… me."
- Heirloom: "Alright, the best looking action figure in the Outlands - Buy me now!"
- Mirage: "Wait, do i really sound like that? No wonder everyone loves me."
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mirage's abilities are derived from Titanfall 2's Holo Pilot and Cloak abilities. This was especially apparent at launch, when cloaking rendered Mirage as a faint white silhouette rather than making him completely invisible.
- Mirage's room in the dropship, as seen in the Season 3 trailer and in the 'Humble Witt' loading screen, contains several pieces of Mirage fanart from real-life fans of Apex Legends.
- Next to a rock near the Mirage Voy’age, there is an audio log of Mirage talking with his mother, suggesting Evelyn Witt to have dementia or Alzheimer’s disease.
- According to Wattson, Mirage's Holo equipment wasn't waterproof, but it was confirmed that it is now.
- Mirage is mixed race.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Mirage's profile on Finding Solace.
Quotes about Mirage.
More quotes about Mirage.
Concept art of Mirage.
Another Painting of Mirage found in the Mirage Voyage.
References[edit | edit source]