||Being an Apex Legend takes courage, strength, and confidence... or as some call it, 'Just being Gibraltar' heh heh... We all put passion in our matches and fight like each day depends on it; my work with S.A.R.A.S. taught me that. You need to love what you do, care about what you do, and believe in your ability to do what you do; my parents taught me that. Finally, brothas, trust in those around you, protect those around you, and never forget that no matter how big you are, the world is always bigger; the Apex Games taught me that. Let's go change a life!
Gibraltar is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Gibraltar is a gentle giant with a wild side. The son of two SARAS (Search and Rescue Association of Solace) volunteers, he has always been skilled at getting others out of dangerous situations that are common in the Outlands. However, he only began to understand the value of protecting others when he and his boyfriend stole his father's motorcycle, took it on a joyride, and got trapped by a deadly mudslide. His parents saved them, and his father lost an arm in the process. Gibraltar has never forgotten that sacrifice and has devoted his life to helping those in need.
The Apex Games didn't change that, but they changed what it meant. Many of Gibraltar's friends and colleagues have competed in the Games for extra money, fame, and glory over the years, and some never came home. Gibraltar joined to keep them safe and, for the first time, his skills as a rescuer and his rebellious nature worked together. He's now become an icon in the Apex Games, putting himself in the line of fire to protect his squad and send his opponents running for cover.
||Dome of Protection
|Throw down a dome-shield that blocks attacks for 18 seconds.
- Throws a deployable shield a short distance. The shield stops all incoming and outgoing damage while allowing players to move through it.
- The cooldown starts once the shield expires.
- Can destroy enemy Wattson Barriers inside of the dome.
- If you have a downed teammate and are being rushed, throw down your ultimate and then your shield. Revive and heal in your shield.
- If an enemy squad is firing at you and your team, throw the shield down. It will block their bullets allowing you and your squad to escape. Combining the shield with Defensive Bombardment can be very helpful, and can also up the "Damage Absorbed" shield stat.
- The shield is not a complete bubble and depending on the terrain it can have its weak spots.
- No shots come in, no shots come out.
- If you have a Lifeline, you can throw your shield on her drone, and then push that drone, you have a walking dome.
|Aiming down sights deploys a gun shield that blocks incoming fire.
- The shield can sometimes make it easier to spot Gibraltar while he is hiding, so it may be worth disabling temporarily if you're pretty sure you're otherwise hidden.
|Call in a concentrated mortar strike on a marked position.
- Throws a smoke grenade that marks an area for a mortar strike. Strikes explode immediately upon hitting the ground, unlike Bangalore's Rolling Thunder, and do quite a lot of damage.
- This ability also damages you so use it with caution.
- This ability is a nice support; if enemies are hiding, it can drive them out of cover and into an easier line of fire. It can also be used as an attack or a defensive ability.
- You can call it inside your own shield to temporize and give you few seconds of rest, as enemies will be unable to come inside. Use this time to revive, heal, reload, or run away.
|Reduces damage taken by 15%
- Take 15% less damage from every attack.
- Fortified Legends now immune to slow effects from weapon fire.
- Don't overestimate this ability, 15% less damage generally translates to surviving 1 more shot.
- The combination of Gibraltar's Gun shield and his Fortified perk allows him to tank a lot of damage.
- Code Red - needs Bunker Buster and 6,500
- Soft Power - needs Millenium Tusk and 6,500
- First Finisher
- Warcry - 1,200
- Force of Gravity - 1,200
- Front Row Seat - Level 40
- Tip of the Spear - Level 04
- August 13, 2019 Iron Crown Patch
- Fixed a bug where activating a healing item would cancel the Ultimate for Legends that need to prime it.
- July 02, 2019 Season 2 Patch
- Now reduces damage taken by 15%
- Now grants immunity to slow effects from weapon fire.
- Dome of Protection: Increased the duration by 3 seconds.
- May 20, 2019 Patch
- Gun Shield: Fixed the bug that allowed players to stick objects to the shield. It will now also deflect Arc Stars.
- April 16, 2019 Patch
- Fortified Passive Perk added: reduces damage taken by 10%.
- Gun Shield: Health increased from 50 to 75.
- April 3, 2019 1.1 Patch
- Adjusted the hitbox for Gibraltar to better align with his shape.
- March 19, 2019 Season 1 Patch
- Adjusted hitboxes for Gibraltar, Caustic, and Pathfinder to better align with their shapes.
- Defensive Bombardment: Fixed a bug where teammates are not affected by Shell Shock. This was meant to be the same as Bangalore's ultimate.
- Gun Shield: Patched up the hole we found in Gibraltar’s shield.
- February 19, 2019 Preseason Patch 02
- Fixed issue with Gibraltar Epic skins on Xbox One causing crashes.
Gibraltar working for SARAS.
Millenium Tusk Gibraltar taking fire.
Concept art of Gibraltar.
Concept art of Gibraltar.