April 07, 2020 Patch
|April 07, 2020 Patch|
|The raven statues at Bloodhound's Trials|
|Previous patch||March 03, 2020 Patch|
|Next patch||May 12, 2020 Patch|
New Content[edit | edit source]
- New event: The Old Ways - runs April 07 to April 21
- New Town Takeover: Bloodhound's Trials
- Duos and Kings Canyon have been made permanently available
Weapons and Loot[edit | edit source]
- Reduced headshot scale from 2.0 to 1.75.
- Reduced leg shot scale from 0.9 to 0.75.
- Slightly reduced projectile speed.
- L-STAR will reset its viewkick pattern much more quickly to avoid horizontal recoil feeling like it goes in an unpredictable direction while feathering the trigger.
- Reduced time before overheat 2.4 to 2.2 (25 shots to 23 shots)
- Increased headshot damage multiplier from 2.05 to 3.0.[note 1]
- Reduced ammo per pickup from 10 to 8.
- Reduced inventory stack size from 20 to 16.
- Reduced the amount of damage required to evolve.
- Increased total amount of loot items that spawn on the map.
Legends[edit | edit source]
- Low Profile Legends
- Death Totem:
- Characters are now respawned with 50 health (or whatever health they had when they activated it, if lower) instead of 1.
- Removed Low Profile.
- New secondary passive: Lifeline can access secret compartments with more loot on Blue Bins.
- Dimensional Rift: Portals will now disappear after four seconds if both ends are outside the Circle.[note 3]
Bug Fixes/Quality of Life[edit | edit source]
- Fixed bug for cases where match results would not process correctly after players were disconnected.
- Fixes for some script errors.
- Fixed bug for cases where taller Legends could get stuck in geometry after using Wraith’s Dimensional Rift.
- Fixed bug for cases where players that were under Revenant’s Death Protection could still be healed by Lifeline’s D.O.C. Heal Drone and Wattson’s Interception Pylon.
- Fixed a bug where mantling with Wraith would cause the camera to clip through the character.
- [PS4] Fixed lighting in some interior areas on World’s Edge that were appearing too dark.
- Fixed bug where sometimes players would lose aim assist after being hit by Revenant’s Silence ability.
- Fix for cases where players would not receive assist credit when using Crypto’s Surveillance Drone to scan enemies.
- Fixed issue where sometimes players could hear and in rare cases, be hit by Revenant’s abilities while in the Firing Range when he’s not there.
- Fix for some cases where the Circle would end in a bad or invalid location.
- Fix to help reduce cases of invisible doors.
- Fixed issue with Bangalore’s Viceroy skin where the legs were showing the wrong skin while mantling.
- Fixed bug for cases when Revenant places his Death Totem on the train, a player is respawned to it while on the train, and the train is moving, the player could be respawned somewhere else on the map or even off the map.
- Energize charge for the Sentinel Sniper rifle can now be canceled with / button.
- Fixed bug for cases where Dive Trails were visible before exiting the Drop Ship.
- Fixes for map bug related to exploitable hiding spots and bad geo.
Undocumented changes[edit | edit source]
- Added HUD element that describes the function of hop-ups when equipping one.
- Increased cooldown for Mirage's Psyche Out: 15 seconds -> 25 seconds. (Confirmed to be unintentional)
- Increased cooldown for Pathfinder's Grappling Hook: 13 seconds -> 15 seconds.
Designer Notes[edit | edit source]
- Now it should always down a target with a headshot, even if they are a Fortified character with a Level 3 Helmet and a full Evo Shield.
- Player feedback that Revenant wasn't feeling viable enough has been loud and clear and game data showed the same. Our goal is to bring his effectiveness up to parity with other Legends.
- This change was made to combat players exploiting the Portal to avoid taking damage outside the Ring.