July 02, 2019 Patch
|July 02, 2019 Patch|
|Wattson in Relay|
|Previous patch||June 20, 2019 Patch|
|Next patch||July 05, 2019 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New Legend: Wattson
- New Weapon: L-STAR EMG
- New Battle Pass: see Season 2.
- New Game Mode: Ranked Leagues.
- Made several large changes to Kings Canyon.
Legends[edit | edit source]
- Eye of the Allfather
- Enemies scanned now are tracked in real time instead of leaving a ghost image behind. The tracking lasts for 1.5 seconds.
- Increased the angle of the scan to 110 from 90.
- Increased clue duration to 90 seconds from 60 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where energy weapons wouldn’t leave behind weapon fired clues.
- Fixed a bug where movement clues would sometimes not be generated.
- Fixed bug where players wouldn’t create movement evidence markers unless they were sprinting.
- Fixed bug where sometimes energy weapons wouldn’t create ‘weapon fired’ evidence markers.
- Vanishing Act: Mirage can now cancel out of his ultimate cloak early. Has a small delay when disabling cloak.
- Fixed a bug that caused throwable items to bounce off a jump pad without actually touching it.
- Updated the hit box to better conform with the base model.
- Wraith’s Heirloom will now more reliably show its lightning visualFX.
- Fixed bug where Wraith’s jetpack boosters could still be seen while phasing.
- Fixed issue where in some rare cases, performing a Finisher while down player is entering a Wraith Portal.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to place extra Dimensional Portals.
Weapons and Consumables[edit | edit source]
- Increased the VK-47 Flatline's Base Damage from 16 to 19.
- Increased the P2020's Base Damage from 12 to 13.
- Increased the Alternator SMG's Base Damage from 13 to 15.
- Increased the Kraber .50-cal Sniper's Base Damage from 125 to 145, Headshot damage scale from 2.0 to 2.05 and leg damage scale from 0.76 to 0.8.
- Increased recoil mitigation for all barrel attachments to the Alternator SMG.
- Reduced default mag sizes on the HAVOC, Triple Take and the Devotion.
- EVA-8 Auto: ADS recoil now resettles back to starting point instead of a randomized offset of the starting point.
- Rotated Gold Weapons for Season 2:
- Airdrop weapon spawn rates now change based on early/ mid/ late game. For example, early game will spawn more Krabers, end game will spawn more Mastiffs.
- Slightly increased the Kraber's Rarity.
- Shotgun max stack reduced from 64 to 16. Players now need multiple stacks of ammo to run a shotty.
- Energy max stack increased from 60 to 80; now matches Light/ Heavy ammo.
- Arc Star
- Increased ignition delay from 2.5 to 2.8 seconds.
- Sticking a full health player with no armor will now down them.
- Players at the edge of the explosion no longer get their shields completely shredded.
- Thermite Grenades: fixed an issue where players downed with thermite could be invincible to thermite after being revived.
- Added new Attachment for the Havoc Rifle, Triple Take and the Devotion LMG: Extended Energy Mag that increases magazine capacity.
- Added “Flash Hider” description to the Gold Barrel Stabilizer attachment. It always did this but the information wasn’t provided well so we added it to the description when inspecting the attachment.
- Added new Hop-Ups:
- Increased rarity of the Skullpiercer Rifling from Epic to Legendary.
- Decreased the choke time of the Triple Take from 1.5 to 1.1.
Stability and Performance[edit | edit source]
- General improvements to game stability related to various script errors.
- General optimizations to improve framerate.
- Improved performance when firing weapons, especially for multi-projectile weapons like shotguns and Triple Take.
- Improved melee hit detection on the hover tank while it’s moving.
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- When pinging a closed door, the player will now say “closed door here”.
- When pinging an open door, the player will now say “someone’s been here”.
- When a player requests a hop up, if the gun only accepts one kind of hop up, the player will callout that specific hop up they are looking for. If the gun accepts multiple hop ups, the player won’t vocalize it but all possible hop ups requested will show up in the obit feed.
- Arc Stars that are stuck to players should no longer fail to do damage when the part of the player it is stuck to is intersecting another object.
- Added improvements and polish to the Legend’s animations while skydiving.
- Large doors and Supply Bins can now be used while viewing them from more extreme angles.
- Slow Effects will now slow players equally regardless of their controller settings.
- Heal items will now more reliably show the correct model when switching between different types.
- Death Box rarity colors are now more visible from a distance.
- Made it so that your weapon won’t play its priming animation when you pull it out after skydiving.
- Apex will no longer swap from full screen to windowed mode automatically if you shift to focus on other applications while Apex is booting up.
UI[edit | edit source]
- Added a stats page.
- Made visual improvements to the Legends while in the Lobby and character select.
- “Send Friend Request” tool-tip now shows up when hovering over teammates Banners while viewing the “Squad Eliminated” screen and “Squads” tab during a match.
The Ring[edit | edit source]
- Ring Damage adjusted:
- Round 1: 2% damage taken per tick.
- Round 2: 5% damage taken per tick.
- Round 3: 10% damage taken per tick.
- Round 4: 20% damage taken per tick.
- Round 5: 20% damage taken per tick.
- Round 6 and beyond: 25% damage taken per tick.
- Ring Speed and size adjusted:
- First Circle starts closing after: 3 minutes. Time to close: 2 minutes.
- Second Circle starts closing after: 2 minutes 30 seconds. Time to close: 2 minutes.
- Third Circle starts closing after: 2 minutes 15 seconds. Time to close: 2 minutes.
- Fourth Circle starts closing after: 2 minutes. Time to close: 2 minutes.
- Fifth Circle starts closing after: 1 minute 30 seconds. Time to close: 1 minutes 40 seconds.
- Sixth Circle starts closing after: 1 minute 30 seconds. Time to close: 1 minutes 40 seconds.
- Seventh Circle starts closing after: 2 minutes. Time to close: 1 minute 20 seconds.
- Eighth Circle starts closing after: 20 seconds. Time to close: 1 minute 20 seconds.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Made improvements to voice chat for PC.
- Fixed issue with geometry sometimes flickering when viewed from a long distance.
- Fixed exploit where players could use weapon inspect to cancel out other weapon behaviors.
- Fixed issue with players seeing their Origin friends listed as offline when they aren’t.
- Fixed issue with skydive continuing to loop falling soundFX after landing.
- Fixed issue where you could lose your Steam friends list after restarting Apex on PC.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players would get a black screen during character select.
- Fixed a hit registration bug that could occur if you fired your weapon while being damaged by an enemy shotgun.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes load screens would not appear properly and players would temporarily see the training map before loading into a match.
- Fixed issue with players not always hearing selected quip dialogue when performing a finisher or being executed.
- Fixed issue with Apex not working correctly when SLI or Crossfire is enabled.
- Fixed bug with the consumables wheel sometimes appearing blank.
- Fixed bug where players would sometimes get stuck on the Battle Pass Level screen.
- Fixed bug where The Unlock button would be greyed out when it shouldn’t be when trying to view rewards.
- Fixed bug where players would sometimes be unable to exit the Battle Pass tab after selecting it from the Lobby.
- Fixed an exploit where players could jump while downed.
- Fixed issue where sometimes the client would crash to the Dashboard when entering character select on Xbox One.
- Fixed a bug where pinging a sniper stock in your inventory would show up as “looking for Grip”
- Fixed a bug that caused players and loot to begin sliding permanently or launching inconsistently onto Supply Ship surfaces after doing melee attacks against the Supply Ship walls.
- Fixed bug that could cause players to shift to a location under the map when switching between players while spectating.
- Fixed bug for cases where performing a melee attack while inspecting an item would cause the attack to slow down and not deal damage.
- [X1 only] Fixed bug where players were not being rewarded “The Player” achievement after hitting level 50. If you have reached level 50 and not received * it in the past it should now be awarded retroactively.
- Fixed the bug that sometimes caused Apex to crash when plugging a PS4 controller into your PC while the game is active.
- Fixed bug that caused an “Out of Bounds” warning and timer while riding the Supply Ship over certain areas of Kings Canyon.