Light Rounds[edit | edit source]
Weapons that use Light Rounds tend to have high rates of fire compared to their counterparts.
There are 5 weapons that use Light Rounds.
Heavy Rounds[edit | edit source]
Weapons that use Heavy Rounds tend to do more damage per round compared to their counterparts, but the bullets have lower velocity and a more pronounced drop.
There are 5 weapons that use Heavy Rounds.
- VK-47 Flatline - AR
- Hemlok Burst AR - AR
- Prowler Burst PDW - SMG
- M600 Spitfire - LMG
- Wingman - Pistol
Energy Ammo[edit | edit source]
Energy Ammo projectiles have very little projectile drop, are not slowed by drag, and have the fastest flight velocity in each weapon class.
There are 4 weapons that use Energy Ammo:
Shotgun Shells[edit | edit source]
Shotgun Shells or Shotgun Ammo are used by shotguns. They are found in stacks of 8 or sometimes 16, and can be stacked up to 16 in each inventory slot.
There are 3 weapons that use Shotgun Shells:
Sniper Ammo[edit | edit source]
Sniper Ammo is used by snipers. They are found in stacks of 12 or sometimes 24, and can be stacked up to 24 in each inventory slot.
There are 4 weapons that use Sniper Ammo:
Drop Rate[edit | edit source]
NOTE: These do not include ammo stacks that spawn alongside weapons. The rarity of the weapons that use a type of ammo affects the overall rarity of the ammo type.
Special Ammo[edit | edit source]
Special Ammo are used by Supply Drop weapons. They are unique to the weapon, take no inventory space, cannot be dropped, and cannot be replenished.
Currently, there are 3 Supply Drop weapons:
- Kraber .50-cal Sniper - uses Special Sniper Ammo.
- Peacekeeper - uses Special Shotgun Shells.
- R99 - uses Special Light Rounds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Supply Drop ammo used to be gold along with the Supply Drop weapons themselves. Their rarity were upgraded to red to differentiate them from fully kitted weapons.
- Before the introduction of Sniper Ammo in Season 4, snipers used the other ammo types.
- Energy weapons fire different projectiles than normal weapons. Normal weapons fire orange-yellow projectiles, regardless of if they are using Light Rounds, Heavy Rounds, Shotgun Shells, or Sniper Ammo. Projectiles fired by energy weapons tend to be blue, though the L-STAR EMG's is red.
- The Charge Rifle, Triple Take, and Peacekeeper are energy weapons, but they do not use Energy Ammo because they are snipers and shotguns. The Charge Rifle and Triple Take used to use energy ammo before the sniper rework. The Peacekeeper never used energy ammo, but its codename is "energy_shotgun" in the files.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]