|“||They call us Legends… that’s good for them, but I couldn’t care less. I’m not here for the title. After the war, many people were left with nothing. If you ask me, it doesn’t matter what side they were on. We all had our own part in the war. No one is truly innocent, so we all deserve help. Like I said, I don’t care about the title, but don’t let that fool you, I am here to win...for them. The Legends are out there...they just don’t know it yet.||„|
|Real Name||Ajay Che|
|Tactical Ability||D.O.C. Heal Drone|
|Passive Ability||Combat Medic|
|Ultimate Ability||Care Package|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Mela Lee|
Lifeline is a legend that is free and is unlocked immediately in the base game.
A Support Legend with healing abilities, Lifeline is a Legend best for keeping her team alive and up in a firefight. Her D.O.C. Heal Drone is great for keeping allies alive or quickly healing them after a fight. Her Combat Medic passive allows her to quickly revive teammates behind an indestructible cover, this also allows her to use healing items faster. Lastly, when her ultimate is ready, she can call in helpful Gear with her fan-favorite Care Package
Biography[edit | edit source]
Ajay Che isn't someone you would expect to find in the Apex Games. Once the child of wealthy war profiteers, she left home when she learned of the damage her family had caused and enlisted in the Frontier Corps, a humanitarian organization that aids Frontier communities in need. She's since devoted her life to helping others and joined the Apex Games to fund the Frontier Corps with her winnings.
Since no one in the Games is innocent — they all know what they signed up for — and every one of her victories means help for those in need, Lifeline has no problem engaging in the popular bloodsport. Or so she tells herself. She may seem sarcastic and callous, but deep down she wants to help people and make the world a better place. If that means taking a few people down in the process, so be it.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
D.O.C. Heal Drone[edit | edit source]
|D.O.C. Heal Drone|
|Description||Call your Drone of Compassion to automatically heal nearby players over time.|
- Places a hovering healing drone which heals all players within 3 meters.
- Heals 7.5 health per second and lasts 20 seconds, for a potential 150 health restored per target.
- Players can push the drone around by walking into it, and if it goes over a cliff it falls very slowly.
- Can be destroyed by The Ring.
- Drone should generally be used liberally to help recently revived allies recover their health faster, or to conserve their medkits.
- Drop the drone while performing other actions where you aren't moving much to accomplish two things at once. For example, use it...
- ...while fighting and behind cover.
- ...before/while replenishing shields to recover both shields and health at the same time.
- ...on top of enemy body-boxes after finishing a fight so that you and your allies can heal while looting.
- ...on top of a rez beacon or a downed ally so you can heal while channeling to revive them.
- If an injured ally is far away but running to Lifeline, it is possible to drop the drone early so that Lifeline can advance in position while the ally runs to the drone for health.
- Avoid using the drone mid-air; it might never reach the ground, and if it does not reach the ground, then it will never start healing anyone.
- Push the drone slowly by waking into it, use this to cover a bit of distance or reposition slightly while healing.
- The drone can also be more strongly bumped around by certain effects such as sprint-sliding into it, or explosive effects, but these are harder to predict.
- Sometimes the D.O.C. Heal Drone has environment interaction issues. Causing the Heal Drone to go through a Door, Wall, Crate, etc.
Combat Medic[edit | edit source]
|Description||Revive knocked down teammates faster while protected by a shield wall. Healing items are used 25% faster.|
- Generates a shield wall roughly in front of Lifeline whenever she is in the act of reviving a teammate. If she cancels or completes the revive, the shield wall will dissipate immediately.
- Lifeline revives allies in only 4 seconds, faster than the normal 5 seconds it takes for all other Legends.
- All consumable healing items ( Syringes, Shield Cells, etc.) take 75% as long to use, compared to other legends.
- Each consumable item's use time is reduced as follows:
- The Legendary Body Shield's 50% faster healing does not stack with Combat Medic's 25%.
- Despite having a fast revive and a shield to block shots, it is generally better to not revive allies in the middle of a fight without cover due to the high probability that they get downed again immediately afterward.
- The shield wall blocks bullets, grenades, and explosions, but does not impede player movement. Players can pass through the shield wall as if there was nothing there.
- To get the most of this ability, try to revive teammates behind/near cover or in conjunction with Gibraltar's dome shield.
- The shield is highly visible through Bangalore's smoke or Caustic's gas.
- Because the shield wall is so visually obvious, it can potentially betray Lifeline by revealing her exact position in a situation where enemies would not have otherwise seen her, and/or by telling enemies that she is in the act of reviving when she might have been running or healing instead.
- The shield wall makes a slight humming/buzzing noise while active.
- Use the D.O.C. Heal Drone to heal recently-revived allies, and/or to heal yourself as you revive them.
- Due to her faster healing, Lifeline should use shield cells (and/or shield batteries) aggressively during fights, even more so than other legends.
Care Package[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||360 seconds|
|Description||Call in a drop pod with a combination of 3 high-quality attachments, consumables, and/or gear.|
- Care Packages come with 3 item slots, each slot containing one of the following:
- Slot 1 (right slot relative to where the care package was called): Level 3 Body Shield, Helmet or Knockdown Shield.
- Slot 2 (left slot): Shield Cells, Shield Batteries, Syringes, Medkits and Phoenix Kits.
- Slot 3 (front slot): Level 3 Weapon Attachments, 4x-10x Digital Sniper Threat or a 1x Digital Threat.
- Lifeline Care packages will never contain Care Package Weapons like the Mastiff, Kraber or the Devotion.
- Unlike natural air drops, Lifeline's care packages are blue, and are not marked on the map or announced. They still emit a blue light when unopened.
- Takes 15 seconds to land once called in.
- While not as flashy as some other legend's ultimates, the high chance of getting Epic-tier Body Shields is worth its weight in gold especially if your squad hasn't had the good fortune to get anything above Common, as well as supplying Shield Cells and Medkits if they have been depleted after a particularly grueling fight.
- Can be used as cover in an area with low covers, or as a stepping stone in order to climb up to greater heights.
- Lifeline's team should prioritize pinging out and giving her most if not all of the Ultimate Accelerants they find, at least in the early-mid game.
- Lifeline can use her Care Package on Round 8 to take up nearly all the space in the final area, provide cover and can be used to climb up to safety as the chaos unfolds.
- Care Package should generally be used as soon as it comes off cooldown unless your team is worried about enemies being very close by or if your team is running from something dangerous.
- Lifeline care packages are very obvious and can thus compromise your team's exact position. Be on guard when using it, as nearby enemies may decide to come running over.
- This issue is exacerbated in the very late-game with 2-3 squads remaining, where a small circle makes getting ambushed that much more likely.
- Conversely, this can be used to Lifeline's advantage, as bait: Lifeline could use the package away from her team to mislead enemies, or in a spot where her team can watch the care package and ambush whoever comes.
- If anyone is standing underneath the package as it drops, they will be crushed. This affects allies and enemies alike.
Low Profile[edit | edit source]
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 51 legend skins for Lifeline; 10 Legendary, 7 Epic, 18 Rare and 16 Common.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Heirloom Set[edit | edit source]
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Shock Batons.
- A Banner Pose.
- An Intro Quip.
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "Breathe easy, watch your side, and never quit."
- "Get ready... today's not gon' be easy."
- "Go on, try to stop me!"
- "You and me, let's take this win."
- "Come on, we've got work to do."
- "We've got a job to do, so shift your carcass."
- "I'm ready. Let's get the job done."
- "This is gonna be a good fight."
- "It's time to impress."
- " . I'm ready for a match."
- " . All good wit me."
- "Ready to go, "
- " ain't afraid of much, but losing? That would be a drag."
- "I got your back. "
- "We're in this together. Memba that."
- "If you're with me, I'm with you."
- "Pay attention. Ya might learn a thing or two."
- "Big things are comin' for us."
- "This place is somethin' else. Let's go!"
- "It's only over when it's over."
- ". Ajay Che's comin' through."
- "Bring it. Ajay Che will be waitin' for ya down there."
- "I'd watch out for my squad if I were you."
- "Quit ya whinging and fight."
- "Ya bet' not romp with me."
- "Accept it! I'm here, you're not."
- "Ain't afraid of you, ya hear me?"
- ". All good for me."
- "Ya better hope you're with me."
- "Don't worry, it's easy. Bleed, patch, and keep moving."
- "Champion, challenger, means little if ya die."
- "A win don't come easy. For you."
- "I've seen it all. Today, no different."
- "You're lookin' at a fighter. What am I lookin' at?"
- "Move it or quit."
- "'Member this face. It's comin' for ya."
- "Want advice? Stay out of my way."
- "It takes a lot to take me out."
- "Wanna be here? Take me out."
- "[chuckles] Ya ain't that bright if ya wanna take me on."
- "Brush it off. Ya lost this one."
- "They don't just call me Lifeline because I save a life..."
- "Don't blame yourself. You got a whole squad that failed you."
- "This skill takes experience and strength. I have both."
- "Giving up is no thing I will do."
- " good for ya."
- "Good match!"
- "I came to win. You didn't."
- "I had a job to do."
- "Don't be shocked. I know what I'm doin'."
- "I won this one."
- "'Member this: I'm the one you should have concerns about."
- "It's a feelin' to win."
- "It's all skill."
- "It's just a loss. Take it."
- "Breathe easy. It's over for you."
- "You listen to me. It's over."
- "Losing, that's a drag."
- "Never quit. That's how you win."
- "Next time. Next time you'll do better."
- ". Not today."
- "No support? That's a shame."
- "Not your day."
- "In the future, pay more attention. It'll do you good."
- "Quit your whinging."
- "Take this as motivation. Be better."
- "Take this loss with pride."
- "Thank you. You made me just a little bit better."
- "This is just how it is."
- "This is my win, 'member that."
- "This is not my first time."
- "Use the pressure. It's the only way to survive."
- "Come on, use your head."
- "What happens to you happens to you. That's good for you."
- "Winning, now that's a good feelin'."
- "You're gonna need to work a bit harder next time."
- "Breathe easy. You lost this one."
- "You lost. Take it."
- "Your skill wasn't half bad! 'Member that."
- "Your team let you down, ."
- "Your time has ended."
- Deploying D.O.C.
- "Health drone, if ya need it."
- Reviving a teammate
- "I've got ya. Shield's up."
- "Setting shield. Healin' ya."
- Calling in a Care Package
- "Calling in a Lifeline Package!"
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lifeline is friends with Octane and was the one who procured his bionic legs, albeit unwillingly. Both come from the same planet, Psamathe.
- Lifeline's bandanna features the logo of Kodai Industries, a company that operates mining facilities in Titanfall 1 and 2.
- When Lifeline is the last one alive on her squad, special voice lines will be triggered when using her tactical and ultimate ability:
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Lifeline climbing an icy mountain.
A letter from a fan.
Early concept art of Lifeline.
Concept art of Lifeline.
Concept art of the D.O.C. Heal Drone.
References[edit | edit source]