|“||Yes, I've heard about criminals posing as Legends, and they're as derivative as they are pathetic. Take this prison break. I admit there are similarities to my modus operandi, but the cloud formations... that's where they went wrong. My gas wafts through the air as if dancing with death. Not like the spray of some hick fireman's two-decade-old extinguisher, as shown here. Anybody with a tenth of my brainpower can see this for what it is: amateurs playing dress-up in a desperate attempt to gain notoriety. But considering your banal, lackluster brand which you dare call 'journalism'? A tenth of my intellect is giving you far too much credit. Do you have any more questions that might illuminate your ignorance? Very well. Enjoy your day.|
|Real Name||Dr. Alexander Maxwell Nox|
|Tactical Ability||Nox Gas Trap|
|Passive Ability||Nox Vision|
|Ultimate Ability||Nox Gas Grenade|
|Voice Actor||JB Blanc|
Caustic is a Defensive Legend with a slower playstyle, he excels in holding down the fort and breaking down enemy attacks. His gas traps, gas grenades, and Nox vision can cause breaks in enemy attacks, distorting vision and causing panic.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Alexander Maxwell Nox was born to Arthur Rutherford Nox and Katerina Ticacek Nox on February 25, 2685. He worked as a research scientist for Humbert Labs on his homeworld Gaea, the Frontier's leading manufacturer of pesticide gases. With a glut of pesticides needed to protect the growing Frontier colonies’ crops, Humbert Labs was constantly on the hunt for better and stronger formulas. Nox was one of their brightest scientists and worked day and night developing new gases. But to make sure they worked, he needed to test them on more than just inert tissue: he needed something living.
As he toiled in secret, Nox began to see the beauty in his creations and their ability to destroy anything they touched. But the head of Humbert Labs, Dr. Franklin Humbert, soon discovered his gruesome experiments, and their confrontation ended with the lab in flames and its chief dead. Today, Nox is missing and presumed deceased, his supposed body found and identified by his mother, charred and beyond recognition. 10 years later, Caustic now finds new test subjects in the Apex Games, where he puts his gaseous creations to work and observes their effects with great interest.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Nox Gas Trap[edit | edit source]
|Nox Gas Trap|
|Description||Drops canisters that release deadly Nox gas when shot or triggered by enemies.|
- You can hold up to three charges of this ability, and gain one charge every 25 seconds. Up to six traps can be active on the map at once, and you're able to pick up unused traps to regain a charge.
- Your enemies will be slowed inside the gas and are unable to sprint. Squadmates aren't affected by this, but their vision will still be obscured.
- If one Trap affects an enemy it will deal 6 damage/sec, increased by 1 every hit to a maximum of 12. Your ultimate and any other trap affecting the same enemy will deal only 1 (it doesn't increase) damage.
- The trap and the gas cloud deal Health damage only, ignoring shields.
- Shooting the top of the trap will cause it to go off. Shooting the base will destroy it without releasing gas.
- The traps can float away when thrown in the water.
- The gas barrels can be destroyed while midair, or when it's not fully inflated.
- Wattson's Interception Pylons can shoot down the barrel in flight if they would have landed inside the range of the pylon.
- Wattson's Interception Pylons cannot shoot down gas barrels that are already fully inflated on the ground.
- The gas can damage both Wattson's Pylons and Perimeter Security nodes.
- Mirage's decoys can trigger the traps to reveal Caustic's location to his squad.
- Lifeline's D.O.C. Heal Drone will malfunction while inside of the gas and will not be able to heal anyone.
- Crypto's Surveillance Drone can be damaged by the gas.
- Rampart's Amped barrier can be damaged by the gas.
- Shooting the base of the trap before it activates will destroy it without releasing the gas.
- It's good to throw a trap in a smokescreen generated by a Bangalore's Smoke Launcher, especially if enemies are hiding in it. This will also highlight enemies in green due to Nox Vision, and allow you an unfettered view of the enemies.
- When outnumbered or in a sticky situation, throw multiple traps around you. The enemy's bullets will hit your traps, setting them off, and allowing you to escape or heal to stay in the fight.
- When going through Wraith's Dimensional Rift portals, throw a trap at the end to catch enemies off guard trying to get your squad from behind and reveal their position due to your passive.
- Throwing a trap in front of a door prevents it from opening to that side. You can use this feature to block doors and protect yourself or to trap enemies inside an enclosed room. If they break down the door, the trap will activate and you’ll be informed of their location.
- You can use your traps as smoke bombs, to throw some cover for sniper fire or general confusion.
- A team that manages to get their Caustic to end game (such as Rounds 7 or 8) will have the advantage over other teams that don't have a Caustic. Caustic's abilities increase in utility as the play area shrinks. Furthermore, Caustic can prevent scenarios of Heal Off Victories from happening as it's impossible to heal in the gas and ring damage.
Nox Vision[edit | edit source]
|Description||Allows you to see enemies through Nox Gas.|
- Caustic is immune to the effects of Nox Gas whether it belongs to him or an enemy Caustic.
- Enemies inside the gas created from your tactical and ultimate abilities are highlighted green, similar to a threat scope. This vision is not obstructed by walls or other obstacles.
- Your teammates do not share this vision, so be sure to communicate to them the locations of enemies you can see.
- Your threat vision doesn't work against other Caustics, forcing you to prioritize them, as they are immune to all Nox Gas effects and they can see your allies even if they are on your gas.
Nox Gas Grenade[edit | edit source]
|Nox Gas Grenade|
|Charge time||120 seconds|
|Description||Blankets a large area in Nox gas.|
- Deals ever-increasing damage from 6 to 12 for every second spent in the gas.
- Other than the wider area, the gas's function is identical to that of the Gas Traps.
- Do not use this ability and expect it to kill an entire squad. Similar to Bangalore's Rolling Thunder, its main utility comes in the fact that enemies are forced to either evacuate the area or suffer the consequences of damage, obscured vision, inability to sprint and more.
- Since this slows and deals increasing damage, it can be combined with Nox Vision to pick off enemies in your smoke. If you have some grenades that need using, throw them into your smoke when an enemy is caught - this tactic has the capability of wiping out full squads if enough players are caught in your gas.
- Using this ability in large, open areas is often a waste. Try to save it for when enemies are occupying a building, a small area, or are hiding behind a cover too dangerous to bypass.
- All enemies that find themselves in the gas cloud are subject to Nox Vision. Use this to hunt down and kill enemies while they are weakened.
- You can use it to block chokepoints or cover-up revives.
- Try saving this for the last few rounds (especially on Rounds 7 or 8) as his abilities increase in utility as the play area shrinks. Furthermore, he can prevent scenarios of Heal Off Victories from happening as it's impossible to heal in the gas and ring damage.
Fortified[edit | edit source]
|Description||Incoming damage reduced by 15%. Not slowed by bullets.|
- Take 15% less damage from every attack.
- Immunity to slow effects from weapon fire.
- Don't overestimate this ability, 15% less generally translates to surviving 1 more shot.
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 59 Legend skins for Caustic; 16 Legendary, 7 Epic, 20 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Dark Humor Bundle.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Heirloom Set[edit | edit source]
The set contains:
- A Banner Pose: Hammer Time
- A Melee weapon skin: Death Hammer - A hammer with a skull at the back equipped with Nox gas.
- An Intro Quip: "I look forward to getting my hands on you."
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Holo-Sprays[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "Death finds a way."
- "Death is not mercurial. It's patient... unlike life."
- "Death stalks the ignorant, intelligence will guide us to survival."
- "Don't be fooled, I'm a man of science."
- "Entropy is the natural order of the universe. I simply catalyze the process."
- "I do not care who makes the kill. As long as I can observe it die."
- "I enjoy many things but death is what inspires."
- "If I may be honest, I find death fascinating."
- "Ineptitude is the true killer."
- "I quantify skill by the evidence."
- "It's a fine line. Avoid death as closely as possible."
- "I wish for one thing: results."
- "My thesis: the willing will survive."
- "One thing is certain. Someone will die."
- "Science is unapologetic. As am I."
- "Science rules all. With its help, we will too."
- "The pull toward disorder is relentless, I embrace it."
- "This experiment will sort out the capable from the incompetent."
- "This fight will result in death for the weak. So be it."
- "You must understand, death is the true test."
- "I look forward to getting my hands on you."
- "I don't relish the title... I relish the kill."
- "It all ends the same way... with me observing."
- "Join my experiment below."
- "Life is meant to die. Accept your fates."
- "Marvelous! So many willing test subjects."
- "Opening season... Very well."
- "I find these insipid celebrations of the macabre... amusing."
- "I enjoy the winter months. Everything dies."
- "A deterministic end will find you below."
- "Close combat gets messy."
- "I have no regrets. It's not in my DNA."
- "Don't rush to your ends. I linger on those final moments."
- "I will not apologize for simply expediting the inevitable."
- "Intelligence is a dying breed... But not today."
- "Know your place. I know mine."
- "My methods are only controversial to those who lack imagination."
- "Patience. Just... patience."
- "Science is precise. As am I."
- "Test me. I encourage this."
- "The kill is more important than the prize."
- "Watch for my traps. I'll be watching you."
- "You and I are not equals. Remember this."
- "If our paths cross, you'll wish the end came sooner."
- "What's your costume? Sub-average intelligence?"
- "You're about to face the longest winter of them all."
- "I think you misunderstood my intentions when I asked for your heart."
- "This is for posterity, so be honest; how do you feel?"
- "I observe the field from a plateau you cannot even comprehend."
- "Accept the process. It is, after all, well tested."
- "Another trial, another test subject."
- "Being fundamentally better sours the taste of victory."
- "You made an attempt on my life. Brave, perhaps, but ill conceived."
- "Death is a paradoxical quest. It ends, but never truly begins."
- "Don't look for sympathy. You won't find it."
- "Humanity. It's just a word."
- "I don't consider death cruel, but life... (coughs)"
- "I thank you."
- "It's simple really. (coughs) I'm just better than you."
- "In the end, everything dies."
- "It's a miraculous thing."
- "Just a taste is all you need."
- "Know your place, (coughs) at the bottom of the food chain."
- "Life ends with death. I am simply expediting the process."
- "My intelligence should not be underestimated."
- (Laughs) "One more."
- "In the end, one's life is measured by those we've changed."
- "Science demands a repeatable outcome to any given experiment. Hence why I am here, and you are there."
- "Remarkable. Simply remarkable."
- "Some compounds are inert, having little to no effect on the outcome... Like you."
- "Take notes. I am."
- "I don't concern myself with the ambitions of insects."
- "The biggest trap is your own mind."
- "The distance between life and death is measured by suffering."
- "The rabbit's cries bring the wolves."
- "The results have come in. You lose."
- "In time, the strong will filter out the weak."
- "To say your death is a waste is the understatement of the century."
- "There is a process to everything, and also a conclusion. This is yours."
- "This is my favorite part."
- "This was a failure... for one of us."
- "This was an inevitable outcome."
- "Victory is delicious."
- "Without pain, the body suffers in silence, omitting the entertainment."
- "Take comfort in the fact you are now a part of something grander."
- "You thought we were equals. Foolish."
- "You're welcome."
- "Perhaps if I wasn't one of the variables, your outcome would have been different."
- "I must confess, your skills were inadequate."
- I'm Jumpmaster
- "As Jumpmaster, I'll lead us to where we claim the most lives..."
- "As Jumpmaster, I will decide on a course of action."
- "I'm the Jumpmaster. Follow me."
- Dropping as Jumpmaster
- "I feel most alive when rapidly approaching my death!"
- "Prepare for certain death!"
- Skydive Emote
- "Bird's eye view."
- Taking Damage
- "Getting shot at."
- "Taking damage."
- "Taking fire."
- "Sustaining injuries."
- Opening fire on the enemy
- "Firing on subjects."
- Downed an Enemy
- "I have downed an enemy."
- "Subject down."
- "Downed a subject."
- Another enemy down
- "Took down another."
- "Downed another subject."
- Multiple Enemies Downed
- "Taking out more than a few."
- "Multiple subjects down."
- Killed an enemy
- "Killed one myself."
- "Subject deceased."
- "Like ants burning under a lens."
- "That was magnificent!"
- "Can't argue with those results."
- "Test complete."
- Squadmate killed
- "We lost one. Pity."
- Squadmate gets a kill
- "I confess-- that kill was pleasant."
- "That kill was... satisfying."
- "Remarkable kill."
- "An admirable kill."
- [when Gibraltar gets it] "Nice job. I knew you had that killer instinct."
- Healing Up
- "Administering medical aid."
- "Healing my wounds."
- I'm down
- "They downed me!"
- "I am incapacitated."
- I got you / Reviving Squadmate
- "Death will have to wait."
- "You are fortunate we are on the same team."
- [with Crypto] "I'd let you rot, but, she'd never forgive me."
- Being Respawned
- "I control death... it does not control me."
- "That was... enlightening."
- Got our Squadmate's banner
- "I have the banner. Respawning is imminent."
- "The banner is in my control, along with their life."
- Whole Squad down
- "Last one down. That completes the triumvirate.
- "That was the last one. Subtracted from the equation."
- "This kill signaled the end of that entire squad."
- "Whole squad wiped. One less variable to consider."
- Squad split up
- "We're spread wide, consult your maps."
- Another Squad attacking
- "We're being attacked by two different squads!"
- "A second squad is firing at us!"
- Grenade thrown
- "Throwing Frag!"
- "Delivering Frag!"
- Grenade nearby
- "Incoming grenade!"
- Arc Star thrown
- "Throwing Arc Star!"
- "Arc Star delivered!"
- Opening the Vault
- "I, and I alone, have opened the Vault."
- Shooting a Cargo-Bot
- "Firing on that cargo bot."
- "I struck the Cargo-Bot."
- Flyer killed
- "Killed the Volaticus locustodraco. Or flyer, in layman's terms."
- "Removed the flyer from the equation."
- Shadowfall kill
- "Trick or treat."
- "Trick or trick."
- Far next Ring closure, in squad
- "Next Ring is distant."
- "Next Ring is far. Victory is further still."
- [with Wattson] "Next Ring is distant. You created these things, Ms. Paquette. You didn't create a backdoor to work around it?"
- [with Wattson] "Next Ring is far. You think you can give us an advantage, Ms. Paquette. But you still believe in rules."
- Far next Ring closure, alone
- Final Ring closure announcement, in squad
- "The final Ring timer has begun."
- "The last remaining Ring timer has commenced."
- Final Ring closure announcement, alone
- "The final Ring timer, my experiment reaches its end."
- "The last Ring timer, counting down to my victory."
- Final Ring closure in progress, in squad
- "The final Ring has begun diminishing."
- "It would be... tragic to fall to this final Ring."
- Final Ring closure in progress, alone
- "Final Ring is closing."
- "The final Ring closes, death awaits."
- One minute until nearby Ring closure, in squad
- "Ring is in close proximity. One more minute."
- "One minute until the nearby Ring closes."
- One minute until nearby Ring closure, alone
- "One minute until Ring closure. Fortunately, I don't have far to go."
- "One minute until the Ring changes."
- "The Ring is within walking distance, and I still have a minute."
- "The Ring retracts in one minute."
- One minute until far Ring closure, in squad
- One minute until far Ring closure, alone
- "I only have a minute to get to the Ring."
- "Quite the distance to the Ring, and a minute to go."
- Forty five seconds until nearby Ring closure, in squad
- "The Ring's close, forty-five seconds. The pressure is exhilarating."
- "The Ring isn't very far, forty five second remain before closure."
- Forty five seconds until nearby Ring closure, alone
- "The Ring is within sight, and I still have forty-five seconds."
- "Ring is within close proximity. Forty-five seconds left."
- Forty five seconds until far Ring closure, in squad
- "Forty-five seconds. The Ring is some distance."
- "The Ring is distant, forty five seconds before closure."
- Forty five seconds until far Ring closure, alone
- "Quite the distance to the Ring, and only forty five seconds."
- "I must get to the next Ring within forty five seconds."
- Thirty seconds until Ring closure, in squad
- "Thirty seconds until the Ring closes."
- "Only thirty seconds remain. The Ring moves."
- Thirty seconds until Ring closure, alone
- "Thirty seconds until the Ring closes."
- Thirty seconds until nearby Ring closure, in squad
- "Thirty seconds. The Ring is near."
- "Thirty second, we're close."
- Thirty seconds until nearby Ring closure, alone
- "Thirty seconds, the Ring is near.
- Ten seconds until Ring closure, in squad
- Ten seconds until Ring closure, alone
- "Ten seconds. I must get inside the Ring."
- "Ten seconds. I mustn't wait any longer."
- Ten seconds until nearby Ring closure, in squad
- "We are close to the Ring, ten seconds."
- "Ten seconds remain, the Ring is close."
- Ring closure in progress
- Full squad inside the Ring
- "We find ourselves inside the next Ring. How serendipitous."
- Alone, inside the Ring
- "I'm inside the Ring. My odds are… satisfactory."
- Squadmates outside of the Ring
- "Not all of us are inside this next Ring. Not all of us are worthy of continuing, either."
- Full squad outside of the Ring
- "We are all outside of the Ring."
- "Dying outside the Ring would be (coughs) pointless."
- Outside the Ring
- "Death outside the Ring is slow and painful. Perhaps you should remain there."
- Two Squads left
- "With only two enemy Squad left, the probability of victory rises."
- Pinging location in dropship
- "Landing in this area yields a high probability for success."
- "This landing area will prove beneficial."
- "Very well."
- "I don't think so."
- "No thank you."
- "I will take that."
- "That's mine."
- [to Revenant] "I will take this, simulacrum."
- On My Way
- "I'm en route to assist you. Or maybe watch you die. I haven't made up my mind yet."
- "I'll help you on one condition: you quit that incessant whining."
- Need Help
- "I could use some help."
- "I need medical aid."
- "I require assistance."
- Location Compromised / Someone's Been Here
- "I do not believe we are the first ones here."
- "I believe others have been here."
- "We are not the first ones here."
- "Others have passed through this area."
- Go / Suggested a location
- "I suggest we do some research in this area."
- "I suspect we will find something here."
- "Let's move to this sector."
- "Let's move to this area."
- "We should conduct a search right here."
- "We should go here."
- Retracting Ping
- "Never mind."
- "I retract that."
- Going here
- "Going to examine that area."
- "That area calls for further exploration."
- Looting here
- "Researching for loot in this area."
- "Excuse me, inspecting that area for loot."
- Pinging Area to Attack
- "Planning the attack over there."
- Pinging Lava
- "I detect lava over there."
- "Lava over there. Interesting addition."
- Pinging Enemy
- "Enemy spotted."
- "Enemy spotted. Close."
- "Enemy spotted. Far."
- "I have a subject in view."
- "I have a subject in view. Far off."
- "I have a subject in view. Right here."
- "Spotted a subject."
- "Spotted a subject over there."
- "Spotted a subject right here."
- "Spotted one."
- "Spotted one. Distant."
- "Subject spotted."
- "Subject spotted here."
- "Subject spotted. There."
- "Target spotted."
- "Target spotted. There."
- Teammate's Banner
- "Our colleague's banner could be used for their recovery."
- "I've discovered a Totem here. Be on the lookout for Shadow Squads."
- Charge Tower
- "Charge Tower here. Good. I approve of anything that contaminates the air more quickly."
- [Quip] Thanks to Squadmate
- [to Revenant] "We should teach Loba to stay out from our affairs."
- "I tire of Loba inserting herself into our business."
- [to Crypto] "This changes nothing, boy."
- [to Crypto] "Traitors don't deserve gratitude."
- [Quip] Thanks for First-aid / Revived
- "I nearly experienced death. So much to notate... once I eliminate the others."
- "Interesting sensation. Thank you."
- [to Wattson] "You didn't have to do that. Your grace is incalculable."
- [Quip] You're Welcome
- "I've noted your appreciation."
- "Your gratitude is acknowledged."
- [to Revenant] "Very well."
- [to Revenant] "Very well. I'll remember this when you're looking for allies against Ms. Andrade."
- [to Revenant] "Careful, simulacrum. You've touched death so often - It would be a joy to dissect you."
- [to Revenant] "After all I did for you - this is my thanks? You'll regret this."
- [to Revenant] "I hope you oxidize… and corrode into dust."
- [to Revenant] "You rush to her aid, yet reject me? You rue this day."
- [Quip] Nice / Celebration
- "Congratulations on an optimal conclusion."
- "Excellent. Could not have asked for a better outcome."
- "My hypothesis is correct. I am unstoppable."
- "I don't concern myself with frivolities like shopping, but there's a Black Market here."
- "A barrier has been placed here."
- "There's a turret set up over here."
- [to Wattson] "I spot one of your previous fences, Ms. Paquette."
- "There's a Jump Pad here."
- Activating Nox Vision
- "(coughs) I still see everything."
- "I still see everything!"
- "(coughs) My vision is clear."
- "My vision is clear."
- Deploying Nox Gas Trap
- "Gas trap deployed."
- "Independent variable added."
- "Placing an independent variable."
- "Placing gas trap."
- "Leaving a gas trap behind."
- "Deploying a variable."
- "Trap set… and waiting."
- "Adding another gas trap."
- "Introducing a new variable."
- "Beware. I've added a variable."
- "Another variable for the lab rats."
- "The trap is set. Data soon to follow."
- Throwing Nox Gas Grenade
- "Breathe it in. (inhales)"
- "Gas cloud-deployed."
- "Noxious gas deployed."
- "Take a deep breath."
- "Take a deep breath. (inhales)"
- Enemy Surveillance Drone destroyed
- "Drone obliterated."
- "Enemy drone has been decommissioned."
- Inside Drone EMP area
- "Incoming electromagnetic pulse!"
- "Incoming EMP."
- Affected by Drone EMP
- "Incoming electromagnetic pulse!"
- "Struck by an electromagnetic pulse!"
- Airstrike nearby
- "There is an airstrike inbound."
- "Watch out: an airstrike is falling."
- "I've lost my abilities, but not my intellect!"
- "My abilities don't work!"
- Recalled back to Death Totem
- "I'm back at the Totem. This adds a whole new component to my work."
- New Ranked Series
- "A new ranked series brings with it new test subjects."
- Ranked Down
- "My rank has slipped. I blame my insipid squadmates."
- "My rank fell! Clearly, there is a flaw in the system."
- Ranked Up
- "I have moved up in the ranks."
- "I have ranked up."
- New Rank Achieved
- "Silver rank achieved."
- "I am officially ranked Silver."
- "I have achieved the rank of Gold."
- "I am now ranked Gold."
- "Was there any doubt that I'd make it to Platinum?"
- "Platinum rank. Not that I'm surprised in the slightest."
- "I have achieved Diamond rank."
- "I have ascended to the rank of Diamond."
- "Apex Predator. I shall do the rank justice."
- "I am an Apex Predator. A perfect specimen."
- Care Package inbound
- "The rewards in that Care Package could be a deciding variable."
- "Those care packages likely shift the delta in our favor."
- Champion Eliminated
- "The champion was weighed, and found wanting."
- "All things die, even champions."
- First Blood
- "Aah, first blood. And so it begins."
- "Aaaaahhhh... First blood. And so it begins..."
- "First blood. The cycle has begun."
- Getting first blood
- "A first kill. Euphoric, yet fleeting."
- "We made the first kill. Savor this moment."
- New Kill Leader appointed
- "New kill leader. I must confess, it's what I long for."
- "There is a new kill leader. Just another insect if you ask me."
- [Squadmate] "You are our new Kill Leader.. For now."
- Becoming the Kill Leader, in Squad
- "I'm the Kill Leader; a foregone conclusion, really."
- "I am the Kill Leader. Predictable perhaps, yet still admirable."
- "I am the Kill Leader. Predictable, perhaps, it's still admirable."
- Becoming the Kill Leader, alone
- "I've become the new Kill Leader. How serendipitous."
- "I've become the Kill Leader. Such a crass term. Appropriate, but crass."
- Squad Eliminates Kill Leader
- "We've simply removed the Kill Leader from the equation."
- Two Enemy Squads Remain
- "Two final squads."
- "Two squads remain. The probability of victory rises."
- One Enemy Squad Remains
- "One squad left. I shall finish this."
- "I've wounded them."
- "Subject damaged."
- "Challenger" eliminated
- "Death stalks the weak: that Challenger has fallen."
- "The Challenger has... expired."
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- His global identification number on Gaea is: ARN0-225P-ER9.
- Caustic may have a life-threatening disease, as in a voice line he says he has faced his death, right before going into a hacking fit. Some speculate he could have Cystic Fibrosis, though many diseases are possibilities.
- Although not visible due to his gloves, Caustic is likely missing at least two fingers. On his death record, the examiner states that two severed fingers were found near to the left hand of the corpse and matched Nox's DNA.
- For some reason, Caustic's eyes appear to glow in the dark. It is currently unknown why but could have to do with his Nox Vision passive ability.
- In the discussion getting Revenant into the Apex Games, Caustic was discussed as having gone soft since some girl joined the games, most likely Wattson. 
- As explained by writer Tom Casiello, the Nox Gas is a corrosive gas, that eats through clothes, skin, and metal, unless countered by a chemical compound only he possesses so it doesn't affect him, which explains why the gas still affects Pathfinder, Bloodhound, and Revenant. Because that is the case, it is unknown why he needs his gas mask. 
- According to Manny Hagopian, Caustic's name was originally supposed to be "Alexander Gaskins" based on the serial killer Donald Henry Gaskins. It was changed to "Nox" after it was pointed out that "Gaskin" has the word "gas" in it and Manny agreed it felt weird.
- An inappropriate voice line between Caustic and Crypto was removed in the September 03, 2020 Patch; where Caustic says as a thanks to Crypto, “You’ll regret the day you crossed me, gutter rat,” due to the word “rat” being a racial slur towards Asians.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Death report for Alexander Nox.
Early concept art of Caustic.
Concept art of Caustic.
Model of Caustic's head, showing his face under his gas mask.
Concept art of the Nox Gas Traps.
References[edit | edit source]