|“||It is a gift to be an Apex Legend, but the true test is in the eyes of the Allfather. Each day brings me closer to honoring my felagi fighters who have put their lives ahead of my own. For them, I am prepared to face every challenge no matter what form the beast of the night chooses to take. As the prey stalks, the hunter hunts. Trust in nature, trust in yourself - that is the path to victory.
|Tactical Ability||Eye of the Allfather|
|Ultimate Ability||Beast of the Hunt|
|Voice Actor||Allegra Clark|
Bloodhound is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Bloodhound is known across the Outlands as one of the greatest game hunters the Frontier has ever seen – and that's about all anyone knows. Their identity is a mystery wrapped in layers of rumors: they are fabulously wealthy, a bloodthirsty murderer, a Goliath whisperer, a former slave, half bat, and a dozen other things depending on who's doing the whispering.
All anyone truly knows is that Bloodhound is a force to be reckoned with in the Apex Games, having won four championships in a row. Bloodhound's unparalleled tracking skills are a boon to any team they join, helping them root out hidden opponents and tracking the enemy's movements. Calling on Earth's Old Norse Gods to guide them, Bloodhound believes that destiny is a path that has already been laid out, eventually carrying all to their death. But with that knowledge comes strength, because until that day comes, Bloodhound knows they can't be stopped.
Eye of the Allfather
|Eye of the Allfather|
|Description||Briefly reveal hidden enemies, traps, and clues throughout structures ahead of you.|
- In a 110° cone in front of you, all enemies, traps, and Loot Ticks are highlighted and tracked to be seen by you and your allies.
- The tracking lasts for 1.5 seconds on players. Traps and Loot Ticks will remain highlighted for as long as they exist.
- Squad mates can also see any scanned enemies or trap.
- Upon activation, the visual effect generated by the sonar is seen by everyone, including your teammates and enemies. While you can see the enemy and their traps, they'll know you're nearby as well.
- Eye of the Allfather is not a 360 proximity around Bloodhound. It must be aimed where you want to reveal enemies. It is roughly a 110-degree cone in front of you.
|Description||See tracks left behind by your foes.|
- Actions performed by enemies leave markers that Bloodhound can see. See below for all actions that leave evidence.
- Clues will note how long ago they occurred, and vanish after 90 seconds.
- Bloodhound can ping clues for teammates, although specific details are not communicated.
- While following trails of clues, Bloodhound can also see ravens manifest around enemy tracks.
Enemy has passed through here.
Enemy has slid through here.
Enemy climbed this ledge.
Enemy dropped from this edge.
Enemy took this zipline.
Enemy dropped from this zipline.
Enemy opened/closed this door.
Enemy destroyed this door.
Enemy fired a weapon here.
Enemy threw a grenade from here.
|Killed by [Weapon]
Enemy was killed with [weapon] here.
|Killer with [Weapon]|
Enemy got a kill with [weapon] here.
Enemy took damage here.
Enemy used a healing item here.
A downed enemy crawled through here.
Enemy placed a non-trap ability here.
Nox Gas traps or grenades were used here.
A Smoke Launcher was fired here.
|Perimeter Security Destroyed
A Perimeter Security Node was destroyed here.
|Interception Pylon Destroyed|
An Interception Pylon was destroyed here.
|Loot Bin Opened
This supply bin was opened.
|Picked Up [Item]
[Item] was picked up here.
Beast of the Hunt
|Beast of the Hunt|
|Charge time||180 seconds|
|Description||Enhances your senses, allowing you to move faster and highlighting your prey.|
- Increases your speed by 25%.
- Your vision turns black and white, with the exception of enemies, which are highlighted in red.
- Enemy footprints are also highlighted in red.
- Certain things will retain a little color, including the edge of The Ring, grenade explosions, and various enemy abilities.
- Lasts 35 seconds.
- While active, you can see enemies through Bangalore's or Caustic smokes.
- Since footsteps are tracked, Beast of the Hunt is a great way of finishing off a weakened enemy or finding a hiding foe.
- Since enemies are highlighted in all red, it's much easier to see them from long to extreme range. This makes Beast of the Hunt a great scouting and sniping skill.
- Seeing in black and white only can be troublesome concerning stuff on the ground or enemies' shields, which you cannot see the color (and so, the level).
- Melee Weapon Skin
- Heirloom Banner
- Heirloom Quip
- ▶️ Strong work, and win.
- ▶️ Ahead, we taka victory and slatra.
- ▶️ If the gods will it, we win.
- ▶️ The gust of wind call for victory.
- ▶️ Join me Felagí figher, fight strong.
- ▶️ Fate will be on our side Felagí, fighter.
- ▶️ Today will be our day, fight eager.
- ▶️ The Allfather will gift us today.
- ▶️ Trust nature, then trust yourself.
- ▶️ When they fall we rise.
- ▶️ Together we will slatra our enemies.
- ▶️ As one we will be gifted with victory.
- ▶️ Our path is made today.
- ▶️ I am prepared for the fight.
- ▶️ You and I will survive together.
- ▶️ Trust your senses and victory will follow.
- ▶️ The place between life and death is where I feel most alive.
- ▶️ Felagí fighter the end is decided, trust it.
- ▶️ I am Blothhundr, you can call me Bloodhound.
- If the gods will it, we will vinna.
- I will shed bloth and honor the Allfather.
- The battle begins may the gods bless it.
- I fall only when the gods will it.
- Have you prepared for your end? I have.
- I am the hunter the gods have sent.
- ▶️ Trust in the Allfather
- ▶️ Today is a good day to fight.
- ▶️ Blessings are upon me and brethren.
- ▶️ Everyday is a new victory.
- ▶️ Find me and we will battle.
- ▶️ Honor is in the challenge, pride in the victory.
- ▶️ Like my brethren before me I will slatra.
- ▶️ I will never disappoint my brethren.
- ▶️ Prove your strengths before the gods.
- ▶️ The day is mine.
- ▶️ The fight honors me.
- ▶️ The hunt begins.
- ▶️ The true test is before the Allfather.
- ▶️ Today’s victory is already written.
- ▶️ When we meet I will slatra.
- ▶️ It is your honor to face me.
- ▶️ Fight, win, fight again.
- ▶️ This mask has seen life through death. Consider it an honor.
- ▶️ A bad beginning draws a bad end.
- ▶️ A victory I will be grateful for.
- ▶️ My stout heart defeated your sharp sword, battle is more than skill.
- ▶️ You fought, this makes you brave and no coward.
- ▶️ Come get some.
- ▶️ Do not regret stay happy, good faith.
- ▶️ Don’t let your wounds end your fate.
- ▶️ Fear has ruled your actions today.
- ▶️ Focus. that is how I defeated you.
- ▶️ Greed will eat your mortal sorrow.
- ▶️ Stand by your trial, I am not here to judge.
- ▶️ I am ready for my end, there is no fear.
- ▶️ I give a life, I don’t taka.
- ▶️ I vinna as the gods will it.
- ▶️ I vinna till the end.
- ▶️ Keep your pride.
- ▶️ Your mind and spirit is the strongest weapon you have.
- ▶️ There is more honor in death than a life without test.
- ▶️ My reaper fate is on my side.
- ▶️ Your poor trust led to a poor end.
- ▶️ Pride is the true victory, keep it.
- ▶️ Slow and sure.
- ▶️ Take your pride and cherish it.
- ▶️ The Allfather graces you.
- ▶️ Never forget the eyes of Blothhundr.
- ▶️ The gods have decided.
- ▶️ The hungry wolf always taka the vinna.
- ▶️ Today I fair forward with the most vigor.
- ▶️ The path led us here today, embrace it.
- ▶️ The pride of life calls for you.
- ▶️ The slatra of this battle will be remembered.
- ▶️ This loss is a gift for you.
- ▶️ To fight and fall is a happy life.
- ▶️ I trust the gust of the wind, that led to my vinna.
- ▶️ Trust yourself, there is no shame in competition.
- ▶️ We knew this end would come.
- ▶️ You are no coward, remember that.
- ▶️ Your final hour cannot be escaped, embrace it.
- ▶️ You think yourself skilled, your ignorance meets your end.
- ▶️ Your journey ends today.
- ▶️ Your strength showed life, be proud.
- ▶️ The hungry wolf always attacks the weaker.
- ▶️ Prepare for battle.
- Using Beast of the Hunt
- Allfather give me sight!
- I bathe in the bloth!
- I am Blothhundr!
- Flyer spotted
- Flyer in the distance.
- Flyer here. A worthy hunt.
- Flyer killed
- I have killed a sky beast.
- A sky beast has fallen by my hand.
- March 19, 2019 Season 1
- Improvements / fixes for color blind players:
- Added better color blind support for Blood Hound’s Threat Vision.
- June 03, 2019 The Legendary Hunt
- Added colorblind support for threat vision scope and Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- Fixed issue with bad framerate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.
- July 02, 2019 Season 2 Update
- Eye of the Allfather
- Enemies scanned now are tracked in real time instead of leaving a ghost image behind. The tracking lasts for 1.5 seconds.
- Increased the angle of the scan to 110 from 90.
- Increased clue duration to 90 seconds from 60 seconds.
- Fixed a bug where energy weapons wouldn’t leave behind weapon fired clues.
- Fixed a bug where movement clues would sometimes not be generated.
- Fixed bug where players wouldn’t create movement evidence markers unless they were sprinting.
A page from The Art of Titanfall, showing that Bloodhound was designed long before Apex Legends.
- Bloodhound has been confirmed as identifying as "non-binary" by Respawn Community Manager Jay Frechette, Bloodhound's voice actress Allegra Clark, and Narrative Director Mohammad Alavi.
- Bloodhound has canonically become champion for at least four seasons. In one of these wins, they asked for a bookend as a reward.
- Bloodhound is often seen with a Raven named "Arthur", likely a reference to Huginn and Muninn, Ravens from Norse mythology that travel the world and give the Information they find to Odin
- Bloodhound was originally intended to appear in the Titanfall series and can be found in The Art of Titan Fall 2 by Andy McVittie 
- Bloodhound regularly references Old Norse language and mythology with the words they use and their accent. Examples of these are:
- Calling themself "Bloth Hoondr", "Blóðhundur" (Sounds exactly how you'd say Bloodhound in Icelandic)
- Saying "slatra" ("Slaughter" in Icelandic) in their trailer and in voice quips, calling enemies "andskoti" ("devil") and referring to their raven/teammates as "Felagi Fighter(s)" (Old Norse: "Félagi", meaning companion or comrade)
- Making numerous references to the Allfather, a commonly used moniker for the Norse god Odin