March 19, 2019 Patch
|March 19, 2019 Patch|
|The new legend, Octane|
|Previous patch||March 06, 2019 Patch|
|Next patch||March 22, 2019 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New Legend: Octane
- Added the game's first Battle Pass which costs 950. The Battle Pass Bundle, which also unlocks the next 25 levels instantly, costs 2,800
Legends[edit | edit source]
- Double Time: Reduced move speed bonus from 40% to 30%.
- Nox Gas Trap:
- Reduced cooldown of Traps from 30 to 25 seconds.
- Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%.
- Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players.
- Nox Gas Grenade: Reduced cooldown from 2:30 to 2:00 seconds.
- Defensive Bombardment: Fixed a bug where your teammates wouldn't be affected by Shell Shock. This was meant to be the same as Bangalore's ultimate.
- Patched up the hole we found in Gibraltar’s shield.
- Combat Medic: Fixed issue where the revive shield wouldn’t stay put while on a moving platform.
- D.O.C. Heal Drone:
- Fixed bug where occasionally the drone would stay connected to a player but not heal them.
- Limited the amount of drones that can connect to a player to 2.
- Care Package: Removed slight chance that level 4 armor and helmets will appear on the Care Package.
- Insider Knowledge: Increased the number of beacons in the world 10-> 12.
- Fixed Pathfinder’s Zipline Gun not deploying when jumping.
- Pathfinder can now grapple ziplines.
- Fixed the exploit where you could do infinite wallclimb using Pathfinder’s Grappling Hook.
- Into the Void: Cooldown increased from 20 to 25 seconds.
Weapons and Consumables[edit | edit source]
- M-600 Spitfire: Fixed ADS view on Legendaries partially obscured by custom geo. (The Continuum, The Heavy Construct)
- Fixed players being able to shortcut weapon swap by changing stance.
- Fixed players being able to shortcut Peacekeeper rechamber sequence.
- Fixed inaccurate auto ranging fullscreen (sniper) optics when base FOV is not set to default
- Fixed ADS view being blocked when using Caustic legendary skins with certain weapon/ optic combos
- Fixed bug where Devotion audio sometimes wouldn’t accurately reflect rate of fire.
- Digital Threat optics: threat highlights are now more visible (slightly brighter; no longer affected by TSAA)
Stability and Performance[edit | edit source]
- Improved stability for various GPU configurations.
- Introducing better reporting when Apex crashes on PC without error message.
- Capped PC FPS to 300 to balance improving stability but still letting you folks enjoy those sweet frames.
- Addressed issue with PS4 crashes due to running out of memory.
- Fixed issue where we were seeing server stability issues sometimes caused by purchasing items while matchmaking.
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Added "Swap LT/RT & LB/RB" / "Swap L1/R1 & L2/R2") toggle in the Controller Button Layout settings.
- Added "Sprint View Shake" setting under the Video tab.
- Added "Trigger Deadzones" setting under the Controller tab.
- Added "Advanced Look Controls" settings submenu under the Controller tab.
- When you relinquish the Jumpmaster position to another player you will now hear your Legend’s VO line in addition to the new Jumpmaster. The third player won’t hear it though.
- Improved mantling from a grapple point.
- We’ve added D-pad navigation as a convenience in most of the menus. Our hope is this will speed up browsing and improve accessibility.
- UI improvements to the KO Shield
- Shield bar drains to indicate the remaining health of the shield.
- When you have a Gold KO Shield and are down, we’ve added an effect to the label that reminds you that you can self revive.
- We saw that the Ring indicator that appears when players are viewing the whole map wasn’t accurately showing the player’s position so we fixed that.
- Character animations while taking damage now accurately reflect the direction the damage is coming from.
- Reduced skybox fog.
- Adjusted the code for Supply Bins so they are less likely to kill players. If you do still get killed by one please let us know!
- Made it so push-to-talk is no longer on when a chat box is active.
- LT/RT no longer switches between players in spectator mode while the map is open.
- Updated the minimap to more accurately reflect the geo and points of interest on the main map.
- Added accessibility option to modify the subtitle size.
- Improvements / fixes for color blind players:
- Added better color blind support for Blood Hound’s Threat Vision.
- Colorblind colors per setting are now displayed in the settings menu.
- Colorblind settings moved from Video Settings to Gameplay -> Accessibility. They are now applied on the fly.
- Enemy pings now use proper enemy color instead of only using red.
- Added Razer Chroma Support.
Audio[edit | edit source]
- Adding sound FX to the UI for the key binding menu.
- Turned down volume when Wraith activates a portal.
- Turned down the end sounds on the Peacekeeper charged shot.
- Turned down the draw/holster sound slightly for thermite grenades.
- Fixed audio bug where sometimes the zipline sounds FX would keep playing after disembarking.
UI[edit | edit source]
- General polish to game UI fixing some grammar issues, improved navigation, and composition of elements.
- Updated dashboard images for Season 1 on PC, Xbox and PS4.
- Updated Main Menu with new Season 1 art.
- Updated the Lobby visuals for Season 1.
- Added Report a Player feature for cheating and abuse on PC and Consoles.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Patched up some issues with missing geo on Kings Canyon and fixed a few spots where players were getting stuck.
- Fixed a bug where occluded sounds would sometimes sound unoccluded.
- Fixed script errors that could occur during the skydive.
- Fixed a script error that could happen when removing attachments on holstered weapons.
- Fixed PC users constantly switching weapons while scrolling through items in a Death Box.
- Fixed issue where a player’s name would not show up when they send a message that reached the character limit.
- Fixed bug where sometimes the Champion screen resolution would be stretched in widescreen resolutions.
- Fixed bug where sometimes the client could crash when opening Apex Packs one right after the other.
- Fixed rare issue where a player could get stuck on the drop ship and be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players would get stuck in map geometry while skydiving from the dropship or Jump Towers.
- Fixed bug where players could still shoot even after being downed.
- Fixed a bug with the HUD where sometimes the Heal Bar would stay up if the heal was cancelled right after it was started.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes the audio would continue to play sound FX for the Knockdown Shield even after it’s been destroyed.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players could get disconnected when unplugging their controller during a game.
- Fixed bug where sometimes you couldn’t fire the Peacekeeper after riding a zip line.
- Fixed issue where sometimes the skybox fog would not appear while spectating after you died.
- Fixed bug where Banner Cards would show through walls occasionally when viewed through a very high FOV.
- Fixed some odd light flickering that was happening on the ballon flags attached to Jump Towers.
- Fixed bug where sometimes a player’s Banner Card would not show up after character select.