|“||After the funeral, I stood in our kitchen, and it was so... quiet. I had dreamt of quiet like that, but now that I had it, I was terrified. And alone. I sat on the floor, and I know how silly this sounds, but I hid under the table. That was where they found me. Anita. Makoa. Ajay. Even Dr. Caustic, and he hates everybody. They’d just as soon stab each other in the back. Or the front. But they put that all aside. To support me. The electrician’s kid. I thought I knew what family was. But my equations were incomplete. My family is here. At the Games. And now it’s my turn to support them. With every last charge in me.||„|
|Real Name||Natalie Paquette|
|Height||5'4" (163 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Perimeter Security|
|Passive Ability||Spark of Genius|
|Ultimate Ability||Interception Pylon|
|Passive Perk||Low Profile|
|Voice Actor||Justine Huxley|
Another Defensive Legend with a slower playstyle, Wattson is a great defender of anything. Her Fences not only slow but damage enemies who attempt to storm your location by passing through them. Her Passive, Spark of Genius, fully recharges her ultimate ability with any Ultimate Accelerant, and will give you her Ultimate faster than any other legend. And when it is charged and ready, her Ultimate will stop all grenades, missiles, or anything else throwable from breaking into your base.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Natalie Paquette is a familiar face in the Apex Games, though for a different reason than most. Daughter of the Games’ lead electrical engineer Luc Paquette, she studied his manuals to stay close to him and discovered her calling at a young age. Though she could be completely distracted one moment and hyper-focused the next, electricity grounded her – its ordered, predictable flow made sense in a way the rest of the world didn’t.
She devoured every book she could on the subject, and eventually became such a skilled engineer that she was commissioned by the Syndicate to build the Apex Games’ Modified Containment Ring. Unfortunately, her father died the day it was revealed, leaving her alone. At her lowest moment, a group of competitors invited her to return to the arena with them, assuring her she would always have a home. She now fights alongside her friends in the arena she helped build, destroying incoming missiles, recharging shields, creating fences, and using her pylon to silence fights that get too loud. Nobody knows the arena better than Wattson – anyone who underestimates her is in for a shock.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Perimeter Security[edit | edit source]
|Description||Connect nodes to create electrified fences that damage and slow enemies. (Max:12)|
- Deploying a new node at the max amount will destroy the oldest node.
- Nodes must be within 20 meters to be able to create a fence between them.
- It stuns and damages enemies, and pings the breached fence's location. The damage is 10 each tick and the slow lasts roughly 1-2 seconds.
- A node can be connected with up to 2 other nodes at the same time. They can also be picked up to refund a charge.
- Fences will temporarily disengage when Wattson or her squadmates pass through them.
- Each node has 25 health.
- Doors that get in the way of a fence will shatter.
- Wattson can connect her own nodes to nodes placed by enemy Wattsons. The fence in between will belong to the Wattson who linked them.
- The fences can be damaged by an enemy Caustic's Nox Gas.
- The fences cannot be damaged by The Ring.
- The fences ignore Knockdown Shields health and will damage the health of those affected.
- Enemy Mirages can send decoys into the fence to determine your location.
- Gibraltar's Dome of Protection will block line of sight for nodes like any wall would.
- The fences are NOT traps. Like the name implies, the fences are to guard your flanks and alert you to enemies, slow them down or force them to a choke point your squad is guarding.
- Most of the time, your goal is not to get enemies to run into your fences. It's to scare them into avoiding a particular route.
- Hide the nodes behind cover and close to your Interception Pylon so enemies must approach to destroy the fences.
- You can use this ability offensively by using the fences to block any exits before attacking
- The fences don't require solid ground between nodes, so you can place them over gaps like stairways or vertical ziplines.
- Place fences around long ziplines. It's hard to shoot the nodes while ziplining, so most players will avoid taking them.
- When working with a Wraith, place fences through her Dimensional Rift to instantly electrocute enemies that chase you through it.
- Stand in the way of fences to disengage them and trick enemies into thinking it's safe to rush you down.
- Instead of making basic fences with two nodes to block doorways, get into the habit of making triangle fences with three nodes to block doorways. This way, the enemy or enemies will take twice the damage if they go through it.
Spark of Genius[edit | edit source]
|Spark of Genius|
|Description||Instead of charging a bit of your Ultimate, Ultimate Accelerants fully charge it, and standing near interception pylons boosts your Tactical Ability recharge.|
- Perimeter Security charges have 3-second cooldowns instead of 30 when near an Interception Pylon, made by either you or another Wattson.
- If you find an Ultimate Accelerant at the start of the match, pop it as it'll give Wattson so much more potential.
- It's best to carry at least one Ultimate Accelerant in your Inventory at all times.
- Try saving an Ultimate Accelerant for the last few rounds (especially on Rounds 5 or higher) as her abilities increase in utility as the play area shrinks.
Interception Pylon[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||180 seconds|
|Description||Place an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordnance and repairs damaged shields as long as it stands (Max:1).|
- Deploying a new interception pylon at the max amount will destroy the oldest pylon.
- Recharges around 2 shields per second.
- The Pylon has 150 Health.
- The Pylon is neutral and therefore can recharge enemy shields and shoot down your squad's ordnance. The shield recharge effect doesn't stack if there are other Pylons nearby.
- The Pylon won't protect you from any ordnance or airstrike if it hasn't got clear sight or if the ordnance has already landed.
- The Pylon can be destroyed by shooting it. It can also block doors and is climbable.
- Incoming ordnance include:
- The Pylon will not shoot down throwable objects, like Nox Gas Traps, D.O.C. Heal Drones, or Domes of Protection.
- The Pylon can be damaged by an enemy Caustic's Nox Gas Trap.
- The Pylon cannot be damaged by The Ring.
- If the Pylon has 101-150 Health, it will not be destroyed by Crypto's Drone EMP (EMP will damage it by 100). You'll be able to set up fences quickly again once the 1-2 second stun from the EMP ends.
- Gibraltar's Dome of Protection will block line of sight for the Pylon like any wall or cover would.
- The Pylon will still repair any damaged shields while in shadow form using Revenant's Death Totem.
- Hide the Pylon into a place where it cannot be shot like building corners.
- While fighting and behind cover and you're in need to heal, you can place a Pylon nearby and while using a consumable, you'll be regenerating shield health at the same time. This can also be done if you need to recover some shield health while reviving a teammate at the same time.
- Try saving a Pylon for the last few rounds (especially on Rounds 5 or higher) as her abilities increase in utility as the play area shrinks.
Low Profile[edit | edit source]
|Description||More difficult to hit, incoming damage increased by 5%.|
- Wattson takes extra damage because she’s hard to get to, not because she’s hard to hit. Wattson players should try to be less predictable than characters without this passive perk.
Cosmetic items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 51 legend skins for Wattson: 11 Legendary, 7 Epic, 17 Rare and 16 Common.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "All it takes is a single spark."
- "Control the charge, control the arena."
- "Even gunpowder needs a spark."
- "Fence them in, fence them out."
- "Fuses set and capacitors charged."
- "High power weapons, low power? How about, no power?"
- "I keep my squad mates insulated.
- "I know these territories like the back of my hand."
- "I'm ec-static to fight!" (laughs)
- "Keep calm and don't blow a fuse."
- "Let's break some circuits."
- "Let's calm the storm."
- "Let's get to work."
- "My coil produces 1.2 million volts."
- "My squad is my family."
- "Time to cut the power."
- "They call me the eye of the storm."
- "They go where I tell them to go."
- "This is more than a battlefield to me."
- "Be careful, I don't wear all this gear for nothing."
- "I never say die; I fight until it hertz." / "I never say die; I fight until it hertz. (laughs) I like that one."
- "I'm current-ly at the top of my game! Get it?"
- "My adversaries are in for a shock."
- "Papa would be proud of me."
- "You can't be afraid of the dark when you know how to control the light."
- "Don't feel bad. I'm pretty sure was leaving you coal anyway."
- "Didn't expect to see me up here, did you? They never do."
- "Electricity I get, people? I don't... That's how I got here."
- "Once a battle gets too noisy, I bring the silence."
- "It's difficult to win when I conduct the power."
- "I did it, Papa. I hope wherever you are, you're cheering for me."
- "I may not look like a fighter, but strength isn't everything."
- "My electric fences will herd you, like cattle."
- "My light shines bright."
- "Power is everything. You only think you have it."
- "Studying past combatants has served me well."
- "The best offense is a strong defense."
- "This is the only life I know."
- "To you, it's a gauntlet. To me, it's home, and I'll defend it to the end."
- "Wattage up! I'm recharged and ready to go!"
- "You may be stronger, but I'm smarter."
- "You're playing in my backyard now."
- "Your energy will return to the atmosphere. Hey, maybe that's what ghosts are!"
- "Time to hibernate for the winter."
- "Don't be afraid of the dark."
- "Sometimes, careful planning wins out over might."
- "Consider your circuit broken. Get it?" (laughs)
- "If there's one thing I know how to do, it's to cut the power."
- "We're just on different sides of the fence. "
- "Don't blame yourself. I knew where you would be."
- "Don't blow a fuse. Get it?"
- "Don't confuse my kindness for weakness."
- "Electrons are the same, but repel each other; you and I are no different."
- "Go towards the light."
- "I didn't see you coming... but my fence did."
- "You fought well, but I grew up in these territories."
- "I guess I found your off switch."
- "I've been watching combatants my whole life. I learned a few things."
- "Some live for the chaos of battle, I prefer restoring order."
- "I won Papa!"
- "I'm the one with the stronger current."
- "I'm tougher than I look."
- "It's either you or me. Those are the rules."
- "Death is just the halt of electrical impulses to the brain."
- "Lights out."
- "Look on the bright side, you got beat by a legend."
- "Many legends fall. Time for you to join them."
- "My suit is insulated, you're not."
- "Think of this as a permanent blackout."
- "Size and strength aren't everything."
- "Somebody has to lose. That's just how this works."
- "I'm sorry. Sometimes the power goes out, and never comes back on."
- "That's the last time you charge anybody."
- "This is the end of your electrical current."
- "The legends taught me everything I know. You? Not so much."
- "Shh, it's okay. The noise will stop now."
- "There are some nodes a current cannot travel through. Sorry." / "There are some nodes a current cannot travel through. "
- "This is how it has to be. I'm sorry."
- "This never gets any easier, but it's how the games works."
- "This went exactly how I planned it to."
- "You burned bright, but you burned out."
- "You can outrun me, but you can not outrun the current."
- "This is what happens when you cross the wrong fence."
- "You didn't expect this from me-- which is why you lost."
- "You fought hard, but I've been studying this place my whole life."
- "You get too close to a live wire, and you pay the price."
- "You underestimated me."
- Let's go!
- Let's go.
- Skydiving Emote
- Can't beat the view from up here!
- First Blood
- We took first blood. Our circuits work well together.
- That's the first of many lights to go out.
- First kill. On the bright side, it wasn't us.
- Downing an enemy
- I downed an adversary.
- I took an enemy down. Pretty good for an electrical engineer. No?
- And another one down.
- More down. It pays to have grown up around here.
- More enemies down.
- Killing an enemy
- I killed an enemy. Not bad for an electrical engineer, no?
- I defeated an adversary! We are one step closer to winning.
- Eliminating a squad
- That was the last one! Bye-bye squad.
- The whole squad's been shut down.
- Last one down.
- . That was the whole squad!
- . That squad is all down!
- Guess I took out the whole squad.
- New Kill Leader
- I made kill leader on my own. I guess I learned a few things after all.
- Player is silenced
- My abilities don't work. I've been short-circuited.
- Player is downed
- Player is revived
- My synapses are firing again! Thank you.
- My circuits are connecting again! Thank you.
- Player is respawned
- I feel... recharged!
- Good to be back.
- Ten squads remaining
- Fifty percent of the squads have been eliminated.
- Half the squads have fallen. My odds are getting better.
- Three squads remaining
- Just me. Alone against two enemy squads.
- Two squads remaining
- Only one other team left.
- It's the final squad... and me.
- When deploying Perimeter Security
- I'm fencing.
- Placing a fence.
- Putting down a fence.
- Fence in position.
- Laying fences.
- Setting a fence.
- Playing with fences.
- Fence placed.
- That's a good fence!
- That's a nice fence.
- That's a pretty fence.
- That's a happy fence!
- That's a grumpy fence.
- That's an angry fence.
- That's a funny fence!
- That's a sad fence.
- That's a silly fence!
- That's a scary fence...
- Upon finishing Perimeter Security
- The circuit is complete.
- The fence is complete.
- If the fence gets crossed, we'll know.
- Anyone passes through here, we'll know.
- Fence them in, fence them out.
- When a fence is breached
- Someone crossed a fence. Get ready.
- A circuit was compromised! We are not alone.
- A circuit's been broken. We've got company.
- Someone crossed a fence! Get ready.
- Circuit's broken! Someone else is here.
- A fence circuit's broken out there!
- One of my far off fences was crossed!
- One of my fence circuits out there was crossed!
- My fence circuit was broken out there!
- Someone crossed one of my distant fences.
- Someone crossed one of my far off fences.
- One of my far fences was crossed.
- Placing an Interception Pylon
- Negating all incoming artillery. Sweet silence.
- Combat's too noisy. Hush now.
- Hush now. No more storms.
- Eye of the storm.
- We kicked serious butt! I learned that from the last champion.
- . We work well together.
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Wattson is one of two legends to have a unique animation for reviving a squadmate, the other being Gibraltar. She uses her equipment as a defibrillator.
- The subtle scar on Wattson's face is a Lichtenberg figure, a mark caused by high-voltage equipment or being struck by lightning.
- It is speculated Wattson may have a form of Autism or ADHD, based on her biography and voice lines. This theory has been given subtle nods to by some of the writers and developers of Apex.
- Wattson is referred to as "The Eye of the Storm" both by herself and her comrades.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]