|“||It is a gift to be an Apex Legend, but the true test is in the eyes of the Allfather. Each day brings me closer to honoring my felagi fighters who have put their lives ahead of my own. For them, I am prepared to face every challenge no matter what form the beast of the night chooses to take. As the prey stalks, the hunter hunts. Trust in nature, trust in yourself - that is the path to victory.|
|Tactical Ability||Eye of the Allfather|
|Ultimate Ability||Beast of the Hunt|
|Voice Actor||Allegra Clark|
Bloodhound is a Legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Bloodhound is a fast-paced Recon Legend great at pushing the enemy in their base. Their Tracker can be used to find where enemies have gone, and Eye of the Allfather will reveal hidden enemies and traps. Lastly, Beast of the Hunt causes Bloodhound to gain speed and highlights their enemies.
Bloodhound is known across the Outlands as one of the greatest game hunters the Frontier has ever seen. The child of two engineers stationed at the New Dawn industrial plant on Talos, Bloodhound was taken in by their uncle Artur after a meltdown destroyed the facility and killed both their parents. Artur taught them the "Old Ways", a belief system that focuses on the glory of nature and rejects modern technology. Yet Bloodhound was constantly drawn to technological marvels, and ultimately used both new and old methods to take down a Goliath that preyed on the people of their village, forever changing their life’s path.
Bloodhound's unparalleled tracking skills are a boon to any team they join, helping them root out hidden opponents and track enemy movements. Calling on Earth's Old Norse Gods to guide them, Bloodhound believes that destiny is a path that has already been laid out, eventually carrying all to their death. But with that knowledge comes strength, because until that day comes, Bloodhound knows they can't be stopped.
Eye of the Allfather
|Eye of the Allfather|
|Description||Briefly reveal enemies, traps, and clues through all structures in front of you.|
- In a 125° cone in front of you, all enemies, traps, clues, and Loot Ticks are highlighted and tracked to be seen by you and your allies.
- The maximum distance it will highlight is 76 meters.
- It will also tell you how many hostiles were detected. With the maxed number of detected hostiles being 10, any higher will read as "10+ HOSTILES DETECTED".
- Enemies caught in the scan will see 'SONAR DETECTED' on their HUD.
- It takes 1.8s for the ability to activate.
- While using Beast of the Hunt, this ability's cooldown and activation time is faster at 8 seconds and .9 seconds respectively.
- The tracking lasts for 4 seconds on players. Traps and Loot Ticks will remain highlighted for as long as they exist.
- Squadmates can also see any scanned enemies or trap.
- Upon activation, the visual effect generated by the sonar is seen by everyone, including your teammates and enemies. While you can see the enemy and their traps, they'll know you're nearby as well.
- When scanning Mirage and his decoys, the real Mirage will be marked with a triangle while the decoys will not. Therefore, this ability is useful in finding the real Mirage while fighting him.
|Description||Foes leave behind clues for you to find.|
- Actions performed by enemies leave markers that Bloodhound can see. See below for all actions that leave evidence.
- Clues will note how long ago they occurred, and vanish after 90 seconds.
- Bloodhound can ping clues for teammates, either as Someone's Been Here or Recent Battle Here
- While following trails of clues, Bloodhound can also see ravens manifest around enemy tracks.
Enemy has passed through here.
Enemy has slid through here.
Enemy climbed this ledge.
Enemy dropped from this edge.
Enemy took this zipline.
Enemy dropped from this zipline.
Enemy opened/closed this door.
Enemy destroyed this door.
Enemy fired a weapon here.
Enemy reloaded a weapon here.
|Killed by [Weapon]
Enemy was killed with [weapon] here.
|Killer with [Weapon]|
Enemy got a kill with [weapon] here.
Enemy threw a grenade from here.
Enemy took damage here.
Enemy used a healing item here.
A downed enemy crawled through here.
Enemy placed a non-trap ability here.
Enemy Wraith phased here.
Enemy Wraith stopped phasing here.
A Smoke Launcher was fired here.
Nox Gas traps or grenades were used here.
|Perimeter Security Destroyed
A Perimeter Security Node was destroyed here.
|Interception Pylon Destroyed
An Interception Pylon was destroyed here.
|Loot Bin Opened|
This supply bin was opened.
|[Item] Picked Up
Enemy picked up an item here.
Enemy swapped their weapon or gear here.
Enemy dropped an item here.
This care package was opened.
Beast of the Hunt
|Beast of the Hunt|
|Charge time||180 seconds|
|Description||Transform into the ultimate hunter. Enhances your senses, allowing you to see cold tracks and move faster. Knockdowns extend duration.|
- Lasts 35 seconds, and remains active even when downed.
- Downing (not killing) enemies will add 5 to 15 seconds to Beast of the Hunt timer. The seconds added to the timer depend on the remaining duration of the ability.
- While active, Eye of the Allfather's cooldown is reduced to 8 seconds and its activation time is reduced to 0.9 seconds
- Increases your speed by 30%.
- Your vision turns black and white, except for enemies, which are highlighted in red.
- Enemy footprints are also highlighted in red.
- Certain things will retain a little color, including the edge of The Ring, grenade explosions, and various enemy abilities.respectively.
- While active, you can see enemies through Bangalore's or Caustic smokes.
- Since footsteps are tracked, Beast of the Hunt is a great way of finishing off a weakened enemy or finding a hiding foe.
- Since enemies are highlighted in all red, it's much easier to see them from long to extreme range. This makes Beast of the Hunt a great scouting and sniping skill.
- Seeing in black and white only can be troublesome concerning stuff on the ground or enemies' shields, which you cannot see the color (and so, the level).
- When activated Bloodhound makes a noise that nearby enemies can hear. Don't activate it if you are trying to be sneaky as it can give away the general area you are in.
- Take advantage of the faster activation speed and cooldown of Eye of the Allfather while this ability is active and scan away.
|Description||Scan a survey beacon to reveal the Ring's next location.|
- Allows you to access the 12 survey beacons available on the map in any given match to determine the circle location after the currently marked circle.
- The interaction with the survey beacon takes 7 seconds, during which you are vulnerable.
- A survey beacon can be used again when the next round starts.
There are a total of 61 Legend skins for Bloodhound; 15 Legendary, 7 Epic, 24 Rare and 16 Common.
- Included in the Tortured Souls Bundle.
Deep Blue[note 1]
- Was originally named Greatness Awaits.
The set contains:
- A Melee Weapon Skin: Raven's Bite.
- A Banner Pose: Glory Hound.
- An Intro Quip: "I honor those who've risen, not those who've fallen.".
- ▶️ "Strong work, and win."
- ▶️ "Ahead, we victory and ."
- ▶️ "If the gods will it, we ."
- ▶️ "The of wind calls our victory."
- ▶️ "Join me fighter, fight strong."
- ▶️ "Fate will be on our side fighter."
- ▶️ "Today will be our day, fight ."
- ▶️ "The Allfather will gift us today."
- ▶️ "Trust nature, then trust yourself."
- ▶️ "When they fall, we rise."
- ▶️ "Together, we will our enemies."
- ▶️ "As one we will be gifted with victory."
- ▶️ "Our path is made today."
- ▶️ "I am prepared for the fight."
- ▶️ "You and I will survive together."
- ▶️ "Trust your senses and victory will follow."
- ▶️ "The place between life and death is where I feel most alive."
- ▶️ " fighter, the end is decided, trust it."
- ▶️ "I am Blóðhundr, you can call me Bloodhound."
- "I honor those who've risen, not those who've fallen."
- "I will shed and honor the Allfather."
- "The battle begins may the gods bless it."
- "I fall only when the gods will it."
- "Have you prepared for your end? I have."
- "I am the hunter the gods have sent."
- "Open season. May the gods bless us."
- "The masks we wear are part of who we are."
- ▶️ "Trust in the Allfather"
- ▶️ "Today is a good day to fight."
- ▶️ "Blessings are upon me and brethren."
- ▶️ "Everyday is a new victory."
- ▶️ "Find me and we will battle."
- ▶️ "Honor is in the challenge, pride in the victory."
- ▶️ "Like my brethren before me I will ."
- ▶️ "I will never disappoint my brethren."
- ▶️ "Prove your strength before the gods."
- ▶️ "The day is mine."
- ▶️ "The fight honors me."
- ▶️ "The hunt begins."
- ▶️ "The true test is before the Allfather."
- ▶️ "Today’s victory is already written."
- ▶️ "When we meet I will ."
- ▶️ "It is your honor to face me."
- ▶️ "Fight, , fight again."
- "The Allfather has gifted me with the better strength."
- "What haunts you most is death. Something you no longer need to fear."
- "For (Artur/my love)."
- ▶️ "A bad beginning draws a bad end."
- ▶️ "A victory I will be grateful for."
- ▶️ "My stout heart defeated your sharp sword, battle is more than skill."
- ▶️ "You fought, this makes you brave and no coward."
- ▶️ "Come get some."
- ▶️ "Do not regret stay happy, good faith."
- ▶️ "Don’t let your wounds end your fate."
- ▶️ "Fear has ruled your actions today."
- ▶️ "Focus. that is how I defeated you."
- ▶️ "Greed will eat your mortal sorrow."
- ▶️ "Stand by your trial, I am not here to judge."
- ▶️ "I am ready for my end, there is no fear."
- ▶️ "I give a life, I don’t ."
- ▶️ "I as the gods will it."
- ▶️ "I till the end."
- ▶️ "Keep your pride."
- ▶️ "Your mind and spirit is the strongest weapon you have."
- ▶️ "There is more honor in death than a life without test."
- ▶️ "My fate is on my side."
- ▶️ "Your poor trust led to a poor end."
- ▶️ "Pride is the true victory, keep it."
- ▶️ "Slow and sure."
- ▶️ "Take your pride and cherish it."
- ▶️ "The Allfather graces you."
- ▶️ "Never forget the eyes of Blóðhundr."
- ▶️ "The gods have decided."
- ▶️ "The hungry wolf always the ."
- ▶️ "Today I fair forward with the most vigor."
- ▶️ "The path led us here today, embrace it."
- ▶️ "The pride of life calls for you."
- ▶️ "The of this battle will be remembered."
- ▶️ "This loss is a gift for you."
- ▶️ "To fight and fall is a happy life."
- ▶️ "I trust the gust of the wind, that led to my ."
- ▶️ "Trust yourself, there is no shame in competition."
- ▶️ "We knew this end would come."
- ▶️ "You are no coward, remember that."
- ▶️ "Your final hour cannot be escaped, embrace it."
- ▶️ "You think yourself skilled, your ignorance meets your end."
- ▶️ "Your journey ends today."
- ▶️ "Your strength showed life, be proud."
- ▶️ "The hungry wolf always attacks the weaker."
- I'm Jumpmaster
- "I will guide us to victory below."
- "I will choose our location for battle."
- Here we go / Diving as Jumpmaster
- ▶️ "Prepare for battle."
- "Battle lies below."
- Opening fire on the enemy
- "Battling the enemy."
- "In combat."
- "The gods favor my aim today."
- Downed an enemy
- "I downed a hostile."
- "Downed a hostile andskoti."
- Another enemy down
- "More enemies down."
- Taking damage
- "Damage upon me."
- "I am taking fire!"
- "Shots fired at me."
- "Taking damage."
- I'm down
- "I'm down but alive."
- "I have fallen."
- Healing/Recharging shields
- "Healing my wounds."
- "Taking a moment to heal."
- "Taking a moment to recharge my shields."
- "Lay low. I will assist you."
- "Your time is not over yet."
- ▶️ [to Loba] "You have the strength of Fenris in battle. We need you still."
- ▶️ [to Loba] "The heart of the wolf resides in you. Today you will not be ."
- Another Squad attacking
- "There is another squad. They are attacking."
- "The fight is not even. Multiple squads attack."
- Using a Survey Beacon
- "Scanning for the next Ring. Use your map to guide you."
- "I have located the next Ring. Trust your maps."
- (solo) "I have located the next Ring."
- (solo) "The next Ring is revealed."
- Flyer killed
- Dropping Holo-Spray
- "Survival of the fittest."
- "A token to remember this moment."
- First Blood
- "First blood. The battle begins."
- Kill Leader eliminated by Squad
- "Strong work. We have defeated the Kill Leader."
- Squadmate appointed as Kill Leader
- "All-góðr, you are the Kill Leader."
- Champion eliminated
- "A champion has fallen. It was their time."
- Care Package being delivered
- "Care package on high."
- "Care package on high. Favor from the gods."
- Half the squads remain
- “Half the squads remain. We will .”
- Squad inside the Ring
- "We have the benefit. We are inside the Ring."
- "We are inside the ring. Good faith."
- [Alone] "My enemies will find me inside this Ring."
- Squadmates outside the Ring
- "We are not all in the ring. The of wind will lead us to victory."
- Full Squad outside the ring
- "The ring is moving, fighters. No one is inside."
- "Use the map as your guide. The ring is moving."
- 30 seconds until nearby Ring closure
- "30 seconds remain. Safety is an arrow shot away."
- 10 seconds until nearby Ring closure
- "10 seconds until a closer battle."
- "Let's explore this way."
- "Let's go this way."
- "Might be something good this way."
- Go / Heading to a location
- "Going to check out right here."
- Watching here
- "Focusing my vision on this spot."
- "Focusing my vision on that spot."
- "Keeping a raven's watch on this area."
- "Keeping a raven's watch on that region."
- "Observing this spot over here."
- "Observing that spot over there."
- Defending here
- "I will defend this area from our enemies."
- "Preserving this area."
- "Preserving that area."
- "Defending our location."
- Attacking here
- "The hunt begins. Moving in here."
- "Following a path here for the attack."
- "Moving for the attack over there."
- Looting here
- "Looting here to strengthen our fight."
- "I will hunt for loot here."
- "If bleesed, I will find loot over here to benefit."
- [Quip] You're Welcome
- "The gods will bless us both this day."
- "Your gratitude is graced."
- ▶️ [to Revenant] "Hm. As you wish."
- ▶️ [to Revenant] "I am owed no gratitude. The Gods, however..."
- "Sniper ammo here -- if you choose."
- Requesting Sniper Ammo
- "I require sniper ammo."
- "Sentinel over here. Interesting weapon."
- Flyer spotted
- "Flyer in the distance."
- "Flyer here. A worthy hunt."
- Charge Tower
- "Charge Tower here. We may draw strength from its stores."
- Treasure pack
- "Treasure pack here. The gods gipt us."
- "Health drone here. Draw strength from its reserves."
- "Black Market here. Let it grace us with gipts."
- [Enemy] "Enemy Black Market here. Trust your ways."
- "Gravity lift here. Rise with its strength."
- "Black Hole here, descended from the stars."
- [Quip] Celebration
- "Be strong, when weak. Be brave, when faced with fear. Be humble, when victorious."
- "Herlov. Victory. The Allfather favors us today."
- "The Allfather honors us with victory and life."
- Activating Eye of the Allfather
- "Scanning the area."
- "Marking our surroundings."
- "Allfather give me sight!"
- "Bless me with sight."
- Activating Beast of the Hunt
- ▶️ "Trust in the Allfather."
- ▶️ "Calling upon nature's strength."
- ▶️ "I bathe in the !"
- ▶️ "I am Blóðhundr!"
- Entering Trials
- "I prepared this trial that others might test their skills... but perhaps I can join briefly."
- "It is unsporting if I participate in a trial of my design... but it would be unkind to leave my squad without aid."
- Examining Charge Rifle display
- "Through this weapon, I learned the truth of the old ways and the new. They are two that propel us onward. I taka this journey without fear."
- Examining Flyer skull
- "The skull of a flyer - The second creature by my hand. It is traditional to claim the skull of the first, but... That is lost to the winds."
- Examining Artur's armor
- "This helm and shield were borne by my uncle, Artur. He now dines in Valhalla as his memory guides our people. I wish I could speak with him today. About Boone. The . The promise that drew me to these games."
- Voiceover - round beginning
- "Battle the [??] prowlers that call this mountain home, and claim your reward. Round one; fight well."
- "Round two. Hold fast, fighter."
- "Round three. Victory is within reach."
- Voiceover - round won
- "The Allfather graces your victory. Taka your rewards."
- "You have fought well, blessed . Claim the spoils of battle."
- "You are one with the hunt. The prize is yours and yours alone."
- "The Allfather graces your victory this day. Taka your reward from the center."
- Voiceover - entering an in-progress trial
- "The trial is not yet complete. Bring it to its end, and claim your reward."
- Voiceover - entering Trials after another squad completed it
- "Others have completed this challenge. Return to fight another day."
- When at Destroyed Bridges or Destroyed Cascades, Kings Canyon (Season 5)
- "the giants away. Raw electricity beneath their feet." drove
- "The Leviathan was frightened and its mate was sure to follow."
- "The Leviathans were disturbed by the tiling of this island… or the explosion."
- "The silence saddens me. I welcomed the giant's call."
- "We may battle without the fear of the giants. But I will miss their calls."
- Bloodhound has been confirmed as non-binary and using they/them pronouns by Respawn Community Manager Jay Frechette, Bloodhound's voice actress Allegra Clark, and Narrative Director Mohammad Alavi.
- Bloodhound is often seen with a raven named Artur, likely a reference to Huginn and Muninn, ravens from Norse mythology that travel the world and give the information they find to Odin. It is named after Bloodhound's uncle. He appears to share his namesake's disdain for technology, as he often attacks Pathfinder.
- The official Twitter account once incorrectly tweeted out that the raven's name is "Arthur". However, an in-game Rare charm of the bird confirms it is spelled "Artur". Interestingly, the same spelling error was made again in the original official subtitles of "The Old Ways" short, though for Bloodhound's uncle and not the raven, and was corrected to "Artur" a few days after release.
- Bloodhound regularly references Old Norse language and mythology with the words they use and their accent. Examples of these are:
- Saying "slátra" ("Slaughter" in Old Norse) in their trailer and voice quips, calling enemies "andskoti" ("devil") and referring to their raven/teammates as "Félagi Fighter(s)" (Old Norse: "Félagi", meaning companion or partner)
- Making numerous references the Allfather, a commonly used kenning for the Norse god Odin.
- Bloodhound was originally intended to appear in the Titanfall series and can be found in The Art of Titan Fall 2 by Andy McVittie 
- Because Bloodhound keeps their identity a secret, Bloodhound is rumored to be fabulously wealthy, a bloodthirsty murderer, a Goliath whisperer, a former slave, half bat, and a dozen other things depending on who's doing the whispering.
- Bloodhound joined the Apex Games in its 121st season and has been crowned the Apex Champion three times.
A page from The Art of Titanfall, showing that Bloodhound was designed long before Apex Legends.
- Apex Legends: Two Playable Characters Are LGBTQ, Says EA
- Allegra Clark on Twitter
- Every Legend in Apex Legends Explained By Respawn | WIRED
- Archived Character Page
- Apex Legends Opening Cinematic
- The Art of Titanfall