Season Launches[edit | edit source]
These are to coincide with the launch of a new season and will include a new Legend, a major map update, new loot items (weapons, ordnances, etc.) and potentially new features. These events also include significant balance changes.
- List of Seasons
- Season 1 (March 19, 2019 to June 18, 2019) - [13 weeks]
- Season 2 (July 02, 2019 to October 01, 2019) - [13 weeks]
- Season 3 (October 01, 2019 to February 04, 2020) - [18 weeks]
- Season 4 (February 04, 2020 to May 12, 2020) - [14 weeks]
- Season 5 (May 12, 2020 to August 18, 2020) - [14 weeks]
- Season 6 (August 18, 2020 to November 04, 2020) - [11 weeks and 1 day]
- Season 7 (November 04, 2020 to February 02, 2021) - [12 weeks and 6 days]
Themed Events[edit | edit source]
These events come with a limited-time mode, event challenges that let players earn cosmetics, and a mix of event limited and base game cosmetics available for direct purchase. They may also include a small map change or town takeover, and potential extensions to Apex Legends lore. Stories from the Outlands is sometimes released with Themed Events and town takeovers.
- List of Themed Events
- Legendary Hunt (June 04, 2019 to June 18, 2019)
- Voidwalker (September 03, 2019 to September 17, 2019)
- Grand Soirée (January 14, 2020 to January 28, 2020)
- The Old Ways (April 07, 2020 to April 21, 2020)
- Fight or Fright (October 22, 2020 to November 03, 2020)
- Holo-Day Bash (December 01, 2020 to January 04, 2021)
Collection Events[edit | edit source]
These events come with a limited-time mode, event challenges that let players earn cosmetics, and a "collection" of 24 event limited cosmetics available via Event-specific Apex Packs or direct purchase. They may also include a small map change or town takeover. Collection Events offer far more cosmetics than Themed Events and feature Heirlooms, which can be obtained by completing the collection.
- List of Collection Events
- Iron Crown (August 13, 2019 to August 27, 2019)
- Fight or Fright (October 15, 2019 to November 05, 2019)
- Holo-Day Bash (December 12, 2019 to January 07, 2020)
- System Override (March 03, 2020 to March 17, 2020)
- Lost Treasures (June 23, 2020 to July 07, 2020)
- Aftermarket (October 06, 2020 to October 20, 2020)
Minor Events[edit | edit source]
Minor events may include a sale in which limited time cosmetics are offered in the Store, and/or a limited time game mode(s) (LTM). Unlike major events, they do not have trailers, they do not have Prize Tracks, they usually do not have challenges (and even if they do have challenges, they do not occupy the main "Event" slot), and they are not listed as major events in the game's files.
- List of Minor Events with a Sale and LTM(s)
- Valentine's Day (February 13, 2019 to February 19, 2019)
- Valentine's Day Rendezvous (February 12, 2020 to February 19, 2020)
- September Soirée (September 09, 2020 to October 05, 2020)
- List of Minor Events with just a Sale
- Black Friday (2019) (November 26, 2019 to December 03, 2019)
- Summer of Plunder (July 21, 2020 to July 28, 2020)
- Black Friday (2020) (November 24, 2020 to December 01, 2020)
- List of Minor Events with just an LTM(s)
- Battle Armor (April 28, 2020 to May 12, 2020)
- Always Be Closing Evolved (August 11, 2020 to August 18, 2020)
- List of Minor Events with just a set of challenges
- A Wee Experiment (October 13, 2020 to November 04, 2020)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Fight or Fright and Holo-Day Bash are the only major events that return. They both were initially released as Collection Events and came back as Themed Events.
- Themed Events are sometimes further categorized: Grand Soirée is an Arcade Event; The Old Ways is a Lore Event. (By this logic, Voidwalker should also be a Lore Event.)
- The Battle Armor event was not a planned event. It was a last-minute addition after the launch of Season 5 got moved back one week.
- Most seasons have one Collection Event and one Themed Event. Exceptions are Season 1 (no Collection Event), Season 3 (two Collection Events), and Season 5 (no Themed Event).
References[edit | edit source]