|“||I call him Jackie, but he’ll slap you sideways if you print that. Stick with Jackson. And he’s not gone. Always equip your Jump Kit first... That Pilot was a stickler for protocol, to the end. Not that it’s the end. I just hope he found some peace. Maybe settled down. He was always great with kids...taught me everything I know. He said sometimes you only have time to chamber a single round. So you have to know how to do it right. The last thing I said to him was he’s worried about nothing. Four and a half seconds later, I’m watching him-- he’s in skyfall. ‘Worried about nothing.’ Do you know how insufferable that boy will be, sitting on ‘I told you so’ for over a decade? I’ll never hear the end of it. Actually, know what? Print ‘Jackie’. It’ll drive him crazy. But this way, he’ll know it’s really me. Sometimes you only have time to chamber a single round. Got to do it right.|
|— Bangalore talks about her brother Jackson|
|Real Name||Anita Williams|
|Weight||180 lbs (82 kg)|
|Height||6'0" (183 cm)|
|Tactical Ability||Smoke Launcher|
|Passive Ability||Double Time|
|Ultimate Ability||Rolling Thunder|
|Voice Actor||Erica Luttrell|
Bangalore is a legend that is free and unlocked in the base game.
Bangalore is an Offensive Legend great with any playstyle. Her Smoke Launcher is great at breaking line-of-sight by deploying a smokescreen that can then be used to retreat or double-down on an attack. Her passive Double Time gives her a speed boost when shot at while her ultimate, Rolling Thunder provides her with area denial capabilities.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Born into a military family where she, her parents, and her four older brothers all served in the IMC Armed Forces, Bangalore has been an exceptional soldier since she was young. She was top of her class at the IMC Military Academy and the only cadet who could take apart a Peacekeeper, equip it with a Precision Choke hop-up, and put it back together in under twenty seconds – blindfolded.
In the months following the Battle at Gridiron, Anita and her brother Jackson had lost contact with what was left of the IMC fleet, and were ambushed by unknown assailants upon arrival in the Outlands. The squad scattered, but Jackson stayed behind to give his sister time to escape. Alone and with no way home, Anita put her training, extensive weapon knowledge, and competitive spirit to work by joining the Apex Games. Now, she fights to raise money for passage back to the IMC home base, where she hopes to reunite with what remains of her family.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Smoke Launcher[edit | edit source]
|Description||Fire a high-velocity smoke canister that explodes into a smoke wall on impact.|
- Has two charges, allowing it to be used twice in a row.
- The launcher allows Bangalore to fire canisters farther than grenades can be thrown.
- Upon landing, the canister splits into three, which land in a line perpendicular to where it was launched from. Takes 23 seconds to evaporate.
- The canister's explosion deals 10 damage to enemies.
- The Smoke Launcher can be used both offensively and defensively; to ambush an unsuspecting squad by removing their ability to see you and respond, or as a weapon of escape to obscure yourself and your team from enemies. Bangalore can also use the smoke canister while she is currently using a consumable item such as a Med Kit or Shield Battery, as both only require one hand. Use this to your advantage to cover yourself while you heal.
- Think about using it as a barrier between you and an enemy when you are attacking the enemy. This makes it harder for you to see the enemy and makes it easier to get you ambushed.
- Throw a Frag Grenade or some explosive device into a smokescreen. This will either deal damage to enemies inside it, force them to come to you, or force them to retreat.
Double Time[edit | edit source]
|Description||Taking fire while sprinting makes you move faster for a brief time.|
- Double Time activates upon being hit, or when bullets/grenades barely miss you, giving you a 30% increase in run speed for 2 seconds.
- Bangalore's passive is a reactionary one that responds to enemies engaging you. Utilize the short term speed boost whenever you can either by running for cover or returning fire with the increased speed as it makes you a difficult target to hit.
Rolling Thunder[edit | edit source]
|Charge time||270 seconds|
|Description||Call in an artillery strike that slowly creeps across the landscape.|
- Bangalore throws a flare, and several rows of missiles land sequentially in front of the flare then stick for 8 seconds before exploding. Since they land in rows, this creates a sort of wave of explosions moving forward from the flare.
- The missiles land in a 6x6 square.
- Each explosion deals 40 damage and slows enemies. This ability cannot damage squadmates, but it will still cause a slowing effect.
- Unlike Gibraltar's Defensive Bombardment, the missiles land in front of the flare instead of around it, so throw it between you and the area you want to bombard.
- Rolling Thunder should be best saved for large team engagements or ambushes, or ultimately to cover your team while escaping. It can catch an unsuspecting enemy team off guard and have them running for cover.
- A good time to use Rolling Thunder is right after downing an enemy in a long-range outdoor fight. It'll make it dangerous for their squad to try to revive them, and give your squad space to push into a 3v2 fight.
- This ultimate ability isn't independently powerful enough to be fully effective on its own, so it is strongly recommended to chase the enemy down as they get bombarded.
Cosmetic Items[edit | edit source]
Skins[edit | edit source]
There are a total of 58 legend skins for Bangalore: 16 Legendary, 7 Epic, 19 Rare and 16 Common.
- Mint Condition - Needs The Enforcer[note 1] and 6,500
- Was initially for the Officer Williams.
Finishers[edit | edit source]
Reversal of Fortune
Badges[edit | edit source]
Skydive Emotes[edit | edit source]
Music Packs[edit | edit source]
Loading Screens[edit | edit source]
Voice Lines[edit | edit source]
- "Real men use ironsights? Heh, I use heavy artillery”.
- "Clips are what civvies use in their hair, this is called a magazine."
- "Ready up, it’s go time"
- "We got this round squared away"
- "Rook up its time to move out"
- "Get ready to stitch 'em up"
- "Nothing like cold steel on a hot day."
- "(Sniff - Sniff) Spent gunpowder... smells like victory."
- "No Cluster Foxtrots in my unit, let's run this."
- "Time to see if all those drills have paid off."
- "I've put the time in, I've earned my stripes."
- "Safety's off, weapon's free."
- "Lock and load, rinse, repeat. It’s that simple."
- "If you can't keep up you're straight out of luck."
- "Time to put some lead downrange."
- "Pop the smoke make 'em broke."
- "Tap, rack, and clear. I'm ready."
- "We'll win this thing together. or die."
- "Amateur hour's over, time for the big leagues."
- "I came here to party, let's rock."
- "Better find me before I find you."
- "Come get some. Move it or die."
- "Get ready for a light show."
- "No such thing as auto-aim, ladies."
- "You make contact, you better finish the job."
- "Opening season. No time for an ."
- "This isn't a costume, it's a uniform. It's who I am and you will respect it."
- "They say there's nothing harsher than a long winter, guess they never met me."
- "Artillery sounds like music to me."
- "I'm not hard to understand. Death is my language."
- "Don't bring a pistol to an artillery fight."
- "Don't matter what you run, just how you use it."
- "Don't miss. I won't."
- "Get ready for a world of hurt."
- "Want a tip? Go back to boot camp."
- "Heads up for a ."
- "Pistols to artillery, I can do it all, your call."
- "Name the weapon, I'll still beat you."
- "I'm ready today... (laughs) I'm ready all month."
- "Locked and loaded."
- "Make each round count."
- "Maybe this time I'll open both eyes."
- "Shooter ready."
- "Show up on my door playing pretend soldier? Hmph, here's your candy."
- "Cold out? Gonna feel a lot colder in a second."
- "Looks like aiming isn't your strong suit."
- "Bad effect on target, rook."
- "On this field you gotta be prepared for anything."
- "You can't dodge heavy artillery. You know that right?"
- "Did you think the trigger would pull itself?"
- "Don't knock yourself. I put my time in long ago."
- "Dropped, shocked, and rocked. Say hello to the four-oh first."
- "First one through the door is usually the first one in a body bag."
- "Good initiative, bad judgment. Try again."
- "I got the best of you today."
- "Here's a tip: know what you're doing."
- "You need to hit the range more."
- "Ever heard of a stock? Barrel stabilizer? How about skills? You might wanna find you some."
- "Not gonna say this was too easy, but I may have had one eye closed."
- "I said danger close. Weren't you listening?"
- "I'm quicker than you think. Keep that in mind next time."
- "You're just another on my resume."
- "You sure you didn't just make it out of basic training?"
- "Kill confirmed. Gonna add you to the list."
- "Like a deer in the headlights. And I'm the headlights."
- "No substitute for real steel."
- "You're not even worth the chalk to tally."
- "Not your day, shooter."
- "You played dead like a pro."
- "Rate of fire means nothing when you miss all the time."
- "What happened? Recoil hit you in the face?"
- "[sniffs] So that's what fear smells like."
- "Take a breather. You lost this one."
- "First you lose your cool, then you lose your head."
- "Too slow on the draw."
- "Training dummies move faster than you."
- "What are you? The ?"
- "What happened? Your weapon malfunction? Or did you?"
- ▶️ "This is what happens when your unit goes ."
- "You just got caught on the wrong end of my muzzle."
- "I can tell from your shooting that you ain't no operator."
- "You bleed. You sweat. You get what you put in."
- "I'm gonna give you the bottom line upfront: You lost this one."
- "You shooting blanks, or you just miss a lot?"
- "Don't matter who you were back in the world. You're in my house now"
- "Big, small, don't matter. You're just target practice to me."
- "Hey. I'm the jumpmaster. Ready up."
- "Stay on me. I'm the jumpmaster."
- When dropping from Dropship
- "Hold on tight! It’s time to drop, shock, and rock!"
- "Hit the jets! We're dropping hot."
- Hitting an enemy
- "Confirmed hit on target."
- "Putting lead down range."
- Getting hit
- "Takin' damage."
- "Eating lead!"
- Third Partied
- "Check your sectors! Another squad is incoming."
- "Ambush! Ambush! There's another squad!."
- Killed the Kill Leader
- "We took out the Kill Leader. Rocked 'em, and dropped 'em."
- Being Respawned
- "Time to drop, shock, and rock."
- "Let me at 'em."
- First Blood
- "First blood. FNGs always go first."
- "First blood. Tastes like victory."
- New Kill Leader
- "New Kill Leader -- call 'em if you spot 'em."
- "New Kill Leader -- watch your six."
- Appointed as New Kill Leader
- "Just got promoted to Kill Leader."
- Champion Eliminated
- "Nice, champion's out. Meat wagon is having one hell of a day."
- Next ring is far
- "Next ring's far, ladies. Oscar Mike."
- Ring Moving
- "Ring's moving. , ladies."
- Close ring, 10 seconds left
- "Not too far from the ring. Got 10."
- "Solid copy."
- You're Welcome
- "Don't mention it."
- "I got you."
- [to Revenant] "Yeah, jackass. You made that clear."
- [to Revenant] "(sigh) I can't believe this guy is actually making me side with Forge."
- [to Revenant] "Ugh, I can't believe this guy is actually making me side with Forge."
- [to Revenant] "Ugh, I can't believe this guy is making me side with Forge."
- [to Revenant] "Can't believe this guy is making me side with Forge."
- Pinging location in Dropship
- "Let’s touch down here"
- "This is a good ."
- Pinging location
- "Let's reposition here."
- "Let's displace here."
- Flatline here. Kicks like a mule, but hits even harder.
- Flatline here. Hits harder than the 301, but harder to control.
- G7 Scout here. Handles like an AR. Good mid-range.
- Hemlok here. Three round burst. Best AR at range.
- Hemlok here. One burst to break the shield, another to break the man.
- R-301 here. Accurate and easy to control.
- R-301 here. Standard issue. Very dependable.
- R-301 here. Versatile platform, from close to long-range.
- R-301 here. Comes stock with a fire selector.
- HAVOC Rifle here. Takes a sec to warm up, but very powerful.
- Alternator here. Two alternating fire barrels. Easy to control.
- Alternator here. Super compact, easy to handle.
- Prowler SMG here. Five round burst. High rate of fire.
- Prowler SMG here. Hop up turns this baby full auto.
- R-99 here. Crazy rate of fire, eats anything you run it.
- R-99 here. Spits lead, so grab an extended mag.
- R-99 here. Good recoil, but it empties fast.
- Devotion here. Increases rate of fire over time.
- Devotion here. Eats up energy ammo, but weeds people out.
- Spitfire here. Good mid-range suppression.
- Spitfire here. Get the extended mag and you're a solid base of fire.
- L-STAR here. Very rare plasma weapon.
- L-STAR here. Overheats, but what a beauty. Go ham with this thing.
- Longbow here. Semi-auto DMR.
- Longbow here. A marksman's best friend.
- Kraber here. Rare sniper for you marksmen.
- Kraber here. This baby's got everything you need.. if you can handle it.
- Triple Take here. The horizontal spread makes it easier to hit running targets.
- Triple Take here. Very little projectile drop at range.
- EVA-8 here. Ranged shotgun. Fully auto.
- EVA-8 here. Don't need to worry about short strokin' a pump.
- Mastiff here. Very rare. Strong incendiary rounds.
- Mastiff here. Aim down sight to choke the spread.
- Mozambique here. Three buckshot on a single trigger pull.
- Mozambique here. Two to the chest, one to the head. Solid shotgun pistol.
- Peacekeeper here. Good for close combat.
- Peacekeeper here. Hop up chokes the spread.
- RE-45 here. High rate of fire, not much kick.
- RE-45 here. Nice auto-pistol for close combat.
- P2020 here. Standard issue 'cause it's dependable.
- P2020 here. I grew up with one of these.
- Wingman here. Most powerful handgun on the Frontier.
- Wingman here. Slow, but it's got serious stopping power.
- Close-range optic
- "Optics here. Close range. Always better than ironsights."
- "Optics here. Close range. Highlights your enemies."
- "Body shield here. Level 1/2/3/4. You need one if you don't have it."
- Treasure pack
- "Treasure pack here. Eyes on the prize, ladies."
- Enemy spotted
- "Enemy in sight."
- "Tango spotted."
- "Tango spotted. Danger close."
- "Hostile! Danger close."
- "Hostile right here."
- "Hostile spotted."
- "Hostile! Right here."
- "Target over there."
- "Contact! On my marker!"
- Double Time activated
- " . I'm spotted."
- "Spotted. Double Timing it."
- Smoke Launcher fired
- "Popping smoke!"
- "Smoke out."
- "Popping the chimney."
- "Giving 'em the chimney."
- The second charge of Smoke Launcher fired
- "Make it two!"
- "Repeat on last."
- Calling in Rolling Thunder
- " on my mark. Firing for effect."
- "Heads up. Dropping the pain."
- "Come on in. "
- "Ol' Painless knocking at the door."
- Sent back to Death Totem
- "Totem brought me back. Thought I'd seen it all. I was wrong."
- When at ARES Capacitor at Kings Canyon
- "Word on Gridiron was that Charge Towers were meant to to supply power to multiple planets one day. Guess we'll never know now."
History[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bangalore's abilities came from gameplay need to have a character who could help their team advance on enemies through large open areas. The name 'Bangalore' comes from the Bangalore torpedo, as well as from the city in India, since Indian troops in World War I made use of creeping barrages to cross no man's land.
- She hates Flyers. This may be a reference to the first Titanfall where IMC Grunts were forcibly taken away by Flyers.
- She has had at least one interaction with the mysterious Syndicate.
- When she was growing up, her parents raised her on the P20 Series handguns, as hinted at when you ping a P2020 in the game.
- Bangalore enjoys shooting guns on her birthday.
- Bangalore's rank is Sergeant 1st Class according to the Season 5 Quest, The Broken Ghost, prologue.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
An article about Bangalore and her brother.
Concept art of Bangalore.
Concept art of the smoke launcher.
Concept art of Rolling Thunder's missiles.
References[edit | edit source]