|“||Hm... Son, you think you've got what it takes? They call us Apex Legends. But not all legends are heroes. Each fight for their own reasons. From the ashes of war, legends are born. They are icons of strength, power. Outside the ring, they're champions. Inside, they're equals. But the goal remains the same, become an Apex Legend. I say it's a sport of survival. You ask me? It's simple, eh. They kill you, they're better. You kill them, you're better.|
|— Kuben Blisk throughout the cinematic launch trailer|
Legends are playable characters in Apex Legends. Each legend is a unique character with their own backstory, abilities, and playstyle. Most legends need to be unlocked by using Legend Tokens or Apex Coins. A new legend is released every season.
Common Legend Abilities[edit | edit source]
Each legend is defined by their unique tactical ability, passive ability, and ultimate ability. They also have unique hitbox sizes. Some of them have passive perks to accommodate for these differences.
However, the following are common to all legends (unless modified by their abilities):
- Legends can sprint, jump, crouch, crouch walk, slide, and climb walls up to 5-6 meters tall.
- Using their waist-mounted jetpacks, legends can skydive from high altitudes and boost themselves along zip lines.
- Legends can equip two weapons of any type, as well as one of each kind of gear.
- Legends have 10 slots in their inventory that they can use to carry ammo, regen items, grenades, or spare attachments. Equipping Backpacks adds more slots.
- Legends can melee attack at any time. It has a short windup, but deals 30 damage and knocks enemies back a bit.
- When downed, legends can still crawl slowly and defend themselves with a Knockdown Shield if they have one. Squad mates that are still up can revive them.
- If killed while downed, legends drop a death box that contains all of the items they had, as well as a banner card that squad mates can use at a Respawn Beacon to bring them back.
- Legends can perform finishers on downed enemies, refueling their Body Shield and finishing off the target.
Offensive Legends[edit | edit source]
Offensive legends have aggressive abilities that are useful in combat.
Defensive Legends[edit | edit source]
Defensive legends can deny or fortify an area, making it safe for their squad.
Support Legends[edit | edit source]
Support legends can help the squad by providing healing, loot, etc.
Recon Legends[edit | edit source]
Recon legends can gather valuable intel, such as enemy whereabouts or the next ring location.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Pathfinder was originally classified under Support. He was moved to Recon at the start of Season 4.
- Forge was announced as the legend for Season 4, but it was a misdirect. Forge was killed by the true Season 4 legend, Revenant, in "Up Close and Personal".
- Some legends have an alternative descriptor on the official website.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Heirlooms, personalized cosmetic sets that legends have
- Town Takeover, a section of a map that is modeled after a legend