January 05, 2021 Patch
|January 05, 2021 Patch|
|The new Fight Night Town Takeover|
|Previous patch||December 09, 2020 Patch|
|Next patch||January 07, 2021 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New event: Fight Night - runs Jan 05 to Jan 19
- New game mode: Airdrop Escalation Takeover, implemented into normal Apex - runs Jan 05 to Jan 19
- New Town Takeover: Pathfinder's Fight Night Ring
- New Loot MRVNs
- Added new heirloom for Gibraltar
Legends[note 1][edit | edit source]
- Gravity Lift: Increased effective cooldown from 16 seconds to 21 seconds.
- Amped Cover: Decreased cooldown from 30 seconds to 20 seconds.
Weapon and Loot Updates[edit | edit source]
- Reduced damage from 22 to 20.
- Spread out third and fourth pellets to decrease max range of 4 pellet hits (was ± 7.5°, now ± 10°).
- Increased reserve bullets from 175 to 210.
Ring Update[note 2][edit | edit source]
- Ring 5 is bigger (radius size increased from 1500 units to 2000 units). The time to close is the same.
- Ring 6 is the last ring. It will slowly close over 100 seconds somewhere near the center of Ring 5.
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Accelerants can now be used without opening your inventory. If your ultimate is not currently available, just press the button (or buttons, on a controller) to activate it, and you’ll pull out any stored Accelerant in your inventory and use it automatically.
- When in a lobby, if a party member leaves the lobby for any reason, all party members will be marked as “not ready.”[note 3]
- Added a “Mark All As Seen” button. Click to remove the red dots players see when earning a new cosmetic.
- Pinging the nearest Respawn Beacon (from spectate) will now always ping the nearest beacon unless you don’t have enough time to use it before the ring closes over it, instead of defaulting to the nearest beacon in the next safe ring.
- Now shows players how many treasure packs are needed to acquire the next comic page.[note 4]
- Caustic should now smash the door with his Death Hammer instead of his leg, if available.
- Added a small bit of information to the Find Friends box to describe a situation where your friend might not be findable because of their EA account settings.
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Rolling Thunder: Fixed an issue with Bangalore's missile passing through hatch doors when they are closed in World's Edge.
- Fixed an issue with his decoys not making footstep sounds.
- Surveillance Drone:
- Death Totem:
- Burglar's Best Friend: Fixed a lot of windows in World's Edge that prevented Loba's bracelet from passing through.
- Emplaced Minigun "Sheila":
- Fixed an issue that allowed Rampart to place Sheila while in the Phase Runner.
- Fixed an issue where UI elements stayed on screen after using Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with Horizon's abilities not affecting Lifeline's D.O.C. Heal Drone and Crypto's Surveillance Drone.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- Horizon’s Black Hole cooldown now doesn’t start until the ultimate ends.
- Added “Additional Platforms” while viewing a profile in the lobby.
- Fully kitted weapons now have a color in the background on the H.U.D., based on the rarity.
Designer Notes[edit | edit source]
- There’s nothing too meta-shaking around; we’re giving Season 7 some extra time to shake out. Horizon released strong, but not overpowered, and Rampart still needs overall power.
- In hopes of spreading out the chaos that can occur in final rings, we're making some tweaks to Rings 5 and 6.
- This should stop accidental launches into a match when your buddy dipped out for a second.
- This should just make it easier to people who are chasing the new bit of lore to know how far away they are.