Grenades are throwable explosives that can be found as items. There are currently three types of grenades; the Frag Grenade, the Thermite Grenade, and the Arc Star.
Grenades can be accessed by holding G or . You can then use the fire button on PC, for XBOX or for the PS4 to aim and throw.
|Frag Grenades are throwable ordnance that explode shortly after being thrown, dealing up to 100 damage. It also deals 10 damage on impact with the grenade itself.
- The explosion is able to destroy doors.
- You may only hold up to two Frag Grenades per inventory slot.
- Frag Grenades also can bounce or roll on the environment before detonating.
|Contact with ground
|An impact grenade that explodes into a fiery horizontal line upon contact, applying a 25 damage-over-time burn effect to all those affected.
- It can cause damage to doors.
- It ignores Knockdown Shields (although it still damages the shield health) and will damage the health of those affected.
- You may only hold up to two Thermite Grenades per inventory slot.
- It can be useful to seal off an enclosed area such as a doorway to prevent enemies from pushing a position, as well as a mild deterrent to break line of sight of an enemy.
- If an enemy is body blocking a door, you can throw a Thermite at the bottom of the door. It will destroy the door and burn the enemy.
|Arc Stars are throwable ordnance which are able to stick to surfaces and explode with arc energy. Deals 70 damage and slows enemies for 5 seconds.
- Arc Stars do damage on impact.
- If the Arc Star sticks to an enemy and has shields, those will be disabled entirely while unshielded players will be downed immediately.
- The explosion is also able to destroy doors.
- You may only hold up to two Arc Stars per inventory slot.
- The explosion's "splash" damage decreases with distance from the Arc Star itself so plan accordingly.
- August 13, 2019 Iron Crown Patch
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Arc Stars would attach to players and some objects at a distance and appear to float off of them.
- Fixed bug where sometimes Arc Stars would not explode or do no damage when it detonates.
- July 02, 2019 Season 2 Patch
- Arc Star
- Increased ignition delay from 2.5 to 2.8 seconds.
- Sticking a full health player with no armor will now down them.
- Players at the edge of the explosion no longer get their shields completely shredded.
- Arc stars that are stuck to players should no longer fail to do damage when the part of the player it is stuck to is intersecting another object.
- Fixed an issue where players downed with thermite could be invincible to thermite after being revived.
- June 03, 2019 Legendary Hunt Patch
- Thermite grenades now cause damage to doors.
- March 19, 2019 Season 1 Patch
- Turned down the draw/holster sound slightly for thermite grenades.
- February 13, 2019 Preseason Patch 01
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.