August 18, 2020 Patch
|August 18, 2020 Patch|
|The new PoI, Launch Site|
|Previous patch||June 30, 2020 Patch|
|Next patch||August 20, 2020 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New legend: Rampart
- New weapon: the Volt SMG
- Several changes to World's Edge
- Added Blast Walls players can activate
- New loot Crafting system
- Added Replicators around the map
- Added Materials, a new resource used for crafting
- Loot that is in rotation in the crafting system will not spawn as ground loot
- New cosmetics, including a new type: Holo-Sprays
- New Quest: The First Ship, now with full-color comics
Armor Meta[edit | edit source]
- All Body Shields are now Evo Shields
- Players spawn with Level 0 Evo Shields, which have no Shield by default
- Level 2 and Level 3 Body Shields are replaced with pre-leveled Evo Shields. Level 4 Body Shields still exist separately.
- Reduced Level 3 and Level 4 Body Shield health from 100 to 75
- Reduced Level 5 Evo Shield health from 125 to 100
- Adjusted Evo Shield leveling requirements:
- Damage to white: 50
- Damage to blue: 125
- Damage to purple: 250
- Damage to red: 500
Legends[edit | edit source]
- Recon class
- All Recon characters (Bloodhound, Crypto, and Pathfinder) can now use Survey Beacons to get the next ring location. Crypto can use his drone to instantly get this information.
- Passive: Each time Pathfinder scans a survey beacon, the total cooldown of Zipline Gun is reduced.
- Zipline Gun cooldown reduced by 10s each time Pathfinder scans a beacon.
- Up to 6 rings per game means the total cooldown of Zipline Gun can go from 120s to 60s.
Context: Giving all Recon legends access to survey beacons makes Pathfinder less unique, and obviously we don’t love that. For now, we’re giving our friendly robot a small buff to his ultimate cooldown when he uses a survey beacon, but in the future we will take another look at Pathfinder to see what else we could do to make him feel more unique.
- Beast of the Hunt: Now gains even more duration when Bloodhound scores a knockdown or kill with the ultimate about to run out.
- Beast of the Hunt duration extension 5s → [5s - 15s] based on remaining duration
- Eye of the Allfather: During Beast of the Hunt, Eye of the Allfather now comes out twice as fast and has a much shorter cooldown.
- Eye of the Allfather CD during Beast of the Hunt: 25s → 6s
- Eye of the Allfather total use time during Beast of the Hunt: 1.8s → 0.9s
Context: Bloodhound fulfills a very clear role in Apex Legends: they’re the information gatherer and tracker, but currently their performance leaves a lot to be desired. In this patch, we wanted to double down on their ultimate being their big moment of becoming a god-like tracker. Bloodhound already gives up some information to the enemy when they scan or use the ultimate (it makes a noticeable sound), so we think there is room for a lot more power during the ultimate.
- Surveillance Drone:
- Crypto can now activate respawn and survey beacons from his drone. Doing so is instant instead of requiring a prolonged use.
- Made the surveillance drone slightly more consistent to hit but also doubled its hitpoints.
- Surveillance Drone 30HP → 60HP
- Surveillance Drone hitbox size: cube of edge length 16 → cube of edge length 24
- Drone EMP:
- EMP will now slow teammates caught in the blast, even if they had no shields. This means that players who have used Revenant’s Death Totem will also be slowed.
Context: Crypto is a particularly interesting recon character: the amount of information he can gather for his team with the drone is very high, but the fact that he has to switch over to his drone leaves him vulnerable and often at a great distance from his team. Because he has no abilities without his drone, we figure there’s room for even more power when he’s in his drone.
- Death Totem
- For 2s after being recalled by the Death Totem, players cannot use Wraith’s Dimensional Rift.
Context: We’re happy to see that dropping the range restriction on Death Totem brought a lot more Revenants into play, but we’ve been watching a particularly frustrating combo play out in professional level play involving a squad of Revenant, Wraith, and Crypto, where using the three ultimates together resulted in two back to back runs at the enemy team that they could do very little about. We’ve attacked part of that in the Crypto EMP change, but here’s the other part aimed at making this play less overwhelming.
- Stim: Can now use Stim while healing, but stim will not remove the slow you incur from healing.
- Black Market:
- Lowered cooldown from 3min to 90s
Context: While Loba was initially very popular, she’s been struggling to keep up more recently, so we’re tossing her a little buff. If you’re curious why we’ve chosen to buff her ultimate rather than her tactical_ we’re seeing that she has decent combat success but that teams with her on them don’t win as much as, say, teams with Lifeline or Wattson. This suggests to us that her out of combat utility (that is to say, how she funnels loot to her team) isn’t doing enough.
- Defensive Bombardment:
- Increased cooldown from 3 minutes to 4.5 minutes
- Rolling Thunder:
- Decreased cooldown from 4.5 minutes to 3 minutes
- Dimensional Rift:
- Increased Ult cooldown from 2.5 minutes to 3.5 minutes
- Interception Pylon
- Trophy system will now shoot down Caustic barrels in flight if they would have landed inside the range of the trophy.
Loot[edit | edit source]
- Precision Choke - Removed Precision Choke from loot pool, but it will now be integrated into the Triple Take and Peacekeeper by default. Fire select toggles on/off the choke
- The R-99 SMG is now Care Package loot.
- Damage increased from 11 to 12
- Increased magazine size to 32
- Ammo Reserve: 160
- The Devotion LMG has returned to ground loot.
- Clip size reduced back to original values 36 / 40 / 44 / 48.
- Sniper ammo
- Increased pick up from 8 to 12
- Increased Stack Size from 16 to 24
- Energy Ammo
- Reduce amount picked up from 30 to 20.
- Fully Kitted Weapons rotated:
Weapon Updates[edit | edit source]
- Reduced vertical recoil in burst mod
- Slightly reducing recoil in pattern on 2nd and 3rd shot so first burst kicks less
- Burst mode time between bursts .32 -> .28
- Will now use 2 ammo per shot.
- Increased mag size from 4 to 8
- Increase fire rate 1.25 -> 1.4
- Increased Mag size from (5/6/7/8) to (6/7/8/9)
- Built the Choke hop up into the weapon by default. Toggle select-fire to enable/disable the Choke
- Built the Choke hop up into the weapon by default. Toggle select-fire to enable/disable the Choke
- Improve recoil controllability
- Updated Havoc with a new recoil pattern
Designer Note: The Havoc's existing recoil pattern had constant horizontal movement. This means it would either be too difficult to control if there was too much recoil, or far too easy to control if there was too little recoil. Updating to a new pattern which is more consistent in style with existing recoil patterns.
- Increased clip size from 3 to 4.
- Increased Damage from 13 to 15
- Decreased Hammerpoint damage multiplier from 2.7 to 2.35. This will leave Hammerpoint P2020 damage unchanged in most scenarios..
- Increased mag size from 10 / 13 / 15 / 18 to 12 / 14 / 16 / 18
- Only requires one shield cell to charge if the player has the gold armor.
- Slightly Reduce vertical recoil in burst mode
- Increase horizontal recoil in Auto Mode
Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Supply Drop Weapons are now Heirloom Tier to avoid confusion with fully kitted guns which will remain gold.
- World’s Edge received performance improvements, especially around The Tree, The Dome and Skyhook, looking towards the center of the map.
- Alterations were made to The Ring to prevent late zones from centering on unplayable terrain and reduce the predictability of the zone’s “pull.”
Bug Fixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed an issue with the La Catrina and Killing Machine skins obscuring views when ADS with the holo, 2x, 2-4x or 3x scopes.
- Fixed an exploit with being able to see through smoke when looking through a chain link fence.
- Fixed an issue with Bloodhound being able to get an additional Ult when using a Wraith ultimate.
- Fixed an issue with gas traps clipping into mobile Respawn beacons.
- Fixed an issue with Revenant and Pathfinder taking less damage from Nox Gas.
- Fixed an issue VFX show false positive when hitting Crypto’s Drone.
- Fixed an issue with Crypto being able to use his drone while using Loba’s Black Market.
- Fixed an issue with EMP not destroying Loba’s Black Market.
- Did a geo pass to help prevent Crypto’s drone from clipping into walls.
- Fixed an issue with Gibraltar airstrike markers sometimes appearing inside buildings.
- Fixed an issue with Loba’s Black Market not being pingable.
- Fixed an issue with enemies getting teleported with Loba when they melee her when she teleports.
- Fixed an issue with decoys flying rapidly across the ground when player takes control of it before a jump tower or geyser.
- Fixed an issue with decoys not looking natural when player uses a zipline.
- Fixed and issue with Decoys getting launched into air while player enters Wraith’s Portal.
- Fixed bug where Mirage’s decoys would sometimes not deploy while skydiving.
- Fixed an issue with jump pads disappearing when placed on ordinances.
- Fixed an issue with jump pads disappearing when placed under loot ticks.
- Hi Friend!
- Fixed an issue with enemies getting teleported with Revenant when they melee him before he teleports back to death totem.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith portals pushing players beneath geo when a death box is on the other end.
- Fixed an issue with Wraith’s tactical losing velocity when pressing the fire button during the tactical.
- Fixed an issue for when a death totem and portal are too close to each other causing players to auto enter a portal upon death totem recall.
- Fixed an issue with evo armor doubling the effect of leveling up. This caused some brightness on screen.
- Fixed an issue with the train killing players when coming out of a Wraith portal on the train.
- Fixed an issue with some vertical zip lines not correctly placing players once they get off the line.
- Fixed an issue with spectator view pinging last pings when swapping through views (Private Match Issue).
- Fixed an issue for knockdown state not eliminating the squad when no one had a gold shield.
- Fixed an issue where death protection runs out with an active DOC medic nearby, DOC would not start healing you.