|Semi-auto light marksman rifle
|| Light rounds
|Rate of Fire
||10 / 15 / 18 / 20
||High vertical recoil
The G7 Scout is a semi-automatic light marksman rifle which uses light rounds.
It fires in single-fire unless it is equipped with the Double Tap Trigger Hop-Up attachment, which makes the weapon fire two quick shots with a single trigger press.
- 1.75× headshot multiplier.
- Glowing iron-sight may obscure vision for some players.
- At closer distances, threatened by SMGs / Shotguns.
- At longer distances, the slow bullet traveling speed makes it harder to hit enemies.
Reliability, brutal precision, and ease of maintenance made the G2A4 and G2A5 Battle Rifles a mainstay in Frontier colony arsenals, these are the tenets the G7 Scout seek to uphold. Manufactured by Lastimosa Armory, the G7 Scout is virtually indistinguishable mechanics-wise from its hallowed ancestors, still packing a semi-automatic punch at mid to long-range. The biggest change from the G2A5 was the frame being replaced from a milled tactical stock to a solid composite body intended to serve the role of a Scout Rifle.
There are a total of 61 weapon skins for the G7 Scout; 14 Legendary, 8 Epic, 23 Rare and 16 Common.
- Outside the Lines
- Lethal Injection
- Golden Wings - Level 98
- Downforce - Level 100
- April 07, 2020 Patch
- Reduced headshot scale from 2.0 to 1.75.
- Reduced leg shot scale from 0.9 to 0.75.
- Slightly reduced projectile speed.
- March 03, 2020 Patch
- Reduced the intensity of muzzle flash while aiming down the sight.
- February 04, 2020 Patch
- No longer counted as a sniper rifle, now an assault rifle
- No longer accepts sniper scopes. Takes the Standard Stock rather than Sniper Stocks.
- Reduced fire rate 4.5 -> 4.0
- Increasing time between shots for double tap 0.425 -> 0.475
- Fixed bug where G7 had 0 ADS air spread, making it the only gun that was perfectly accurate on ziplines, etc.
- November 05, 2019 Patch
- Increased projectile width.
- October 01, 2019 Patch
- April 16, 2019 Patch
- Lowered leg shot damage reduction: 25% -> 10%
- Reduced base weapon sway by about 33%
- Reduced base sway speed by about 25%
- The G7 Scout is the only weapon to have a rare reload animation, where the magazine is ejected out of the top.
- The G7 Scout is the only weapon to have its class changed, from sniper to assault rifle.
- The G7 Scout is the only assault rifle to reduce ADS speed to sniper levels. This was done to reinforce the idea that it's a marksman rifle, not an assault rifle.
- It was originally designated as the G2A6, making it more in line with the naming scheme of its Frontier War ancestors.
- The G7 Scout appearance is based on the real-life semi-automatic rifle Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM 16 fitted with a J. Allen Enterprises JAE-100 chassis.
- The Crimson Firedrake legendary skin sports the phrase "You Owe Me Awe" a nod to the 2002 thriller "Red Dragon" in which the main antagonist Francis Dolarhyde speaks to his victim Freddy Lounds before murdering him.
Concept Art for the then G2A6 by Ryan Lastimosa